• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hello Hello fellow elvenar players :)

DeletedUser8012

Hey, I am SoftDoge and new to this kind of game!
Hello everyone!

For now I am working on building strong troops to expand my neighborhood :)

There are a few things I am unsure though and maybe you can help me:

Do I have too many residence? Should it be quanti over quali (in form of upgrades) and could you please explain me the combat system? I builded some archers over night but can only use 2 in a fight even though i build 6 :S
What should I focus on at the beginning? Whats the long term goal of this game? It seems like my neighborhood is inactive, will this change in future? Will i get to interact with active players?

Below is a picture of my town, thanks for your help :)

0eea67b4ef202678a21b044b2601ef57.jpg

DeletedUser5521

Heya SoftDoge, welcome to the game and forum! Here's a really good place to find answers to most of the questions you have:

https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-to-elvenar.3966/
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-to-elvenar.3966/
It's tough in the beginning...I've been playing for 2 years, but I just started another little town 3 weeks ago, so I'm right there with you. Battles are really nearly impossible right now, but once you can build your training grounds and train some cerberus it gets a little easier. Those devil dogs will take down cannoneers and mages, and I use them for most everything right now. But that, I'm sure, will change as I progress. As for your town, I would not upgrade ALL those resies because you may want to sell them for space before too long, and it's much harder to sell a higher level building than a low level one, for me, anyway. I would get 10-12 of them to max upgrades and put in some good culture to get more coins from each. Can you build flying boat or spot of whispering trees yet? If you can, those will help you get more coin and supplies when you collect. Good luck and enjoy the game! :)

DeletedUser7465

Make sure to join a fellowship as well - theyre great help for new players.
Mine is Circle of Vuitton - would welcome you to join!

DeletedUser8047

Welcome to the game. I also only recently joined. Don't build any more houses as of now. Focus mainly on building everything else. If you noticed there are helpers located to the center left of the screen when you play. Following their instructions will help you advance much quicker than doing things on your own. The best way to interact with active players it to join a fellowship. Btw, which area of the game are you located?

SuNaya Dark

I'm still new (slow-builder, Chapter II both cities). I see too many new residences. When you get to level 5 (I think) they become 3 wide, 2 deep, and you will QUICKLY run out of space. I'd sell some of the residences and leave yourself room to expand them all to Level 7 (the MAX size you'll get until middle of Chapter 3). I would make certain you can have room for the Training Grounds (where you can train those much-needed Devil Dogs "Hounds"? I'm currently, patiently, building up to 100 units of the before I start new battles. Most of my expansions I've Negotiated, but it keeps my Goods amounts LOW. It's a trade-off I'm experimenting with on these cities.
I wish you all the luck. But I would definitely sell off some the the small residences. You WILL need the space. And sooner than you think.

- SuNaya Dark

SuNaya Dark

And just when I was about to jump in with "AJ's Magical Advice for Elvenar Beginner's" (Fifth Edition, of course) LOL.

AJ

Hahaha. Good one.
Now. This newbie has some questions for AJ.

Dwarven Ship.
Only 1 city has it as a Summons. It has the room, but is it WORTH it? It's kinda huge for my small Chapter II city.

Spot of Whispering Trees.
WHY is it REQUIRED? It takes up so much space. What are the benefits, if any, long term, for solo players like myself?

Twilight Phoenix. How long can I wait before I actually install one? I have it in both cities, and a few Pet Foods.
But I'm wary. It takes until Level 10 of the thing before it's really worth having. I'm thinking I should wait...?

Thanks, AJ.
- SuNaya Dark

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@SuNaya Dark

1&2) The "answer" to both questions is: "depends." The game focuses, especially in the early chapters, on keeping a balance between population, culture, supplies, coins, goods and Knowledge Points. I've found that once you get 10 workshops (for supplies), about 20 residences (for coins), 3 boosted tier 1 goods (your "boosted" tier 1 good is the only one you should build -- and trade for the rest), you can use the rest of the space for culture or population + culture. In general then, if you have the 10 ws, 20 residences and 3 of your boosted tier one goods (the tier one goods are marble, steel, planks) the culture building will fit, you can place it. Everything else, like military armories, you should keep low. 1 armory to satisfy whatever quests ask. 2 if it asks (I think it does at one point). In other words, build only what the quests ask for once you get the Workstations, Residences and Tier 1 boosted buildings in place. Then, again, add as requested/needed.

