• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Changes AGAIN??

AussieChick

Fellowship is saying that Inno has decided they made an error in killing AW's with Spell Frags, and intend to change it yet again!!

After I used stuff up I have been collecting for years!
If there is an Inno Staffer checking this Forum, can you please explain what the hell is going on?
What will be done to compensate the people who stayed and tried to go on with the game?
You are going to lose a pile more people if what I think is going to happen actually does!

JayJayP

I was kind of upset when spending $10 on diamonds didn't even buy me one expansion any more. I don't see the point to buying diamonds at that point. (INNO are you listening??? You're potentially losing money!)
I agree with your argument for the return of some of your spell fragments; having spent them on the current costs.
I suggested they should have a way to trade things you accumulate, like relics you don't need, for RRs or CCs or anything else you DO NEED. I think it would add a more interactive and useful way to keep everything relevant in the game.
The latest changes seem like they are biting the hand that feeds them. Had I been on the development team I would have strongly argued against them and sought other means to fulfill whatever objective they thought they were accomplishing.
I was on another game that set me 4 levels back in the name of reconciling some scoring mistake they had made at some point. Needless to say I never paid for anything in that game and months later still have not recovered from their "correction."

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I personally did not frag anything that was not already slated for destruction. I have weathered these kind of changes in the past and waited, as I said at a couple of points , for the other shoe to drop.

Again - my eternal gratitude goes out to the player who hit the Devs in a tender spot by pointing out that they really couldn't afford to use critical effect in Cauldron; cause there's nothing they dislike more than watching a game feature they were proud to develop, fail. Too bad we can't use RRs in the Cauldron.

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
I personally did not frag anything that was not already slated for destruction. I have weathered these kind of changes in the past and waited, as I said at a couple of points , for the other shoe to drop.
Well done!
I regret my weakness. I spent a few diamond to get a 2nd Potion Maker's Pedistal, but I was able to weather the SF storm without disenchanting much - a few very old chapter culture buildings that I would never actually use was as far as it went.

Last edited:

Dhurrin

Again - my eternal gratitude goes out to the player who hit the Devs in a tender spot by pointing out that they really couldn't afford to use critical effect in Cauldron; cause there's nothing they dislike more than watching a game feature they were proud to develop, fail. Too bad we can't use RRs in the Cauldron.
As did I. I fragged some stuff I am swimming in anyway, so no big loss. CCs? No issue there anyway.
But that is a comfy situation not everyone is in. For a lot of players their progress just came to a halt all of a sudden. The suddenness also made it so they lost their trust in the company, especially since Inno already was told over and over and over again when it was introduced on beta that this was a problem.
And even though they have now partially reversed their mistake will not make me actively play the cities I parked anymore. Sorry, that ship has sailed and that means those cities will not spend any money anymore either.

Over the many, many years I have played this game with many cities on many different servers in different countries I have spent quite a lot of money. A lot of small amounts quickly add up! I didn't really mind that, but this last year and especially the change on AWs just was just the last straw. So ALL smaller cities now have the plug pulled; no spending at all there.
And even on my main account I don't plan to spend anything for the foreseeable future. Btw @Inno : the pass for the royal prizes on an event used to be 1.500 diamonds. Steep, but with the diamonds I can win in-game I felt that was still worth it at times if the evolving building was good enough.
Now you upped that to 2.000 diamonds, an increase of 33%! Are you guys out of your minds? Especially after screwing players over with that horrible change in the AWs that was only partially undone, so you figured people would now pay more? Your salesdepartment person who came up with that idea needs to be fired, as this is a sign of insanity. After that huge mistake first, very costly for many players who did stick it out you might want to give them a break, not charge them more.
So you are losing at least my spending of diamonds there too. Not even the fact I can gain some diamonds in-game warrants even the consideration of spending that many.

Myne

Oh Wise One
As did I. I fragged some stuff I am swimming in anyway, so no big loss. CCs? No issue there anyway.
But that is a comfy situation not everyone is in. For a lot of players their progress just came to a halt all of a sudden. The suddenness also made it so they lost their trust in the company, especially since Inno already was told over and over and over again when it was introduced on beta that this was a problem.
And even though they have now partially reversed their mistake will not make me actively play the cities I parked anymore. Sorry, that ship has sailed and that means those cities will not spend any money anymore either.

Over the many, many years I have played this game with many cities on many different servers in different countries I have spent quite a lot of money. A lot of small amounts quickly add up! I didn't really mind that, but this last year and especially the change on AWs just was just the last straw. So ALL smaller cities now have the plug pulled; no spending at all there.
And even on my main account I don't plan to spend anything for the foreseeable future. Btw @Inno : the pass for the royal prizes on an event used to be 1.500 diamonds. Steep, but with the diamonds I can win in-game I felt that was still worth it at times if the evolving building was good enough.
Now you upped that to 2.000 diamonds, an increase of 33%! Are you guys out of your minds? Especially after screwing players over with that horrible change in the AWs that was only partially undone, so you figured people would now pay more? Your salesdepartment person who came up with that idea needs to be fired, as this is a sign of insanity. After that huge mistake first, very costly for many players who did stick it out you might want to give them a break, not charge them more.
So you are losing at least my spending of diamonds there too. Not even the fact I can gain some diamonds in-game warrants even the consideration of spending that many.
My sorrow at only being able to like that comment once is profound.