• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

City What if we could frag our leftover guest race goods??

Myne

Oh Wise One
Another option would be an enchantment you could cast on the magic academy. While the enchantment is active, you would get a bonus to spell fragment production from disenchanting items.

I like both those ideas very much.
Me too! Now, who wants to go over to discord and float the suggestion over there?? Edit: I just tried and it wouldn't let me post. Edit 2: I hate that place.

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
And honestly, I think the whole fragging leftover guest race goods should be automatic after you leave the chapter. As it is right now, they fly off into the ether.
It used to be that you could still use leftover guest race goods to make roads, even after selling the portal. So there was some purpose to having leftover goods. However somewhere along the way, the requirement to use guest race goods to improve roads got eliminated. Now all road improvements just cost gold, supplies, or goods. So there is no longer any point to having excess guest race goods.

Spiny

If you use a Teleport Building enchantment, you can teleport any building to your inventory that does not have a limit on how many you can place in your city, which includes many settlement buildings.

The Orc Rally point in particular can then defrag for up to 1050 Spell Fragments with a level 5 magic academy.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Portal profits 5% costs 300 spell fragments to make, but disenchants to 420.......
1706427339538.png
1706427324032.png

but also costs 4 CC's, which is valued at 5000! spell fragments.
1706427370930.png

I do have a decent supply and stack of CC's, so could make the first part work for a while at least, but not long term. 638/4=159.5 rounds, which would result in 420-300=+120 * 159.5=19,140 spell fragments, so would only do one wonder upgrade from lvl 18 to lvl 19.
1706427430884.png

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Portal profits 5% costs 300 spell fragments to make, but disenchants to 420.......
View attachment 16833View attachment 16832
but also costs 4 CC's, which is valued at 5000! spell fragments.
View attachment 16834
I do have a decent supply and stack of CC's, so could make the first part work for a while at least, but not long term. 638/4=159.5 rounds, which would result in 420-300=+120 * 159.5=19,140 spell fragments, so would only do one wonder upgrade from lvl 18 to lvl 19.
View attachment 16835
A better option might be to make Fire Phoenix and Polar Bear. When fully evolved, they will each make a 5% portal profit every 48 hours. And also check to see if you have any unused Trading Stations in inventory. They'll make a 10% PP every 48 hours. Those are worth 800 spell fragments. And then when the Trading Station expires, you get to sell it for 2 Royal Restorations.

BrinDarby

A better option might be to make Fire Phoenix and Polar Bear. When fully evolved,
Be realistic Henroo, if either artifacts are not given from
Spire, just crafting..... how long is that going to take ???
Not to mention the as said by another, 54 BPs and how
many SFs ?

iamthouth

Tetris Master
I've crafted a ch20 Fire Phoenix, but don't have any artifacts for it. Phoenix Artifacts very occasionally come up, at 10,000 Spell Fragments and 3 Blueprints each time, so would need 90,000 spell fragments and 27 blue prints to get to lvl 10.

Last edited:

JackofShadows

One thing I haven't seen mentioned on the various threads about the effects of the change is the cost of upgrading existing buildings when you advance a chapter.

Fire Phoenix takes 16 RRs as do a majority of the evolving event buildings.
Polar Bear takes 9, so does Tinlug and Brown Bear.
Moonstone Library (if complete) takes 24.

When RRs were only used for upgrades, this wasn't horrible. But now.... every time I advance a chapter, my AWs are going to come to a crashing halt while building are upgraded.

Probably not a big deal for people at the tail end of the game - but for me - I'm in Dwarves. It *IS* a big deal.

BrinDarby

while building are upgraded.
Its not just those few, its whole cities.

I'd like to see my city as lean/mean, so small
footprint, I'm CH6, going up 1 chapter will cost
roughly 250-300 RRs, so an ave city might be
350-400 to upgrade all event bldgs 1 chapter.
Most ppl place more land than I do, so can end
up with more need for RRs. Add to that 7-9 BPs
for magic bldgs. ( as cities increase in size, so
will the need for more RRs/BPs each chapter )

I know what will be said..... but Brin you can just
replace those with bldgs from the next event and
save those RRs..... SoggyShorts taught me well in
1 reguard.... try to collect, "best of" bldgs. Usually
they are not so easily replaced. ;)

Pretty sure I read somewhere it was said AWs were
too easily upgraded..... uhhhhh, ok.... then adjust the
current costs, don't then lump them into a different
upgrade cost that was already balanced for what it
was designed to do for other bldgs. Throwing outta
whack that cost structure, duhhhhhh. o_O

Sure we still chattered about upgrading whole cities,
but it was sorta doable as it was. Now its just beyond
Fubar, ... the ripple effects, unintended consequences
as far as the eye can see....

I still don't understand why MTG/Inno had to use spell fragments as part of the new equation.

Anyone with a little foresight can see the ramifications: excessive hardship for all excluding end-gamers with maxed AWs!

If they wanted to increase the difficulty in upgrading AWs, why not increase the number of relics required after level 16 (x 1000?) Relics and AWs were always linked as someone mentioned somewhere. Why change that?

JackofShadows

Yanking the thread back on topic - the reason they won't do that is because of what that one player said - people would park in guest races and just create / defrag guest race goods.

What they could do is add SFs to the quest reward where you sell the portal for the preceding chapter's guest race. 50K for Dwarves, 60K for Fairies, and so on. It's not enough to be overpowering, but it IS enough to be useful.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
When RRs were only used for upgrades, this wasn't horrible.
Nope. It was horrible then too. I play through chapters without portal profits for the most part, which means I move relatively slowly through chapters. I still never have enough RRs to upgrade all the buildings I want to keep, even before the new changes. I’ve even played in 19-chest fellowships that benefit from a few extra RRs a week and it was a slow process. RRs, in my mind, is harder to acquire than even diamonds and they’ve just made it a resource requirement for building wonders.