• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Scouted Provinces

Laochra

If we scout an "Easy" province, is it supposed to remain "Easy" or do scouted provinces lose their rank?

Example: A player unlocks the Advanced Scouts & several available provinces change to "Easy." This player scouts & completes one of these "Easy" provinces & the "Easy" (already scouted) province next to it drops to "Medium" status.

I was under the impression that once we scout a province, its rank/status would not change. It would be unfair if the already scouted provinces did not keep the rank they had at the time they were scouted (I know that unscouted provinces will change).

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
It's more complicated than that. The designations for province difficulty were just put in place this past summer. Advanced scouts reduces negotiating costs and battle difficulty for all unscouted provinces, but other activities can change the difficulty ratings of both scouted and unscouted provinces. In this thread, starting near the bottom of page 1 is a good discussion of what activities have an effect on those difficulty ratings:
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index....for-all-newcomers-creating-cities.6661/page-2

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If we scout an "Easy" province, is it supposed to remain "Easy"
It's not really more complicated. Scouted provinces can only get easier over time if you don't fight them, because the cost of fighting or catering them is set forever once you scout them, but your squads get larger.

TLDR: Once you scout them, the completion cost is locked. The enemies in them never changes after that.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Once you scout them, the completion cost is locked. The enemies in them never changes after that.

This, the cost and troop size is fixed as soon as you scout a province. The indicator of easy/medium/etc will only change if you are increasing your squad sizes and cross the appropriate threshold. This will always be in the direction of getting easier simply because difficulty has to do with your squad size verse their squad size, the larger your army the easier it is.

Laochra

Ok, so if a province was 'easy' when it was scouted, its difficulty level should not change?
One of my FS members has recently noticed this was happening to him. After he started his new chapter & he received several 'easy' unscouted provinces, he started to scout all of these 'easy' provinces. After he scouted them all (at the 'easy' rating), he selected to fight/negotiate/complete one of them & after winning one battle, an already scouted 'easy' province beside it changed to 'medium.' He said that after each successful battle/negotiation/province completion, an already scouted 'easy' province near it would change to 'medium.'
I was thinking this was a bug & he should report it to support, but I wanted to ask here first. Thanks for the clarifications.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think the colored rating is irrelevant once it is scouted. It's probably only indicating what the province would be if it were scouted today. The contents haven't changed.