• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A good balance for goods

Ciarda

I was wondering is thought to be a good balance for goods. I kind of feel like I'm now at the point that I have too much going on. I'm having a problem with space and population with all of my factories too.
I am playing Elves. I'm at the Dwarven Guest Race near the end (working on researching the streets but having to wait on copper takes forever it seems).

I mostly cater provinces.
I do try to have a good amount of goods for trading with my fellowship to help out.
Here is what I have.
Marble (64000)
4 @lvl 16, 1 @ lvl 15, 2 @ lvl 13 and 1 @ lvl 12 (I'm thinking of cutting back to just 6 @ lvl 16 and higher)
Crystal (57000)
3 @ lvl 11. 1 @ lvl 10 and 2 @ lvl 9 (thinking of selling at least 1 while I upgrade the others)
Elixir (95000)
2 @ lvl 9 and 2 @ lvl 8.

Workshops
3 @ lvl 15, 1 @ lvl 14, 4 @ lvl 13 and 2 @ lvl 8 that are mostly just used to produce toolboxes at all times for when they are needed for a quest.

Houses
I have 27 houses maxed out at lvl 17 until I finish dwarves, with 5 other houses that I'm working on upgrading because I keep running out of population.

At what point do you start deleting some of your factories when you upgrade others? Or do you? I can't expand any right now to add more houses since I can't really clear anymore provinces since I'm way over what I need for the next ch as it is (158/130) But I don't have enough extra population to be able to upgrade my Main Hall either or any more marble.

Thanks for any help.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
A lot depends on your strategy and approach. Things like:
  • Do you combat or negotiate provinces?
  • Do you participate in tournaments and cater? How much?
  • Space from diamonds
  • Space from scouting beyond minimum province numbers
  • Number and level of wonders
A good thread to look at regarding others approach is.
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/how-much-factory-space-do-you-have.5288/

A good balanced starting point that you can tweak and modify to suit you is to work with 40 squares of space for each factory tier and 8 workshops. If you are keen on tournaments then 50-60 squares of tier 1 and 2 goods and 40 squares of tier 3 will better enable you to cater more. Similar around 10 workshops for more troop production.

In your case you have:
Tier 1 - 58 squares
Tier 2 - 63 squares
Tier 3 - 72 squares

10 workshops at various levels

Interestingly if you work on squares of space this does not need to change as you go through the chapters. It only changes if your style/approach changes, like catering more tournaments.

Your tier 3 factory space is a lot and it will be hurting you in the supplies and population area. I would not be surprised if you scaled that back if you found you could keep the tier 1 & 2 space and max out the factories for that space and your workshops with much less pressure on your houses. Depending on your combat approach you might even find 8 or 9 workshops handles the change in factories which will further help you with enough population.

Ciarda

A lot depends on your strategy and approach. Things like:
  • Do you combat or negotiate provinces?
  • Do you participate in tournaments and cater? How much?
  • Space from diamonds
  • Space from scouting beyond minimum province numbers
  • Number and level of wonders
A good balanced starting point that you can tweak and modify to suit you is to work with 40 squares of space for each factory tier and 8 workshops. If you are keen on tournaments then 50-60 squares of tier 1 and 2 goods and 40 squares of tier 3 will better enable you to cater more. Similar around 10 workshops for more troop production.

Your tier 3 factory space is a lot and it will be hurting you in the supplies and population area. I would not be surprised if you scaled that back if you found you could keep the tier 1 & 2 space and max out the factories for that space and your workshops with much less pressure on your houses. Depending on your combat approach you might even find 8 or 9 workshops handles the change in factories which will further help you with enough population.

Thanks so much. This is kinda what I was thinking too (selling off some T3 and seeing how it goes).

I usually just negotiate my provinces and I do participate in the tournaments and cater them at least a few and if it's in my boost I do a lot more.
No I have not used diamonds yet. I'm not sure I ever will since the last time I spent money on a few game they stopped working on it and I lost a lot. Not going to chance that again :D
Yes I have scouted beyond what is required (158/130) so I'm trying not to do any for a while.
I only have 2 AW's (GA and EE) since I don't really have the space for them and I built those before I really understood AW's. I'm trying to figure out which ones I really want/need for my style of play now. I don't really fight much so I want to leave those that help with that for later.

Again, thanks for your help. lol I didn't want to delete all my hard work if it was not what I should really do.

