• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Event Double Days on Instants

DeletedUser5800

How early is early anyway? IF we are talking chapter 1 they are close to useless but so are buildings, the last city I started was through chapter 1 in 48 hrs... so todays prize would be cool for what, like a week or two? If I recall you can be in chapter 4 in 6 weeks or something if you stay on it. The fact is that for under chapter 4 players everything is cool for less time, it's not even really until dwarves that you get slow enough to enjoy a building for more than a month or two... Does that make the building less cool than for a LATE game player that will hold it for 3 or 4 months?
How useful a buff is at what point is kind of arguing the wrong point, it can be useful to anyone to some degree and everything tends to be more useful or for longer the later in game you are... take all those useless supply buildings for example, far better to be at mana for those. And Instants, 33% of a level 3 MH is nothing compared to a Lv 23...
How useful what is at what point is irrelevant for the most part as it all has it's own way of scaling one way or another... what is useful to the most players of all the various styles I think is more relevant in regards to where doubles should go and I think instants are pretty universally useful. 33% of a level 3 MH is still pretty cool to someone in chapter 1, broke and twitching. LOL

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
What do you define as a early player
1-4 Beginner (these are so fast that the one major event you go through matters very little imo)
5-7 Early
8-9 Mid
10-11 late
In my experience early mid and late each take about the same amount of time, so that's how I split them up. Any other definition will work just as well though, so feel free to provide your terminology, and I'll use that instead.
Just because someone don't share your point of view doesn't make their point of view wrong
That's not what I said though. I said not understanding or seeing the possible uses of something, and then declaring that it is completely useless might be wrong.
It was clear to me that based absolute statements like "They are ONLY useful for late game" that not all possibilities had been considered.
I have an end of tech tree city and a chapter 3 city and I don't want or need the stupid battle buffs in either one. Am I wrong ? Before you answer that was a rhetorical question
I'll answer anyways: The question was never if you want or need them, but whether they have any use.
How early is early anyway? IF we are talking chapter 1 they are close to useless but so are buildings, the last city I started was through chapter 1 in 48 hrs
Exactly. Everything becomes obsolete so fast in the beginner chapters that the buff buildings and instants can be the best choices since you can save them for later, unlike any other building. Even if one defines the first 4 chapters as "early" rather than an extended tutorial, the buildings that never go bad are a good pick.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5800

Even if one defines the first 4 chapters as "early" rather than an extended tutorial, the buildings that never go bad are a a good pick.
...and which one do think entices new players more, instants or buffs? and even if they did become the majority pick with doubles on them, what real detriment would that cause? You would still have to sacrifice buildings and they would still be finite. Even if you won 36 20 hr ones for example... how far would that take you? Upgrading Res, would be easier... but you would go through gold and supplies fast so better get 12 of each... now you can upgrade 1/3 of them faster and then really wish you had more. I can't see that hurting anything other than peoples self control while looking at the diamond button. :D

The Balance: You can take the buildings and play happily, you can take the buffs and play happily, OR you can take the instants and the third grand and have a free taste of what being a premium player is like. Seems more fitting.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

you can take the instants and the third grand and have a free taste of what being a premium player is like. Seems more fitting.
I do like that idea. The "free taste of premium" is a solid sell. I've had event focused cities from day one for that reason. While I do still believe that instants are already one of the better prizes, adding the third prize isn't so great that it would break the events. Like I said, there is a concern that it may make them a little too good, but not so great that I'm dead-set against it.

DeletedUser13467

Early players can still have 100+ provinces* cleared.
You are in your own make believe world.
*Even for the really new players with fewer provinces available, clearing provinces on the tournament for cheaper saves troops for other things like world map fighting
At the cost of WHAT? Valueble SPACE early game? Other prizes that they CAN use early game? For a temporary building that helps for less then a week? Have you not seen ALL the OTHER complaints about this?

