• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Should the Tooltips for Cultural Buildings show the amount instead of just "twice the Culture"?

• Total voters

DeletedUser

A suggestion for improving the Tooltip shown when giving Neighborly Help...

Currently, when you hover over a Cultural Building when giving Neighborly Help, the only thing you see is either the Building Label and lvl 0 (building has already been clicked) or "For 8:00 this building gives twice the Culture". If the tooltip showed the AMOUNT of culture given for that 8 hours, I think newer players and those who are more casual player may find this useful. Heck, even long time players may find this useful.

Yes, I know that information is available in the Wiki. But, human nature being what it is (and language barriers)... many players do not ever look at the Wiki, or care to have to (or have time to with busy IRL stuff going on) jump back and forth from the game to the Wiki to see what gives the best help. I do so, when I am in a far advanced city, and I am not sure which building gives the most Culture to the player I am helping. But, many don't. I have seen many Fellows in chat say "I didn't know the different Cultural buildings gave different amounts of Culture when I clicked it. I thought they all gave the same... double the Culture you had.". I think many see "twice the Culture" and assume it means it simply doubles the Culture that player has available for 8 hours, and it is stackable.

Having the amount of Culture that building provides to whomever you are giving Neighborly Help to may ease some confusion, and additionally make learning them more efficient for some players. Not everyone learns in the same way. Human brains are wired differently from person to person. I don't see this as being a difficult change to this aspect of the UI for the developers to implement.

DeletedUser

I certainly hope the developers listen to you. So far, they seem to have ignored my identical suggestion from a couple months ago. I agree with you, this would be very helpful to all players, and should be quite easy to implement.

Sorry mate. I searched the threads and didn't see your suggestion. So many pages of apparently ignores d suggestions. If I had seen it I would have been all over it with mass positivity! :)

Honestly, it's such a simple concept and addition to the UI, that would make things easier and more enjoyable for so many IMO. Especially now with a new world and new players coming in. The concept of enjoyment factor and smooth gaming seems a bit lost on Inno in this game. o_O

DeletedUser

RezaGard, please don't apologize. You didn't offend me at all. I wasn't trying to claim first right to the idea or anything. I was only trying to point out that Inno doesn't seem to be listening to many of our ideas. I fully support your idea. If enough of us bring it up, maybe they'll listen! :)

DeletedUser

RezaGard, please don't apologize. You didn't offend me at all. I wasn't trying to claim first right to the idea or anything. I was only trying to point out that Inno doesn't seem to be listening to many of our ideas. I fully support your idea. If enough of us bring it up, maybe they'll listen! :)
I knew that Friend. I hope, but don't hold my breath waiting for Inno to pay attention. The Beta Forums have been enough proof of Inno ignoring feedback from players... :(

DeletedUser10011

This would be AMAZING and so very helpful to be able to mouse over the top of a culture buildings and SEE how many points it gives to the recipient when I click it!

With the introduction of all the various event prizes, I can no longer memorize which buildings give the highest points--especially when they vary based on the level of the player. Some of them could be higher or lower than the standard culture buildings we construct and there's just too many to even be able to track, anymore!

Just my two-cents. Obviously, not all great ideas are integrated into the game, but one can hope! ;)

Been playing since June 2015 and just returned from a break of several months. Amazed at the many changes that have taken place in my absence!