• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.28

DeletedUser7370

Yes they give you some Treants but as you said once they are gone you are screwed until you get the Treant research at the end of Ch2 . If you aren't totally disenchanted with the battle system by then and have the available resources you might build some (although it will take some time to build sufficient number) and try again. But I fear that many are like me and have abandoned that part of the game by then. If you have given up on battle because of this issue in the early part of the game try again later on (late chapter 3 to early chapter 4) and you may find some success.

I think it would serve everyone better (the players & INNO) if something more than a few starter Treants were used as a solution. Change the opposing troops to balance against what the player can build or switch the Treants with the Training Grounds and Cerburus tech. You really don't need a new building and another light melee unit at this point. You need the heavy melee unit to balance out battles.
I would actually like to see the whole research system be much more sandbox style. Let players decide which direction they need to research next with only minimal milestone requirements. Keep the province requirement for each level of Advanced Scouts, but most other things should be any 1 of a list of other researches unlocks the new level for this category with the prior level of that specific thing being required. What I mean by that is Superior D manufactory requires Advanced D manufactory has been researched and Superior D, E, and F manufactories would require one of Superior Main Hall, Advanced Scouts 3, or Advanced Barracks; whereas Superior G, H, and I manufactories would have a different list of other requirements but G, H, and I manufactories at any level would never depend on A, B, C, D, E, or F manufactory researches. Another example would be unit promotions require the previous level for that unit and a specific level of the appropriate building, so a player might skip the training grounds and all associated units without it effecting the ability to research all the barracks units to maximum or could choose to never promote sword dancers without it affecting progression of treants. Things like City Expansion ## and Squad Size ## should only depend on having researched the previous number, they should have a small progression on KP costs, and have a sensible progression on the goods, supplies, and coins costs; those cost progressions would be enough to restrict how far a player might be able to run ahead with expansions. Nearly all the research dependencies could be eliminated and control could still be retained through the costs of goods, supplies, and coins; for example Advanced Scouts could have all research requirements beyond the previous level removed and players would still have to develop a large amount of city infrastructure to complete the provinces required for each level.

If it was changed that way then we might see some unique cities instead of everything being mostly the same with how it is arranged as the only major difference. Of course it would be an entirely different game.

With the current system province battles seem to require switching to negotiating after a little bit and continuing until unit promotions are in. Tournament battles are best done with fighting for the first few provinces because the costs for catering are not scaled in the same was as the battle costs. However the first province can be very bad for fighting because of the treant, golem, etc. unit size. If your tournament squad size is 9 and the battle calls for those large units you lose half your squad on the limit and that almost guarantees loss of the battles.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Okay - question to the seasoned players out there. What is the definition of the "goldilocks zone"?

Part of the issue is there is no definition that really works other than, "If the enemy squad size is greater than yours then stop scouting". This however does not tell you how far you can go beyond the minimum and it completely varies by chapter. For chapter 1 for example it is 10 (same as minimum) for chapter 2 it is more like minus x. For later chapters the room for movement increases a lot, I know of a person who is 100 provinces beyond the minimum and winning combat.

One thing that hasn't changed between the old and new system is the zone to be in for fighting isn't fixed, defined or obvious other than if you start losing fights you need to have patience in scouting so your techs can catch up. This is far more painful at the start when space is a premium, for later chapters space is far less critical than many make out unless one wants a high rank.

DeletedUser3312

This is far more painful at the start when space is a premium, for later chapters space is far less critical than many make out unless one wants a high rank.

I don't understand the need to race and fight for a higher rank than everyone else. Too stressful and expensive by far! smiles

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6857

Whatever happened to this release? It was skipped saying it would be delayed and then they went to 1.29 with none of the promised fixes from1.28. What gives Inno?

YarL

• In some circumstances it was possible that the Broken Shards counter exceeded its maximum, which has been corrected
Meaning, we can't store extra shards? Any resolution to having 30+ relics for an AW that I can store but don't need/can't use to generate shards?

You probably figured this out but I think you are a bit mixed up on the definitions of relics, rune shards, runes, and broken shards.

DeletedUser6857

You probably figured this out but I think you are a bit mixed up on the definitions of relics, rune shards, runes, and broken shards.

I don't think they are. Consider this. You have an AW that you don't intend to build or at least not anytime soon. You have filed the 9 runes and now have 36 runes just sitting there that you can't use. Why not be allowed to break them and use the broken shards to fill spots on another AW?

DeletedUser3297

I don't think they are. Consider this. You have an AW that you don't intend to build or at least not anytime soon. You have filed the 9 runes and now have 36 runes just sitting there that you can't use. Why not be allowed to break them and use the broken shards to fill spots on another AW?

You can break the rune shards for wonder you never intend to have, but you have to build it. Once you do, you can sell it immediately and all of your unused rune shards will be available to place in the wheel again. Only this time you are hoping to break as many as you can. Once you get 10 broken shards, exit that wonder and use those 10 broken shards to forge a rune for the wonder you want.

For me, there are wonders I want to build, but for various reasons do not want to build them now. For those wonders, I never forge the last rune. That way I can continue breaking shards on unfinished rune circles to complete other rune circles.

DeletedUser6857

Whatever happened to this release? It was skipped saying it would be delayed and then they went to 1.29 & 1.30 with none of the promised fixes from1.28. What gives Inno? Can someone answer please?