• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Designing Your City

DeletedUser10014

There are a few things I can suggest.

1. Have "storage", so that if you've purchased something but no longer want it in your city, but don't necessarily want to sell it, you can move it into storage for future use.

2. Have the ability to move things off your "grid" so you can re-arrange your city. This is next to impossible as some of the items are so big you can't move them within the parcels of land that you own. To be fair, this feature should only be able to be used WHILE you are re-arranging, and not storage. Let's face it, land is not easy to come by and with each purchase it gets more expensive. I don't plan on purchasing any more until the price comes down and the parcels get bigger and more realistic to the things you have to put on them in order to grow.

3. The ability to rotate your buildings. Again, land is expensive and as the cost increases each time you purchase it, the parcel dimensions do not. I don't mind spending money now and again to play, but I have to be honest, you guys are pretty greedy and I've put a halt on spending until some things change.

DeletedUser10014

I'm so terribly sorry. I'm new to the forum and thought I'd add my 2 cents. I have to wonder which one of us wasted more time.....me writing it or you searching the many, many, many threads and posting this in an effort to show me up. Thank you. Have a nice day!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm so terribly sorry. I'm new to the forum and thought I'd add my 2 cents. I have to wonder which one of us wasted more time.....me writing it or you searching the many, many, many threads and posting this in an effort to show me up. Thank you. Have a nice day!
Bricabrac didn't have to search very hard. It's a very common request that is very popular with players and we wish they would actually do something about it. People who have been around for a while can get a little abrupt about things we've seen frequently. Inno doesn't do a very good job of point people to the forum rules, which specifically ask people try do some searches before creating new threads to avoid duplicates. You can consider yourself Lucky it was @Bricabrac not @SoggyShorts who replied, as he's been known to post a link to every time something was discussed, complete with annotations and lacking only an Index and Table of Contents.

DeletedUser4699

I realize you're new to the forum, that's why I was attempting to give you some direction on how to use these forums more effectively. I don't find education a waste of time, so I don't feel any time was wasted. I also don't mince words. Some like it, some don't.That's just how it is. It isn't meant to be offensive, just direct and to the point.

DeletedUser9531

1. Have "storage", so that if you've purchased something but no longer want it in your city, but don't necessarily want to sell it, you can move it into storage for future use.

2. Have the ability to move things off your "grid" so you can re-arrange your city. This is next to impossible as some of the items are so big you can't move them within the parcels of land that you own. To be fair, this feature should only be able to be used WHILE you are re-arranging, and not storage. Let's face it, land is not easy to come by and with each purchase it gets more expensive. I don't plan on purchasing any more until the price comes down and the parcels get bigger and more realistic to the things you have to put on them in order to grow.

3. The ability to rotate your buildings. Again, land is expensive and as the cost increases each time you purchase it, the parcel dimensions do not. I don't mind spending money now and again to play, but I have to be honest, you guys are pretty greedy and I've put a halt on spending until some things change.
I

Very good points. Especially about our Diamonds. I was spending at first, but not so much now. I don't see the Value in spending REAL MONEY when I can just wait and get the EXACT same thing, in EXACT same measurements. The Magic Residences and Magic Workshops are a good value, but they give you something that everyone can not get even with time. That makes it worth purchasing to me. but the expansions, they are no bigger than what everybody else has.

DeletedUser9531

Oh Lord, I am new to the Forums too and looks like I stepped on a hot land mine and NATURALLY I had to add my 2 cents in before I realized it was going to EXPLODE!!! LOL <----- okay, fire away, I have braced myself for impact.

DeletedUser10014

Maybe if enough people suggest it, the powers that be will actually implement it. It's not like we're asking for anything that isn't fair. And, no worries about landmines here. I'm very good at detonating them in the proper direction :) Some people have nothing better to do than.......

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Maybe if enough people suggest it, the powers that be will actually implement it.
That's what we hope for. Though the developers apparently do not pay any attention to these forums. Unless it comes up on the beta forums, they'll probably never notice it.

DeletedUser10014

I wish we could "gift" also. I'd like to be able to pass along tools, coins, buildings, KP's, whatever they need to a friend.

DeletedUser10114

I

Very good points. Especially about our Diamonds. I was spending at first, but not so much now. I don't see the Value in spending REAL MONEY when I can just wait and get the EXACT same thing, in EXACT same measurements. The Magic Residences and Magic Workshops are a good value, but they give you something that everyone can not get even with time. That makes it worth purchasing to me. but the expansions, they are no bigger than what everybody else has.
I saw this same subject several times today as I was scrolling thru everything and was thinking it was a bunch of whining till I realized I had to place 15 farms for halflings this evening and had to dump 4 magic residences... NOW who wants to whine? I think because of the guest race issue with never knowing exactly how much space it will take, Inno would at least take a look at the benefits of some type of mechanism for this situation?