• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Lists in messages

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Since we have new requirements for the upcoming FA, I need to send out messages with lists to Fellowship members. I have never figured out how to send out any kind of table kind of list without spending a ridiculous amount of time editing to make it have any meaning. Is there a way to copy a table into messaging that isn't such a complete and total pain in the back side??

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
The only way I've figured out to do it is using a spreadsheet. It's not pretty and original set-up is a pain. But, it works for some things.
Make sure cells are wide enough to show the longest text that will be used. Type the text and fill the remainder of the cell with period/decimal.
Here's what the sheet looks like:
MessagesTableSheet.png
Here's how it looks in msg:
MessagesTableIngame.png

Lady Dastardly

The only way I've figured out to do it is using a spreadsheet. It's not pretty and original set-up is a pain. But, it works for some things.
Make sure cells are wide enough to show the longest text that will be used. Type the text and fill the remainder of the cell with period/decimal.
Thanks for that! I hadn't thought of using the periods to fix the spacing issue.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
One of the simple answers is to put numbers first, as they are easier to align. If you put the badge description first, you'll be in a fight to the death to get them to line up. i.e., from this post: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index....ay-contain-spoilers.31875/page-15#post-273932

The following is much easier to align with "0" and period. Still not perfect, but far less effort:

All....|..Orng|..Blue.|..Grn..|...Badge
335..|..134..|..068..|..133..|..Dwarven Brewery
151..|..045..|..055..|..055..|..Carpenters Guild
157..|..032..|..071..|..054..|..Farmers Delight

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I wonder if you could just put in a link to a google docs spreadsheet. Would your fs mates click on it?

AJ