• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Does Fellowship size affect the FA?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
My Win FS has inactive players. But we do bring in small players, and keep the old cities for polishes, and as examples of city building.
It's not my preferred strategy, but I am not the AM.

I can assure you, recruitment letters to the active players are  not welcome. We're not interested in becoming peons in someone else's garden, so a little restraint is appreciated in this area, just saying.

We're finishing the FA and playing in the pit for Perk points, and also snagging Blueprints on push weeks. Don't let folks push you to do things that you're not ready to do @Crystalterrie. Those dead members still get you 10 Experience Points a day if you polish them.

Crystalterrie

Keep in mind a lot of players do know about elvenstats so if they're picky FS shoppers (which they should be), they'll see too many black triangles as a red flag. Pruning to a shorter number will hurt you on rank, but at least look like it's being managed. Also, when you first start a FS, the game will float the new ones towards the top. It'll be easier to find for self-applicants, but after that, you have to do the hard work of pounding pavement like all the other archmages looking for new players.
Those are the most compelling reasons I have heard. Thanks for that!

Crystalterrie

In addition to the points made above, when fellowships go recruiting they often look for active players in fellowships with many inactive members. They then message those players to see if they are interested in switching fellowships. So having lots of inactive players on your fellowship roll can open you up to this.
Yes. That has happened.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
At the end of the day, it is a decision that the Archmage has to make. Its hard to boot people, it can be hard to keep them as well. As an AM in Khel and Win, I put it to the active players. We make the decisions by committee. I am the Archmage in both fellowships by default. And since the fellowship members put in as much effort, and in some cases MORE, to the fellowships, I believe that they have the right to make the decisions.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
We are wondering if the size of the fellowship affects the requirements to complete the paths in the Fellowship Adventure. We have some inactive members that we are considering cutting loose, but we are in no rush to do so if there is no real benefit other than to make space for new members.
I know you are wanting to know about the fellowship adventure, but I just want to say that I totally second what everyone else has said about finding members from inactive fellowships. The AM who allows inactives to stay is doing himself or herself a great disservice.

Crystalterrie

At the end of the day, it is a decision that the Archmage has to make. Its hard to boot people, it can be hard to keep them as well. As an AM in Khel and Win, I put it to the active players. We make the decisions by committee. I am the Archmage in both fellowships by default. And since the fellowship members put in as much effort, and in some cases MORE, to the fellowships, I believe that they have the right to make the decisions.
I like this idea. I will pass it on to our AM. Thanks!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Those dead members still get you 10 Experience Points a day if you polish them.
That is a terrible reason to keep inactive players on the roll. If you replace the dead member with an active player, the active player would do visits. A full round of visits in a 25 person FS is going to be worth between 240 to 480 experience points. This would also raise the value of other FS members visiting that player to 20, which is double what you get from visiting the dead member. Finally the active member is going to be contributing weekly to your spire and tournament scores. It is possible their contribution gets the entire fellowship an extra chest in tournament or an extra waypoint in spire. Which gives 4000 experience points. Not to mention the other rewards from the chest/waypoint.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Throws up hands!
Whatever.
No one reads the whole post, just the bits that suits them.

Zoof

Throws up hands!
Whatever.
No one reads the whole post, just the bits that suits them.
But... but... how can we squabble amongst ourselves without pulling apart posts and picking argumentative arguments through with what we thought was a fine-toothed comb but was really an industrial push-broom ? [/s]

---

But more to the point of the original post, if you want to cut people loose, do so one at a time, so if you don't have any takers, you're only down by one position. Perhaps make a posting in the Arendyll subforum* for recruiting passing forumgoers and lurkers who are free of obligation yet with a burning desire to find a home that's most definitely NOT the typically crummy suggestions the game foists upon its new and vulnerable players.

However or whatever your fellowship does the deeds, be sure that all your preparations are completed before the start of the Fellowship Adventures. Anyone who changes fellowships in any way, either incoming or outgoing, are ineligible for prizes. And (correct me if I'm wrong), ineligible for participation.

* Arendyll, because @Crystalterrie is present only on that server, if ElvenStats can be trusted. Otherwise, choose the appropriate subforum for your needs