• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournaments and Blueprints

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I was also shocked to discover that when I build a building using coin and supplies, it costs more coin and supplies to upgrade that building. Why don't they warn us of that up front?

edeba

Interesting, somehow I knew/expected to have to pay for upgrades. I started with 2 magic buildings, with the idea that I wanted to know what they would cost to upgrade. They are so enormously beneficial, I didn't find the upgrade costs that bad, although upgrade costs does limit how many I actually consider owning.

Yes...I did not know when I purchased my magical workshops and gazillion magical residences that I would not be able to upgrade them in a "normal' fashion...that it would cost blueprints or big diamond expenditures! What a SHOCK when I went to upgrade the first of those magical residences. I really believe that Inno has an obligation to tell the user up front...in big warning font, what the cost will be to upgrade these buildings BEFORE the user pushes the button to buy one of these buildings. You can be sure I am very sorry I bought all those magical buildings!!!!

Salator

Interesting, somehow I knew/expected to have to pay for upgrades. I started with 2 magic buildings, with the idea that I wanted to know what they would cost to upgrade. They are so enormously beneficial, I didn't find the upgrade costs that bad, although upgrade costs does limit how many I actually consider owning.
Just so there is no confusion about my understanding....I did expect it to cost something to upgrade...but I had no inkling that it would cost blueprints that are difficult to come by or a huge amount of diamonds. I guess I expected to have to pay a heavier amount of supplies and coins than a normal residence or workshop....so, it was a huge surprise to me.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Salator you should have been here for the first few months after they came out, when upgrading cost the same as just buying a new one, and blueprints hadn't been invented yet.

DeletedUser3507

I sure do with 26 magic residences and 10 magic workshops...
Luckily there are no upgrades "yet"...
As I am real close to finishing before next guest race is released....

edeba

I thought it was 320 diamonds to upgrade, and when I purchased it was 1400. I just worked it out, for when I purchased that's about 23% of the original price. I think that's way better then watching it become worthless or buy a replacement. It takes a couple months to get through a chapter.

So, I see 36 magic buildings mentioned in the post above, and upgrading that many does seem that it will cost a bit and you need 36 weeks to earn enough blueprints if your fellowship goes all out each week...

Just so there is no confusion about my understanding....I did expect it to cost something to upgrade...but I had no inkling that it would cost blueprints that are difficult to come by or a huge amount of diamonds. I guess I expected to have to pay a heavier amount of supplies and coins than a normal residence or workshop....so, it was a huge surprise to me.

DeletedUser3507

No way, cost in troops and catering limit s us to 1 every two months, I would like to see a FS do better than that...

Screenshot_25.png

DeletedUser3507

I do, but we as a FS have been decimated and have decided to go at it slower.

Deleted User - 1178646

On the dutch server we get blueprints every week. (btw I wonder why our rewards differ we got 9)
upload_2017-4-30_17-57-25.png

Last tournament was out best with +-54711 points (from my head)
Our noob guild(23 players, all player at chapter 1-5) is now able to get to halfway chest 10
upload_2017-4-30_17-56-25.png

Let me explain how we got to this result.

When the tournaments got announced we started to actively recruit active players .
When the new 40k tournaments arrived we got the chest but came to the conclusion that the strain from "not so tournament active players" was too high to continue (we missed the blueprint in the second 40k tournament for example and barely made it on the 3rd)

Instead of kicking those players (it's not there fault the tournaments were introduced), we finally decided to a different solution.
we opened up a new guild to which we transferred all the real tournament players and players that promised to get a minimum of 800 points a week.

the original guild became a sister guild of the new one, and went back to the original standard (enjoy the game twice a week NH minimum)
The new guild got a new rule, real active participation in the tournaments(minimum 800 points, preferred 1600+).

With the old guild we set up an exchange program, when players in the main guild go on a holiday trip for example he/she transfer to the "old" guild and a player from there can takes it's place untill the player returns from his/her holiday)
This way less active players still have a way to aquire blueprints.

Since the change the old guild with the help of a few of our secondary accounts has been able to get 7-8 chest weekly, and is now full again with new recruits enjoying the game.

The new guild keeps getting the 10th chest on friday and last week almost on thursday already. many players scale back there activity at the 5th and/or6th round because we already got it.

As for the noob guild, +- chapter 4 accounts have it ridiculous easy to simply negotiate(with a bit of autocombat) themselves to very good scores. espcially if the skip the non madatory squad researches.

8 provinced 5 rounds, is for every player that has 8 tournament provinces unlocked (1680 points) not hard to get with a combination of autocombat and negotiation assuming a city setup to facilitate it (enough goods production, hammers from quests if needed)

but you must transform your guild to one with players that ALL participate in the tournaments with at least 800 points, once you do, those 10 chests are easy to aquire. as long as there is a handfull of players not participating (or with 100 or less points) the strain on the others players is simply becomming to big to compensate every week.

Deleted User - 1178646

since the 40k change we only missed the second 40k tournament, and since the guild split after the 3rd 40k tournament, we went from barely making it to easily making it.

We lost the first 3 weeks of our datalog since we started recording it.
upload_2017-5-1_1-33-40.png

You can clearly see the change in format from 400k to 40k tournament points at week 11(overly exited), our failure in week 12 and our struggle in week 13.
After the guild split, you see that from week 14 onwards we had a cakewalk getting the 10th chest

to answer it more quick, we got 6 blueprints so far.

DeletedUser3507

Since the new change that bases your opposition on your squad size, we will see what happens next ...

Higher ranked player FS may be at a disadvantage..

SoggyShorts

Higher ranked player FS may be at a disadvantage..
I suppose it would depend where the ranking points come from. If you have a high rank because you have a massive amount of factories, or if you have a massive military complex then it should help you. If your rank comes from other buildings, not so much.

Deleted User - 1178646

there are some mayor defeciencies in the current tournament system that makes it very easy for chapter 4 accounts to get insane amount of tournament points for very little effort.

SoggyShorts

there are some mayor defeciencies in the current tournament system that makes it very easy for chapter 4 accounts to get insane amount of tournament points for very little effort.
That sounds about right, the last 2 tournaments I gave our little guys goods, and they were able to max out with much less than I expected.