Now, for practical reasons, unless it is required, always try to accomplish the same thing with the smallest building you can. So 4 1 square buildings providing 61 culture each are better than 1 4 square building producing 175 culture. The smaller buildings take the same amount of room but allow you two things: to use less of them (in our example 3 1 square buildings produce more than the 1 4 square building (2x2 usually). Thus, ou save space or, by adding the 4th 1 square building you get more culture. So whenever you have a large building providing X amount of culture, look in your inventory and see if you can substitute a few small buildings instead. The other advantage is in city layout. A large building cuts down on the many ways you can layout your city while smaller buildings usually produce more and are can be arranged in many more ways.

3) The Twilight Phoenix, at your level and for quite a while, is not a useful building to place. It takes pet food and pet food is one of the scarcest things to get. You have to craft continuously and/or get a bit lucky in other ways to get enough. At your stage, and until at least stage 6, I'd just save up the pet food and leave any pet food requiring buildings in my inventory.

Hope this helps.

AJ

SuNaya Dark

@SuNaya Dark

1&2) The "answer" to both questions is: "depends." The game focuses, especially in the early chapters, on keeping a balance between population, culture, supplies, coins, goods and Knowledge Points. I've found that once you get 10 workshops (for supplies), about 20 residences (for coins), 3 boosted tier 1 goods (your "boosted" tier 1 good is the only one you should build -- and trade for the rest), you can use the rest of the space for culture or population + culture. In general then, if you have the 10 ws, 20 residences and 3 of your boosted tier one goods (the tier one goods are marble, steel, planks) the culture building will fit, you can place it. Everything else, like military armories, you should keep low. 1 armory to satisfy whatever quests ask. 2 if it asks (I think it does at one point). In other words, build only what the quests ask for once you get the Workstations, Residences and Tier 1 boosted buildings in place. Then, again, add as requested/needed.

Now, for practical reasons, unless it is required, always try to accomplish the same thing with the smallest building you can. So 4 1 square buildings providing 61 culture each are better than 1 4 square building producing 175 culture. The smaller buildings take the same amount of room but allow you two things: to use less of them (in our example 3 1 square buildings produce more than the 1 4 square building (2x2 usually). Thus, ou save space or, by adding the 4th 1 square building you get more culture. So whenever you have a large building providing X amount of culture, look in your inventory and see if you can substitute a few small buildings instead. The other advantage is in city layout. A large building cuts down on the many ways you can layout your city while smaller buildings usually produce more and are can be arranged in many more ways.

3) The Twilight Phoenix, at your level and for quite a while, is not a useful building to place. It takes pet food and pet food is one of the scarcest things to get. You have to craft continuously and/or get a bit lucky in other ways to get enough. At your stage, and until at least stage 6, I'd just save up the pet food and leave any pet food requiring buildings in my inventory.

Hope this helps.

AJ

Awesome infodump, AJ. Thank you!
I had already decided to not place the Phoenix until Chapter 3. Now I'll be waiting much longer.
I'm currently working on replacing low-culture 1 square buildings with higher culture 1 squares.
It's the expansions I'm not getting fast enough that are annoying me.
I'm not yet ready to sell off any non-boosted manufactories. I need those supplies for upgrades to things (such as my Planks factories, the only currently boosted item I produce. I'm getting close to my second one in one city, but the other city has something I can't build until Ch 3).

Thank you again. I really appreciate the help.
- SuNaya Dark

Moho

Chef
I'm not yet ready to sell off any non-boosted manufactories. I need those supplies for upgrades to things (such as my Planks factories, the only currently boosted item I produce. I'm getting close to my second one in one city, but the other city has something I can't build until Ch 3).
This decision will slow the development of your city, including in terms of obtaining new expansions. If I were you I would join a fellowship that earns 10 chests per Tournament and focus solely on upgrading my boosted manufacturies. Fellowhip members will help you with the rest of the goods, through trades. You won't believe how fast your city will advance.

