• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Eldrasil Ascending: Finished the quests, not nearly enough sprouts to win grand prize?

DeletedUser5484

I know there are a few more daily quests left, but as of now I only have one more quest to go and I am hundreds of sprouts away from the final grand prize. How is that possible? I spent 140 at a time every time for maximum sprout. Is the math wrong? Does it all depend on if you get lucky and get more nuts when you are cashing in? Thanks for the input.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I know there are a few more daily quests left, but as of now I only have one more quest to go and I am hundreds of sprouts away from the final grand prize. How is that possible? I spent 140 at a time every time for maximum sprout. Is the math wrong? Does it all depend on if you get lucky and get more nuts when you are cashing in? Thanks for the input.
Under normal circumstances, there is a less than 1% chance of being lucky enough with free nuts to get the highest prize without spending money. The only other way is if you hoard your nuts for the days when they offer double sprouts.

DeletedUser12522

What? 1% chance of success, that is awful... I am in the same circumstance with 6 days left and 600 outstanding sprouts. So the game is not for the poor I guess. I do not purchase items so I am allowed the scraps at the lower levels of play only? Interesting way to make a challenge

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Every game of the sort offers content that is difficult or impossible to obtain without spending money. That's how the programmers and artists get paid. It is possible to get the biggest prize without spending money by choosing to spend your hazelnuts on double sprouts day, or by being very lucky. Lots of premium content in free games is not available at all if you don't spend money.

Arayla

We should have the last Double Sprouts day this coming Friday night/Saturday (when the Unleashed Unit Upgrade is the daily prize).

DeletedUser9601

What? 1% chance of success, that is awful... I am in the same circumstance with 6 days left and 600 outstanding sprouts. So the game is not for the poor I guess. I do not purchase items so I am allowed the scraps at the lower levels of play only? Interesting way to make a challenge
Not at all. You can progress to the end of the game without having a single event building. They typically make life easier, but in no way are they required.
Many "free" games require payment to progress past a certain point.
Elevenar doesn't require any payment to progress, but they offer faster progress if you pay for certain items.

NearOK

I have been playing Elvenar for 20 months now, and have reduced my gameplay from 3 to 1 world due to the time required; I log in daily and generally play for 7-12 hours. (I play 2 other games, catch up on email, and multitask other apps during lull periods) The game's complexity and vibrant graphics make it an enjoyable challenge for me, but the time and funds I invest keep me going to advance. However, I must admi8t that I am not addicted enough to this game not to question the amount of time I spend in the E environment at the expense of other pursuits such as my postage stamp collection or back to the Civilization series or fantasy role-playing,, both of which I prefer to E, and yet I keep devoting my spare time to this game. I keep thinking I can master my play enough to streamline my time to an hour or two per session, but that hasn't worked for me.

I have just tonight completed the research for the Orc Rally Point, and now have to make room for it somehow, or delay it until I can get an expansion, which is 60 KP away, as I don't have enough diamonds to obtain one and I don't wish to exhaust my goods by bribing the 11th & 12th ring provinces. In mt readings, I've discovered that I may be only halfway through the game, as I understand that three more guest races after Halflings are anticipated. I really don't wish to continue spending so much of my time playing E, as I am aged 70 and have a large number of medical problems - and a wife.

In closing, I shall share what I feel are the major shortcomings of this game that, if changed, would greatly improve the enjoyability of E. Every point has been discussed pro & con in the Forum, and I grasp the understanding of each. These are MY feelings, not necessarily logical, In no particular order:

1. The lack of a temporary building storage option, at least to rearrange to city grid, due to #2.
2. The modification of the size, shap, and orientation of many of the buildings when levelling up.
3. The limitation of 5 squads max in the training queue drawn from the three training buildings.
4. The relatively long time it takes to train a squad, manufacture spells, scout, level up buildings, & tech research.

There are other points, but they are minor. I realize my participation is voluntary amd that the Inno game gods developed this game to provide enjoyment to me in exchange for a modest profit for them. I figure that is there were 40 hours in a day, I might have the time to accomplish other pursuits; but then again I would probably wind up playing E 28-30 hours per day!

Thanks for reading this, if you got this far. I welcome your input

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
As you said, many of the points have been discussed before, here's my take on them:

1. The lack of a temporary building storage option, at least to rearrange to city grid, due to #2.
Since events are becoming so frequent as to be nearly constant, a good idea might be to dedicate a couple of expansions to temporary buildings that help make those quest productions. When you want to do a major renovation to your city you can tear them down and have plenty of room to shuffle buildings.
2. The modification of the size, shap, and orientation of many of the buildings when levelling up.
This is one of the core challenges of the game. Without this you would simply design your city in the first week and keep it the same forever.
3. The limitation of 5 squads max in the training queue drawn from the three training buildings.
Whether you can train 5 sets or 50 wouldn't matter, what matters is the total number of troops trained in a set amount of time, and this is completely controlled by you by levelling barracks/training grounds/merc camp/wonders and how many armories/shrine/bulwark you decide to build.

4. The relatively long time it takes to train a squad, manufacture spells, scout, level up buildings, & tech research.
Instants help a bit with this, but really this is just that kind of game. It's designed to make you want to speed things up, and that's a large part of how they make money.

DeletedUser3838

I am very dissapointed that I finished the quest 2 weeks ahead of time, am finishing all smaller quest, collected all hazelnuts and still need 300 nuts to get third prize. I do spend money on this game, but refuse to spend money to finish any quest. Isn't that why you play a game in the first place, to finish a quest on your own.