• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Poaching of players should be banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marilyn*43

I honestly think that private email solicitation of players that are already in an existing fellowship should not be accepted and any player that does this should be banned. It is not only disruptive to the team but disrespectful and annoying. Specially when it's an Ambassador or Archmage that is doing the soliciting by way of flattery and deception. If a player wishes to leave and look for a different fellowship by their own accord then that should be respected but for someone else knowing that the player is in an active fellowship and still seeking to disrupt that fellowship with such a deceptive and sneaky act should be banned from the game. It takes a lot of hard work and hours of dedication in a fellowship to to become a family and team that is helping each other push forward and grow. So many events that the team prepares for to be able to make a fellowship function properly. No one needs the annoyance of others coming in with deception to disruptive all the hard work the team has put in. Not Acceptable.

Marilyn*43

You think that by letting others come into your fellowship with lies to get your players to leave is ok. Who told you that happy players don't leave. My FS is running just fine it would run better if others would stop poaching players that are already set up and offer those positions to new players and take the time to invest in them instead of looking for the easy route. This is why a lot of players don't bother to play in these apps. They always get smart asses to come in and bother them and when they find out the grass isn't greener on the other side are too stressed to even bother joining a fellowship all together. Have some ethics. If a player is in a fellowship go find someone that isn't is it so hard to have common courtesy or is that too much for a grown person to have

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Ummm... No.
Banning private communication with players outside of your FS is insane in a multiplayer game, and policing those messages for any sort of invitations is impossible.

Often players are mismatched in their fellowships with some players achieving far more than others.
If, for example, someone in a FS is getting thousands of points in the tournament and their FS isn't even getting 10 chests then much of that effort is wasted. Such a player might not be aware that other (much more suitable) FS are looking for a player just like them and so they languish in an under-achieving group and eventually quit the game.

There are only so many dedicated players in the game, having 10 in each fellowship makes no sense when the top rewards are only available to teams of 25. Gathering a group of like-minded players together and keeping them together is the Archmage's (and mage's) job, if they can't do that they should be fair to their members and merge with other fellowships who can. Keeping players from joining a better fellowship (or asking the developers to do that for you) is only self-serving and not what's best for those you call your friends.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I pretty much agree with Soggy (gasp!). You don't even have to be in a "bad" fellowship to move to another. Suppose you wanted to get to the Gold Spire level but were in a fs that was inconsistent with it. You may like that fs but if a Gold Spire fs asks you to join, well, it's not that your current fs isn't a good fit, the other one might be a better fit. There's "good, better and best" here.

Now as for the lies? Well, sadly not much you can do about that. If the one leaving isn't checking out what can be checked out via something like elevenstats.com, then he/she isn't doing their due diligence. One of the things you can look at elvenstats.com for is turnover. A lot of turnover might indicate some problems. But that, too, is due diligence. Sadly, most people don't do that.

AJ

Dew Spinner

Players aren't owed by any fellowship or are they forced to stay. But let that be the players choice. They have the right to leave at any time THEY CHOOSE.!!
That player of in your FS did choose, they chose to go to the other FS. You will never stop this from happening, so you must figure out how to play around it, it's a part of the game. Inno, apparently thinks it's ethical seeing they purposely allow it. It's no different than real life in the job market, people are recruited by other companies all the time.

Marilyn*43

Self serving?!!... what are you talking about. The players come to me to tell me about those stupid emails and what am I supposed to do. Just pretend nothing happened. It takes time to help those struggling players to meet their potential and learn how to grow stronger in their city. How can anyone that has a fellowship and has helped each player feel comfortable to be there just sit back and pretend this type of thing is ok. If you can care less about the player and just be in it for the points then please by all means carry on but, if my FS was so pitiful then why is it a constant target for these types of emails being sent to my top players. You have the email communication access and that is a great thing but, be respectful and use it responsibly. I don't understand why no one is even bothering with the fact that the player isn't even the one looking to leave it's others trying to get them to leave the problem here. I hope that when it happens to you in your fellowship you'll have a better understanding of the situation

FairyInBellbottoms

Shroom Aficionado
You think that by letting others come into your fellowship with lies to get your players to leave is ok. Who told you that happy players don't leave. My FS is running just fine it would run better if others would stop poaching players that are already set up and offer those positions to new players and take the time to invest in them instead of looking for the easy route. This is why a lot of players don't bother to play in these apps. They always get smart asses to come in and bother them and when they find out the grass isn't greener on the other side are too stressed to even bother joining a fellowship all together. Have some ethics. If a player is in a fellowship go find someone that isn't is it so hard to have common courtesy or is that too much for a grown person to have
I'm just curious @Marilyn*43 , how did you find out they were poached? Or is this just an assumption? Please don't misunderstand me. I understand why you have a concern. And, to a point, it has merit. I'm a newbie since December 22. So I'm just learning.

Marilyn*43

I understand how players want to see what's out there and I have seen plenty come and go.. but my point is let it be the players that choose to go.. advertise all you want. But do it on your fellowship page make it feel right for the player in whatever stage they are in. I was one of them. I kept looking until I felt it was better to just start my own fellowship. But, It was my choice..