Cia

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The GA and EE will pay for the space they take, if not now in time. The changes to wonder make them more beneficial for later in the game, like where you are and on. It helps to get some levels in them by the time you reach halflings as they will help you there (any wonder level).

@SoggyShorts does a lot of catering in tournaments so he will be able to give you a perspective and indication of how much he caters. I have a town that has been negotiating/catering with around a 60/60/40 setup and 8 (might be 9) workshops. I normally chase runes in tournaments in the first 6 provinces on that town.

If your not using combat you can also save space by deleting armories if you have any and rebuild them at the end of fairies/start of orcs. If you dabble in combat for tournaments then hang on to them. Even simple combat in tournaments can save you thousands of goods.

Ciarda

The GA and EE will pay for the space they take, if not now in time. The changes to wonder make them more beneficial for later in the game, like where you are and on. It helps to get some levels in them by the time you reach halflings as they will help you there (any wonder level).

@SoggyShorts does a lot of catering in tournaments so he will be able to give you a perspective and indication of how much he caters. I have a town that has been negotiating/catering with around a 60/60/40 setup and 8 (might be 9) workshops. I normally chase runes in tournaments in the first 6 provinces on that town.

If your not using combat you can also save space by deleting armories if you have any and rebuild them at the end of fairies/start of orcs. If you dabble in combat for tournaments then hang on to them. Even simple combat in tournaments can save you thousands of goods.

I only have 1 armory at lvl 15 because I figured 1 would be good. I do do some light fighting in the tournaments but pretty much no other time since I'm way out numbered.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I have no problem catering 8 provinces to 5 stars every week. I have however skipped most of the squad size upgrades that aren't mandatory, so that might make a difference.
From chapters 1-8 I had
5-6 T1
3 T2
2 T1
In chapter 9 I went down to 4 T1, and added a T3. Doing it over again on Beta, I'm dropping the T1 and adding a T3 in chapter 8 instead.

My numbers for squares are more like 80/60/60 in chapter 8 now, but I could probably drop another t1 and go 60/60/60.

I kinda like having a million of each T1, and a couple hundred K of everything else though-- it lets me clear my FS trader whenever I log in, and help my FS by giving stuff away (via 4:1 trades)

DeletedUser3507

Wait to they become mandatory...:rolleyes:
Inno will be doing that next...

DeletedUser3507

You may end up having to go back and research all those squad size upgrades, Inno did alot of additions that blocked the things you were working to you went back to research them when I was in chapters 6-8...

SoggyShorts

You may end up having to go back and research all those squad size upgrades, Inno did that alot when I was in chapters 6-8...
Ahhh that would be interesting. I wouldn't choose it, but if I suddenly had to grab all of those techs I'd drop some factories and get more armories to make the switch to a fighting city rather than negotiating. If I ever reach the end of the tech tree I might just do that anyways.

DeletedUser3507

Been there did that,,,:cool:
@SoggyShorts come on you need alot more factories.....:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3507

@SoggyShorts did you look at the method that they use for divine seed production lol mh lvl x number of provinces. Now there benifits to abandoning the GZ,,,,:cool:

SoggyShorts

@SoggyShorts did you look at the method that they use for divine seed production lol mh lvl x number of provinces. Now there benifits to abandoning the GZ,,,,:cool:
Yep. I was scouting regularly because I needed more provinces to open the next chapter when the wonder changes happened, and was about to slow down the day Halflings was announced. After I saw that seeds are province based, I built an Enars wonder and haven't stopped scouting since (and probably never will)

Last edited:

Ciarda

Thanks for the help. I think it's running a little better and I had a little more space/population which is what I was looking for. I ended up going with...

Marble - 6 @ lvl 16 (60 sqs)
Crystal - 4 @ lvl 11 + 1 @ lvl 9 (57 sqs)
Elixir - 2 @ lvl 9 and 1 @ lvl 8 (56 sqs)

Workshops
4 @ lvl 15
4 @ lvl 13
2 @ lvl 8 (set for toolboxes only for events and quests unless I have a need)

I now have 1000+ extra population waiting for when I need them since is really nice since I still can't upgrade my housing and I was able to fix in some culture which I really needed. I also have room to keep upgrading which is nice.

Thanks again!
Cia

DeletedUser3507

10 magic 11 workshops
6 lvl 23 planks
6 lvl 23 scrolls
7 lvl 19 magic dust

but realize I bought my 32 premium expansions back when they were 2k diamonds
I run at 215%

And made this city to push the map to it breaks.... currently at 120 provInces past requirements....
+ 161 k culture overflow..