• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Something new has appeared on our Tournament Screen in Beta - Trophy Goblets awarded to each player in the Tournament, used to drink Potion from the Magic Cauldron you create in the Magic Academy.
There has been no official announcement.

1a1.jpg

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Something new has appeared on our Tournament Screen in Beta - Trophy Goblets awarded to each player in the Tournament, used to drink Potion from the Magic Cauldron you create in the Magic Academy.
There has been no official announcement.

View attachment 14013
That makes me nervous. It almost looks like maybe the top X players in a FS get more than the others. I really hope I'm wrong and it's purely
"Get X points >>>> Earn Y rewards"
The last thing this game needs is PvP within a fellowship.

Yogi Dave

My uninformed speculation is that it's not a battle between members. It's based on how many points you get in the tourney. So, there would be a threshold for each Trophy Goblet. Thus, it just encourages people to push harder for their own rewards from whatever the Caudron turns out to be.

StarLoad

Speculation is great
My uninformed speculation is that it's not a battle between members. It's based on how many points you get in the tourney. So, there would be a threshold for each Trophy Goblet. Thus, it just encourages people to push harder for their own rewards from whatever the Caudron turns out to be.
Like this.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Maybe, we wait and see what it is first and then analyze it? And no, I have no information on this.
Meh. That's part of the reason I bailed on the Beta forums: zero actual player involvement until everything is already done and they are unwilling to spend more resources to undo whatever they've done.
If they won't float ideas past the community before implementing them they can deal with our wild speculation that will be based entirely on their previous performance. :)

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Meh. That's part of the reason I bailed on the Beta forums: zero actual player involvement until everything is already done and they are unwilling to spend more resources to undo whatever they've done.
If they won't float ideas past the community before implementing them they can deal with our wild speculation that will be based entirely on their previous performance. :)
That is understandable and commendable, but let us try to keep the opinions or speculation as neutral as possible, many see this as more of
a fact-based thread. It mostly is that, however not always.

Yogi Dave

I would think if they have reached the point where a new feature is appearing on-screen in Beta then an announcement should follow shortly.
Sometimes the test is to be sure the graphic works on a larger scale than alpha testing allowed. A larger scale test might show problems with the graphic hooks into other code. It is beta and expected to have bugs. Example: Just a few weeks ago they added part of an upcoming feature which caused some cities on the world map to brown out as the visible part of the problem. It went deeper than the unexpected graphic.

Status
Not open for further replies.