Marilyn*43

I'm just curious @Marilyn*43 , how did you find out they were poached? Or is this just an assumption? Please don't misunderstand me. I understand why you have a concern. And, to a point, it has merit. I'm a newbie since December 22. So I'm just learning.
My teammates sent me an email to let me know they were constantly being asked to join other fellowship

Marilyn*43

I pretty much agree with Soggy (gasp!). You don't even have to be in a "bad" fellowship to move to another. Suppose you wanted to get to the Gold Spire level but were in a fs that was inconsistent with it. You may like that fs but if a Gold Spire fs asks you to join, well, it's not that your current fs isn't a good fit, the other one might be a better fit. There's "good, better and best" here.

Now as for the lies? Well, sadly not much you can do about that. If the one leaving isn't checking out what can be checked out via something like elevenstats.com, then he/she isn't doing their due diligence. One of the things you can look at elvenstats.com for is turnover. A lot of turnover might indicate some problems. But that, too, is due diligence. Sadly, most people don't do that.

AJ
This I understand and have seen many players come and go but, like you said the player was looking to join a fellowship that they felt was a better fit for them.. I'm not for keeping players I'm for respect the fact that a player is in a fellowship. Leave them alone and advertise as much grander as any wants on your fellowship but, let the player make the choice. And yes, sadly majority don't do their research and end up just not bothering to join any fellowship at all or just not playing anymore

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
, if my FS was so pitiful then why is it a constant target for these types of emails being sent to my top players
Well that's just it... You have some great players, but your FS is... underachieving.
In a "good" FS players get a blueprint worth 300 diamonds every week from the tournament.
Many of your top FS members are doing more than their share of that goal... If they were in a "better" FS.
The spire too- I suspect a few of your members would thrive in a gold spire FS where they are rewarded with hundreds more diamonds every week.

If you're a 5/10 and your girlfriend is a 10/10 you should expect some competition to make moves. Hopefully you have a great personality, and they aren't swayed by looks, money, or success. Or put a ring on it, I dunno.

Last edited:

Marilyn*43

Ummm... No.
Banning private communication with players outside of your FS is insane in a multiplayer game, and policing those messages for any sort of invitations is impossible.

Often players are mismatched in their fellowships with some players achieving far more than others.
If, for example, someone in a FS is getting thousands of points in the tournament and their FS isn't even getting 10 chests then much of that effort is wasted. Such a player might not be aware that other (much more suitable) FS are looking for a player just like them and so they languish in an under-achieving group and eventually quit the game.

There are only so many dedicated players in the game, having 10 in each fellowship makes no sense when the top rewards are only available to teams of 25. Gathering a group of like-minded players together and keeping them together is the Archmage's (and mage's) job, if they can't do that they should be fair to their members and merge with other fellowships who can. Keeping players from joining a better fellowship (or asking the developers to do that for you) is only self-serving and not what's best for those you call your friends.
I'm not trying to get the communication banned.. I'm trying to say that if a player wishes to move to another Fellowship then let it be the players choice. Every fellowship has a spot to give their spill on how great their fellowship is so that players want to join. Do it there. Kill it. Make it desirable for anyone to want to be there but, respect the fact that a player is in a fellowship. Others have made bonds with them too. Is all I'm saying

Marilyn*43

Anyone who feels like they are being harassed can open a support ticket.
Why not just send a recruitment ad to all their members in return? :cool:
Lol. This was a very tempting thing. Trust me. But, I can't tear up a bond in a fellowship where others have a family base orientation just because an Archmage lost their mind. This would break my heart. I've seen players sad because one was offered a spot in another Fellowship and not the other because they are newer or have a smaller city. Then they lose the desire to play.. but.. tempting non the less to send out invites..

Marilyn*43

Well that's just it... You have some great players, but your FS is... underachieving.
In a "good" FS players get a blueprint worth 300 diamonds every week from the tournament.
Many of your top FS members are doing more than their share of that goal... If they were in a "better" FS.
The spire too- I suspect a few of your members would thrive in a gold spire FS where they are rewarded with hundreds more diamonds every week.

If you're a 5/10 and your spouse is a 10/10 you should expect some competition to make moves. Hopefully you have a great personality, and they aren't swayed by looks, money, or success.
He knew what he was getting into in the first place..lol.. We try our best to lift our newer players and make sure they build a bond to make it comfortable for them when an event comes and the other players get aggressive in obtaining the top score. But, you can't force everyone to give it 100% all the time.. and yes... I have a great personality.

Lady Dastardly

The players come to me to tell me about those stupid emails and what am I supposed to do. Just pretend nothing happened.
Um, yeah. Because if they are happy, they will stay. If they are getting all the rewards they want, they will stay. Honestly, most players will even stay in dying fellowships if there are 2 or 3 other active members in it out of a sense of loyalty. In several FS's I've been in, these kinds of solicitations are cause for much mirth and we joke openly about receiving them because they aren't a threat.

I'm trying to say that if a player wishes to move to another Fellowship then let it be the players choice.
You keep saying this, but you seem to be missing the fact that these "poachers" can't kidnap your players out of your FS. The player who leaves is choosing to leave. No one is forcing them change FS's. They have been shown an opportunity and they decide whether or not to take it. They choose. And regardless of how much work you may have put into nurturing them, they don't owe you anything in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.