• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Discussion The Cauldron - Discussion Thread

Yogi Dave

@Tuschunreal , welcome to the forum. The beta server gets the events, new features, etc. before they are introduced on the live servers. It gives Inno a place to test the changes with real players and sometimes tweak them as bugs are found. It can prevent disasters from hitting all the servers. Anyone can create an account on the beta server and be a Guinea pig for Inno. I can be fun, but also a bit more frustrating than on the live servers. The beta players also share info about how things work with us.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Anyone can create an account on the beta server and be a Guinea pig for Inno. I can be fun, but also a bit more frustrating than on the live servers. The beta players also share info about how things work with us.
At 1 point I was almost ready to start a Beta city. But then I realized that would mean I had to do every fellowship adventure twice: once in beta and once in live worlds a week or 2 after beta. After realizing that, I did not start a beta city. ;)

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
At 1 point I was almost ready to start a Beta city. But then I realized that would mean I had to do every fellowship adventure twice: once in beta and once in live worlds a week or 2 after beta. After realizing that, I did not start a beta city. ;)
Buggy version of fellowship adventure to boot :rolleyes:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Aww what's not to like, you guys, we had the opportunity to be, what's the word I'm looking for, c'mon.....
Wrung out for an extra two days right before Christmas holiday. (I very nearly quit playing on Beta, now I am trying to get someone to take responsibility for the next disaster - no luck yet, I'll keep you posted).

iamthouth

Tetris Master
How many Witch points does a someone who has finished Ch20 get? Is there a formula related to each research, or each research point? Is there a multiplier of sorts?
The research tree that applied when I started in Aug 2018 has 55,207 total KP points required, spread over 638 individual research across the 20 chapters, not including the Cauldron research that will be added tonight.
How many KP points are required for the Cauldron research?

Tuschunreal

@Tuschunreal , welcome to the forum. The beta server gets the events, new features, etc. before they are introduced on the live servers. It gives Inno a place to test the changes with real players and sometimes tweak them as bugs are found. It can prevent disasters from hitting all the servers. Anyone can create an account on the beta server and be a Guinea pig for Inno. I can be fun, but also a bit more frustrating than on the live servers. The beta players also share info about how things work with us.
So do you start a brand new city and grow it or do you transfer a copy of the city you are in on a regular server?

Yogi Dave

So do you start a brand new city and grow it or do you transfer a copy of the city you are in on a regular server?
You create a new account on the beta server for a new city. In the browser, the login page has a little flag at the top which has a dropdown list of servers. Beta is the top one. Click it and you can now create an account there the same way you created one in the US Server.
ServerChoice.png

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
How many Witch points does a someone who has finished Ch20 get? Is there a formula related to each research, or each research point? Is there a multiplier of sorts?

I think it is 1 point for each research in chapter 1, 2 for each in chapter 2 and so on.
Elves and humans don't have the same number of researches in the first 5 chapters though, so I am not sure if they even that out? And I don't know if old/new tech tree has the same amount of researches either?

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@The Fairy thank you. Table below shows the number of research in each chapter (for a Human Aug 2018 starter), and corresponding Witch Point number if all research completed, and incremental points apply as you say. It does seem to match up with some of the amounts in the screenshots, and is consistent with rewarding long term players as they stated in the video. I will confirm later in the week when I receive mine, I have all research completed.

Updated to forward project Ch21 and Ch22 as well given Ch20 does not give you enough Witch Points for 25 ingredients.
ChapterResearch CountWitch PointsCumulative
12020*1=2020
22424*2=4868
32626*3=78146
42323*4=92238
524+1 for Cauldron25*5=120358
63030*6=180538
73131*7=217755
83232*8=2561011
93131*9=2791290
102929*10=2901580
112929*11=3191899
123030*12=3602259
133333*13=4292688
143232*14=4483136
153838*15=5703706
164040*16=6404346
173737*17=6294975
184242*18=7565731
194343*19=8176548
204444*20=8807428
214545*21=9458373
224646*22=10129385

Last edited:

The Fairy

@iamthouth I have 427 as elf with 11 research completed in chapter 6 and the first 5 chapters completed and with the old tech tree. So I think my number is a little off, but it is close.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@The Fairy yes very close, if research is the same as for human per chapter, you'd have 358+11*6=358+66=424. Maybe there is one different research in Chapter 3? I double checked ch3 just now, definitely 26 research for me as human, but as elf perhaps you have 27 which would explain the difference?

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Picture of research location
image_2023-01-10_080852214.png

As a Ch20 player with all research finished, I received 7432 Witch Points, and 5 goblets (I did more than 2000 Tourney points last week). As that is 4 Witch Points more than the table above, I double checked Ch4, but confirming I have 23 research there (and all the other chapters), so @The Fairy 's formula is very close, but there is one unknown minor factor. She had 3 extra points in Ch6, I had 4 in Ch20, so it doesn't seem to be a base start number, but I'm sure we can work it out with some more data points or if someone can read the game files.
1673298612765.png

There are quests added, which are declinable;
1. Buy 3 KP, reward 500 spell fragments.
2. Unlock Cauldron, reward 1000 spell fragments.
3. Use Trophy Goblets, reward 1500 spell fragments.

Last edited:

The Fairy

As a Ch20 player with all research finished, I received 7432 Witch Points, and 5 goblets (I did more than 2000 Tourney points last week). As that is 4 Witch Points more than the table above, I double checked Ch4, but confirming I have 23 research there (and all the other chapters), so @The Fairy 's formula is very close, but there is one unknown minor factor. She had 3 extra points in Ch6, I had 4 in Ch20, so it doesn't seem to be a base start number, but I'm sure we can work it out with some more data points or if someone can read the game files.

I was wondering if it was some way of making elves and humans equal, I think humans have more researches than elves in the first 5 chapters (old tech tree). Actually, my calculations for elves done with all 20 chapters is 7432 witch points.
1673299509612.png

My list for elves with old tech tree:
1673299530665.png

Sodbury

This explanation from the Studying section of the wiki page is ambiguous:
All Effects have 100 improvement levels! When you improve an Effect, its Benefit will be used next week if you can get your Trophy Goblets to activate that Effect again! If you are not successful, fear not, the progress of improvement is not lost, this means that in the following week the Effects will be at the same level as you left them!

Are these improvements permanent? Or do they last only until the improved effect is successfully triggered?

edit:
link to the wiki page: https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=The_Cauldron

SunsetDanar

Success rate for potions is determined by number of "completed" chapters. If this is so, what is the definition of a completed chapter and does it or does it not include optional techs. Success rate is determined by number of ingredients used. I've seen both explanation's in this thread so which is correct? Please add any additional available info in this regard.