• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Daily Event Quest Not Displaying

DeletedUser7406

The value of the building is set once you win it. Any and all event buildings do not go up in value as you progress. However, most event buildings will still remain relevant in your city for up to 2 chapters before you may want to replace them with better ones.

I was not aware of this, being new and all. I was under the impression that any items won would continue to 'upgrade themselves' as you progressed. This being the case, the Orc Nest would be a waste of essence for me to attempt to win. As I am only in chapter 3, it will never produce anything but supplies, correct?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
it will never produce anything but supplies, correct?
Right.

the Orc Nest would be a waste of essence for me to attempt to win
They are a very good source of supplies, and cost zero population, compared to a workshop they produce more per square and give culture instead of taking it.

Most of my fellows are going for a mix of Phoenix cults and orc nests.

DeletedUser7406

Right.

They are a very good source of supplies, and cost zero population, compared to a workshop they produce more per square and give culture instead of taking it.

Most of my fellows are going for a mix of Phoenix cults and orc nests.

At my lowly level of chapter 3, I think I'll stick to what I've already won (Tower of Fire, Travelling Merchants 1&2, Burning Egg, Leaf & Sun Codex, Grounds of the Orc Strategist) as a little help for now and just some unique 'eye candy' down the road...they will be useless down the road, but still add a bit to aesthetics - I don't require Borg-like efficiency to enjoy the game, though I am beginning to move toward a much greater focus on boosted goods only.

Still need that Travelling Merchant 3 to complete the set:rolleyes: and the Purple Egg will be nice. I do wish I had tried a few extra shots at and extra GotOS or two, now that I think about it.

At least the push for all the event quests expanded my gameplay and progress.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4778

Why wouldn't you want the Grounds of the Orc Strategist? I'm almost midway in Chapter 4, and I won two of them. It's my understanding that Orcs aren't usually available until Chapter 8. Is that right? Is winning the G of the O S a good thing for lower level people like me, but worthless to people higher up? If so, why? Are the Orcs more advanced later in the game--rendering the ones that come with the G of the O S worthless. Just trying to understand. I'm relatively new to the game.
I don't want it because I'm in Chapter 8 and an elf and prefer the special ability of my Granite Golem compared to the range strikeback of the Orc Strategist. It is useful for players in earlier chapters who don't have access to it but I will be unlocking it this month and, even when I unlock it, I have no use for it. Aside from that, it takes up space and a road which I can put to better use. I sold my Training Grounds and regretted building it in the first place because, again, I could have put that space to better use. It's the same for me with the Grounds of the Orc Strategist.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
One thing it does do for lower levels is give you a chance to try out the orc strategist without placing the training grounds. If you like it, you can always put the grounds down and remove it later. If you don't like the strategist, you might decide not to place the training grounds.