• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Can we go back in time to when they actually let us finish goals!?

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
so....

Felyndral city:
Active: yes.
# of daily logins: 2-4.
Grabbed event hats: yes.
Finished all quests: yes.
Current number of artifacts: 7. :confused:

any chance of you finishing silver? because that would give you one
then you could get another from the FA and be full

Kadhrin

Not even close. I have 206 on Fely, and silver is 235+.

Harandar is maddening. 229 points, and silver is 233+.

john8611

yeah as of now i am done, i have spent a fair few pounds but never again, the events "produce goods of your choice" isnt working so cant complete quest, random crashes if the screen is minimsed for more than a few minutes, and the freekin spire, when i first started playing i could get past the first few gates without an issue, now with fighters having 3 stars i can barely get to the second gate, seems the more you advance the harder the spire is made, making pointless to even try, sure i can spend assests and fly up the tower but to fight your way, im done

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
yeah as of now i am done, i have spent a fair few pounds but never again, the events "produce goods of your choice" isnt working so cant complete quest, random crashes if the screen is minimsed for more than a few minutes, and the freekin spire, when i first started playing i could get past the first few gates without an issue, now with fighters having 3 stars i can barely get to the second gate, seems the more you advance the harder the spire is made, making pointless to even try, sure i can spend assests and fly up the tower but to fight your way, im done
It says you are in chap 6. It’s still hard to fight Spire that early, mainly in that you will have trouble making back enough troops each week to fight next Spire, even if you succeed in winning all the encounters and have a maxed out Needles cranking out troops. You get a Dwarven Bulwark wonder at the end of 6, which will greatly help with troop production to start covering overnights. Otherwise, you simply won’t have the space needed to build enough armories to lengthen your queue out long enough. I have a chap 6 city that I am still catering the Spire and saving my troops for when I can make enough to fight regularly and my Needles is already at level 20+. Still not making enough troops in time due to wimpy armories.

Fighting Spire will get easier as you acquire more wonders and toys though. My military wonders are high enough in my big city that I can fight Spire without buffs if needed. Generally, people use buffs and Fire Phoenix combo to assist in the multi-waves. I will also say the Spire is actually easier now with the introduction of Vitality Surges, Twilight Phoenix, and other such toys. The stack size has also come down so it is slightly cheaper than it used to be. Don’t give up on the Spire. It’s a good resource for a lot of things.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I remember the events from the first year I was here. I always completed the evolving building and had 2 or 3 artifacts left over for spell fragging. That was normal.

Seems like Inno is cutting out everything that was fun about this game, along with huge numbers of staff (was it 75 out of 400 employees? Something like that). They have added some great features, I admit. Not having to go into cities to give gifts is a great boon. But they tend to throw us one bone while taking two away. I would willingly give up the convenient gifting to go back to the original game of four years ago, with events that made me happy and had great evolving buildings like brown bear, fire phoenix, etc.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I remember the events from the first year I was here. I always completed the evolving building and had 2 or 3 artifacts left over for spell fragging. That was normal.

And dare we mention
This latest evolving building
If you evolve it all the way and
Even if you are an advanced chapter player
Your most likely prize is COINS. #$%^& Stinking COINS.
If you have reached double digit chapters and still have serious coin needs
you are doing something wrong

Darielle

And dare we mention
This latest evolving building
If you evolve it all the way and
Even if you are an advanced chapter player
Your most likely prize is COINS. #$%^& Stinking COINS.
If you have reached double digit chapters and still have serious coin needs
you are doing something wrong
Yep ... I've already disenchanted my evolving building from the Juul's event, and started disenchanting the artifacts as well. I don't really need the spell frags, but they're better than this stupid building.

Yogi Dave

I've already disenchanted my evolving building from the Juul's event,
I never disenchant evolving buildings or set building from inventory. If you do, they will every now and then show in your MA to craft which decrease the chance of a building you want being there.

Moho

Chef
If you answered NO to any of my Qs, than that is your reason, and if you want your artifacts, then either start logging in more often, complete all the quests, or spend some $
The latest event required more than that. Players were supposed to spend time and effort to deal with the merge game skillfully, and some luck in getting additional loot was necessary too. I'm not complaining - just trying to be objective.

