• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I am confused as to what the point is of creating more/new badge bottlenecks in FA. I'm not there yet, but I've read enough about the slog of the later chapters from other players. Did someone review the game and thought, "You know what would make this game better? Slowing everything else down even more too. Let's make FA an even slower gaming experience." Because nothing is more appealing and seductive than the act of watching paint dry for a leisure time activity. When they talked about balancing the game, I didn't expect them to balance it so everything feels like the late chapter slog too. You got me there, Inno. Did not see that coming!

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
@crackie
What, you don't want to spend your quality gaming time watching the grass grow in Elvenar? I'm not sure the word balance is defined the same way for them as it is for the people who are not getting paid to play this game.
Heck, I'm not sure about a whole lot of stuff when it comes to the developers of this game. In fact, it does my head in to even think about it.

BrinDarby

@crackie ,
Nothing makes sence around here, certainly not the trajectory
Elvenar has been going down for over 12-16 months.....

Any game where gameplay is basically advancement/maintenience
and not gameplay to the side of those, It then has a built in shelf life.
Not only that, but the most popular games are both interactive and
instant gratification senarios.

This is why Tournaments and Spire are so popular, yet once they
become work or stagnent, that appeal is also lost.

Developers (should) be constantly improving things that go
straight to playability/replayability/ease of use so that they keep
thier playerbase as happy as possible. ( happy ppl spend $$ )
They also should look for ways to add things that give thier
playerbase that instant gratification, and keep them engaged.

Games like this are NOT good vehicles for the nickel/dime
mentality, because all that does is create a death spiral to
the playerbase. As with most good things, that is exactly where
games like this end up, when the originator of the game,
no longer owns/administers it. ( ie- sold to/bought by another company )

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
A new round of Fellowship Adventures starts on October 6th.

275016688_10220608206135729_216641144699381320_n.jpg

Read all about the one that ended recently in Beta here: https://tinyurl.com/2p99np8n
You are welcome to share this file with friends; it does need a special program to open it.

Note that the version that comes to live worlds is not always exactly the same as the one that was tested in Beta server.

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
They have announced the start date of the fellowship adventure 2 1/2 weeks in advance! I can't believe it! This is certainly a record since I began playing in early 2020. Do any of the older players remember getting this kind of advance notice in the earlier days of the game?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Does anyone else have issues getting the Residues? That has been the make or break point for us for many Adventures.
Fed Red Panda has greatly made this more manageable. It’s no longer a bottleneck badge for us.

They have announced the start date of the fellowship adventure 2 1/2 weeks in advance! I can't believe it! This is certainly a record since I began playing in early 2020. Do any of the older players remember getting this kind of advance notice in the earlier days of the game?
When I saw the announcement, my immediate thought was, “Oh no...what are they up to that we get this much advanced notification?”

mucksterme

Oh Wise One

I've been around for five years and I've never seen it. Actually, I don't think we even had FA's when I started.
But I think it is a good thing. Give people a lot of warning to decide their FS status.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Ahm
Maybe the second one? November of 2017 it ran on live. But it ran on Beta (so we took that as one weeks notice), then crashed, and ran a couple/few days later, after they thought they fixed it.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
They are announcing a lot more things in advance recently - and that makes my life much easier, knowing what is coming! For example, in Beta these days Marindor posts the Event Announcement with full details one or two days before, so we can start preparing our event note well in advance, not having a frantic rush on the morning the event starts.
FA's recently always start on the Thursday of the week following the end of an event, so I have been telling everyone my guess is Oct. 6th - but really nice to have it confirmed officially!!
:) :)

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Hmmm...wonder what the requirement for Coins and Bracelets will be...
Bracelets September 2022
Ch. 1 -
Ch. 2 -
Ch. 3 - 520
Ch. 4 - 1830
Ch. 5 - 4.4k
Ch. 6 - 6.8k
Ch. 7 - 9.4k
Ch. 8 - 13k
Ch. 9 - 18k
Ch. 10 - 24k
Ch. 11 - 30k
Ch. 12 - 40k
Ch. 13 - 49 k
Ch. 14 - 58k
Ch. 15 - 67k
Ch. 16 - 72k
Ch. 17 - 77k
Ch. 18 - 87k
Ch. 19 -101k
Ch. 20 - 118k

New Sack of Coins value September 2022
The amounts were decreased, compared to the previous FA in Live Worlds, but increased compared to the last FA in Beta.
These values are about ⅔ of those we saw in the previous FA in the Live Worlds
Ch. 1 -
Ch. 2 -
Ch. 3 - 264k
Ch. 4 - 504k
Ch. 5 - 924k
Ch. 6 - 1344k
Ch. 7 - 1984k
Ch. 8 - 2784k
Ch. 9 - 3696k
Ch. 10 - 4704k
Ch. 11 - 5920k
Ch. 12 - 7296k
Ch. 13 - 8856k
Ch. 14 - 10608k
Ch. 15 - 11856k
Ch. 16 - 13672k
Ch. 17 - 15632K
Ch. 18 - 18608k
Ch. 19 - 24448k
Ch. 20 - 32088k

Deleted User - 849411552

For this FA, I am fortunate to have just finished a chapter, so I have lots of space to deploy lots of little buildings. For the previous FA, I finished the chapter during the course of the FA. What I found was, the game did not adjust my chapter dependent badges - coins, bracelets and guards - to account for me progressing to a new chapter.

My point is, it appears that it is worth delaying the start of a new chapter until after then FA begins. Once the FA begins, then you can begin the new chapter. This allows to craft lots of chapter-upgraded buildings (such as Mana Sawmills) to earn Vision Vapour (Arcane Residue) but not be penalized with more difficult badge requirements.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
What I found was, the game did not adjust my chapter dependent badges - coins, bracelets and guards - to account for me progressing to a new chapter.

It is supposed to and I have had it happen to me. So when you say you finished a chapter during the FA, did you only finish the final research of that chapter or the first research, usually Advanced Scouts, at the start of the next chapter? Because the game does not count you in the new chapter until you finish that first research.

Deleted User - 849411552

I finished the first research, which meant that I was then crafting at the new chapter level - I was definitely in the new chapter. Yes, I was surprised when this happened that it didn't affect the badge requirements. Of course I was monitoring the badge requirements very closely during the last FA because of the huge jump in coin and bracelet targets.

I guess I won't know if it was some kind of one-time bug, or perhaps a chapter related bug (Chapter 14 in this case), until I try this strategy with the upcoming FA. I will post in this thread if it doesn't work out.

BrinDarby

Ch. 3 - 264k
Ch. 4 - 504k
Ch. 5 - 924k
Ch. 6 - 1344k
lets see , MH 680k @ 264k .... 39%
MH 910k @ 924k .... 102%
MH 1200 @ 1344k .... 112%

I'm certainly all for increasing coins a bit......
but please Inno/Devs ... rather than basing it
on CH, base it on MH.....

If I use the same 100% coin rain , I will get drastically
different results, so this becomes very unfair when
different players have such different req's.
None of my MHs are upgraded fully, no need.

Don't even get me started with Bracelets..... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.