I've done this in three different cities. They perform well in the Tournament and the Spire and the rewards are fantastic. Be prepared to cater and fight. I do both depending on the situation. For me, time is the most important resource. Thus I usually cater the Tournament and fight the Spire, fast and furious (i.e. as fast as possible).

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
This decision will slow the development of your city, including in terms of obtaining new expansions. If I were you I would join a fellowship that earns 10 chests per Tournament and focus solely on upgrading my boosted manufacturies. Fellowhip members will help you with the rest of the goods, through trades. You won't believe how fast your city will advance.

I've done this in three different cities. They perform well in the Tournament and the Spire and the rewards are fantastic. Be prepared to cater and fight. I do both depending on the situation. For me, time is the most important resource. Thus I usually cater the Tournament and fight the Spire, fast and furious (i.e. as fast as possible).

I agree with Moho. You need to dump the nonboosted factories asap. SuNaya, to free up not only room, but population and culture (to help with your supplies.)

Join a fellowship that is either in great need of your boosts or else has so many high level players that they'll be willing to help you out even if they don't need the goods. First look in game at the assortment of fellowships which are recruiting. Look through a few of their overviews. Then check out elvenstats.com to see if they're a good fit. If you keep the nonboosted factories, you'll really hurt yourself because you're putting supplies and population and a whole lot of effort in for very little gain. Build more boosteds in the space you have now for nonboosts, and then get in a fellowship that will really take your trades and you'll see how fast you go.

SuNaya Dark

Thank you, Moho and Darielle -
I appreciate the advice.
As I'm still only Chapter 2, I'll take it under advisement.
I can see the wisdom of it (I really can), but I'm not quite ready to join a Fellowship.
Although, there is one that really wants me, so I'm contemplating.

Thank you again.
(I promise I'm not dismissing anyone's advise. I like this game. So I'm thinking it through.)
- SuNaya Dark

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I appreciate the advice.
I can see the wisdom of it (I really can), but I'm not quite ready to join a Fellowship.

Thank you again.
(I promise I'm not dismissing anyone's advise. I like this game. So I'm thinking it through.)
- SuNaya Dark
When you do end up being ready to join one, if it's the right one for you you will end up so happy at how much quicker you can progress to get those expansions quicker. :)

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I appreciate the advice.

Thank you again.
- SuNaya Dark
No worries ... you do what's best for you. That's the beauty of Elvenar. We can all play the way we choose; there is no "one size fits all."

When I first started, I got into the first fellowship I found and it wasn't the perfect fit, but I felt too guilty to leave (they had been "kind enough" to accept a newbie ... how could I leave them? I felt like an ingrate!) But as I gained experience, I realized that there are so many kinds of fellowships and so many ways to play that unless you are free, without guilt, to try new ones, you'll never find the perfect fit. So I hope you don't make the mistake I did, and stay too long out of guilt. There are always good people willing (and eager) to accept you. Accepting an invitation is not a jail sentence, it's an enjoyable vacation to check out a location. Sometimes you find the place you'd like to live; sometimes you don't. But don't stop vacationing, if that makes sense. :)

SuNaya Dark

@SuNaya Dark
Many players are happy to play solo forever. A lot of people also like to keep their nonboosted manufacturies too.
As said above, there are so many different ways to build your city. Take your time and find your own style. :)
I will be reducing the amount of unboosted manufactories I have, soon, and Upgrading the ones I'm keeping.
"I've invested too much into them to give up on them this early", if that makes sense. But I'm learning.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I will be reducing the amount of unboosted manufactories I have, soon, and Upgrading the ones I'm keeping.
"I've invested too much into them to give up on them this early", if that makes sense. But I'm learning.
It makes sense! I feel that! When I was early on and started realizing some things and ran into certain situations etc. I waited before letting go bc I put so much work into it! Once you get to start the spire you can sometimes win what is called a teleport. When using one it takes something of your choice from your city and stores it into your inventory so you do not lose it and can use it again later if wanted back in city. That way you don't have to go through the pain of selling it.