I play this game mainly for the events and the Spire, so I don't resonate with the OP at all. Sorry. :)

IMG11.jpg

hvariidh gwendrot

1% chance for pet food with a 24 hour collection cycle, so IF you got it to L10 you stilll will only get 3-5 pet food a year IF you are lucky, that's a hat full of poo for us who would like more pet food, i also think they have reduced players chancces of winning full sets and enough artifacts for a L10 evolve bldg, and made them less worth trying for, and yes we can all "ignore" all this and not do tournaments or spire or events or fa but personally i do it all cause i can lol, 5+years ago when i was new i used forums math but for years i just do it myself and tell the fellowship which for what gets the best results, and i've always said grow your city first then do all the extra t/s/e/fa's to help your city, not build your city to do those and then complain about repetitious clicking of a mouse, i very much still enjoy not having to steal everyones stuff to grow my city as other games do, and the art here is still above board, but it would be really nice to get back to the game REWARDING play vs maKing folks grind for inferior stuff

hoopity

1% chance for pet food with a 24 hour collection cycle, so IF you got it to L10 you stilll will only get 3-5 pet food a year IF you are lucky, that's a hat full of poo for us who would like more pet food, i also think they have reduced players chancces of winning full sets and enough artifacts for a L10 evolve bldg, and made them less worth trying for, and yes we can all "ignore" all this and not do tournaments or spire or events or fa but personally i do it all cause i can lol, 5+years ago when i was new i used forums math but for years i just do it myself and tell the fellowship which for what gets the best results, and i've always said grow your city first then do all the extra t/s/e/fa's to help your city, not build your city to do those and then complain about repetitious clicking of a mouse, i very much still enjoy not having to steal everyones stuff to grow my city as other games do, and the art here is still above board, but it would be really nice to get back to the game REWARDING play vs maKing folks grind for inferior stuff
1% chance of 3 pet food, which means ~11 pet food per year

Yogi Dave

1% chance of 3 pet food, which means ~11 pet food per year
Yeah, almost 1 a month averaged over the entire universe. However, at 1% chance there will be a very wide spread of results. The lucky ones will get a few over 12. The very lucky ones might get 20. That one guy that nobody likes anymore gets 42. Then there are the rest of us smucks sitting with around 9. Let's not forget the 100 who get none, like that little piggy.

hoopity

Yeah, almost 1 a month averaged over the entire universe. However, at 1% chance there will be a very wide spread of results. The lucky ones will get a few over 12. The very lucky ones might get 20. That one guy that nobody likes anymore gets 42. Then there are the rest of us smucks sitting with around 9. Let's not forget the 100 who get none, like that little piggy.
I agree it's too high variance, I'm just correcting hvar's statement

Darielle

I never disenchant evolving buildings or set building from inventory. If you do, they will every now and then show in your MA to craft which decrease the chance of a building you want being there.
Good point; I'll have to remember that for the future. In the meantime, I will disenchant artifacts for event quests.

Toran of Rymfire

I'm the AM for my Fellowship, too, and I'm getting a lot of complaints from my players, as well, who were daily players, but did not get all nine artifacts. The game itself was fun enough, but the prizes need to be re-evaluated. We're talking about digital prizes. It's not like they're taking up warehouse space and incur shipping charges. What's wrong with making it a little easier to get those big prizes? I know the artists and programmers need to get paid, and well-deserved, too, so I'm one of those who does buy diamonds pretty regularly, but I'm also at the point where I wonder if the Event prizes are worth the stress. Same thing with the FA prizes...all that work, planning, and organizing with my Fellows, all to win a library cart, a Ferris wheel, and an artifact? Plus one or two AW KPs. How about adding in a Genie and a dozen sets of soldiers, and enough AW KPs to actually matter?

BrinDarby

Part of the problem here is .... Merge and/or Fog, seem to
be events that aren't as "easy" for many ppl. Whether or not
you feel it takes "skill", fact is ... less ppl are "good" at these
events, thus Silver becomes easier even if due to nerf'n that
less ppl hit 260.

For awhile now seems Inno's plan is to nerf down events so
that a paywall re-emerges, that many players remember and
were happy that went away............. seems its back, even if just
in a modified way. Those of us who weren't here then, like me,
feel we're getting hosed, and well yes & no.

Another side is the fact that the prizes have been steadilly
watered down, or if we are given something usefull... then
Inno changes something else so that anyone who doesnt
have that prize is more effected. Inno seems to be wishy/washy
on proper game balance as new prizes are given out.

I'm not trying to say anything is "good or bad", I am pointing
out what many players have shown to be true. You cannot give
something to a new player that needs it, without giving old
players xtra of something. That xtra builds up giving Inno the
impression "we all" have too much, and the game is (coughs)
"adjusted"..... Another way to not have to "adjust" stuff, is to
water down any potential prizes..... then they are basically useless.

My "impression", is Inno creates systemic situations and then
seems to punish players for thier exsistence. I find this approach
very illogical, even notwistanding more revenue seems logical.