[EDITED BY XELENIA]

SoggyShorts

At the cost of WHAT? Valueble SPACE early game? For a temporary building that helps for less then a week?
You know the buildings are 2x2, right? You complain about how much space they take up, and then mention that it's only temporary 2 sentences later. SMH

Not sure why you're so worked up about this.:rolleyes:

DeletedUser13467

Guess again genius, as I said in other threads, I'm only going for set buildings, so I won't be getting any double crown days.
Flat lie.
No need to get angry, trying getting better at the game instead.
Let me remind YOU, this thread is aout the TEMPORARY spell buildings they placed on double crown day, NOT any players skill level :)

SoggyShorts

Flat lie.
Why lie?
If you knew a little more about the game you would realize that it's not possible to get both the set buildings and the double crowns.
proof 2.png
proof 1.png
YOU want to keep that item for SELFISH reasons
Actually since YOU clearly want the double crowns on something you like, I'd say you are the selfishly motivated one.
Let me remind YOU, this thread is aout the TEMPORARY spell buildings they placed on double crown day, NOT any players skill level
The only thing close to "skill" in this game is knowledge, and I've been trying to share some with you, but feel free to keep being an angry little padawan, I hope that works out for you.

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Just because someone don't share your point of view doesn't make their point of view wrong
Not just, but it's often a good indicator. :p

To ease off a bit of the excitement, remember they aren't missing out very much by not going for double crowns. It only effects their ability to get one prize out of the entire list.

I think for the majority of players in the very early chapters (1-3) the entire event decision tree is messed up anyway, since many of the buildings take up a lot of space for what they provide for the short time that you'll be in those chapters. If people set aside the "ooo, shiney!" and do the math, the only value of the third grand prize is going to be overtaken by other things in a month or two, and is a pretty big commitment in a city with maybe 20 expansions total. I'm not sure that the double crowns being attached to a building they might not like is as big a deal as is being made out.

DeletedUser5800

at the cost of WHAT? Valueble SPACE early game? Other prizes that they CAN use early game?
They could also use them to fight the world map and with a low scout time way over scout in that week and add loads of space. :eek:

Let's limit the personal attacking, otherwise you will be demoted to the brown saber! Nobody wants the brown saber. :p

Laochra

I am soon to be knocking on the door of the Dwarves chapter in all of my cities. I was a brand-new player during the Herds Event--Chapter 2, I think. In the Herds, Fall event & even in the Winter Event, I have looked at the grand prizes & in all 3 events, I knew that the 3rd GP would be difficult to obtain, and based on their size & offering, I have always felt that the 2nd GP was a better win (for me!). Once I obtain the 2nd GP, I consider my event complete...unless there's another daily prize that looked good to me. :D
{In the Herds event, I won the 1st GP in each city, so I was satisfied with that as I was still so new to the game}

DeletedUser13467

Actually since YOU clearly want the double crowns on something you like, I'd say you are the selfishly motivated one.
Guess again, almost ALL early players feel the same about the temporary buildings. READ who posted this thread and all the other threads about double crown day prizes. Furthermore, you did lie. Since the 2nd grand prize IS a SET BUILDING, you are clearly ALSO getting the temporary spell buildings on DOUBLE CROWN DAY. What's really sad: You actually CONVINCED yourself that you are correct! The true reason you want these buildings on double crown day IS BECAUSE you use them to farm tourneys for the KP. It's so blatently obvious.

I'm not sure what's worse, Inno's event planning or SoggyShort's over-inflated ego. Join the Dark Side.

[EDITED BY XELENIA]

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
NOTHING is 100%.
Well, for anyone who completes the event, as Soggyshorts is definitely going to do, is guaranteed 100% to get the second prize. Even if pretty much every single random that could go wrong does, you'd still get enough crowns for the second prize. But, you're right, the world could end before he does, so it's not 100%

SoggyShorts

NOTHING is 100%. Who is truly ignorant?
1260 Keys from daily quests
4449 keys from sequential quests
805 keys from collections (23 keys per day from collecting around your city, assuming garbage luck and they are ALL 1s, no 2s or 3s)
--------
6514 total keys
That lets you open
130 small boxes (again assuming garbage luck and ZERO wins of extra keys)
that give you
650 crowns
cost for prizes 1 &2 are 250, and 400
250+400 = 650

650=650 that's a 100% chance.

math.jpg

Join the I own a calculator side

Last edited:

DeletedUser13467

Hey, whatever. The facts are still on my side. The temporary buildings are ONLY good late game. Like I said. And having them on double crown day takes a huge DUMP on EARLY players. That isn't an opinion. What is an opinion, is SoggyShorts math is .... That's taking for granted one can even PLAY the GAME that often, and not counting a thousand other factors like A) BEING NEW or B) Simply not knowing better.

[EDITED BY XELENIA]