• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

cycling

• Thread starter DeletedUser4463
  • Start date

DeletedUser4463

we all need coins & supplies. To get the required quality of both I am having to cycle through the side tasks (which r 25 in number) 5 times every 3 hours. I am starting to get aches in my wrist, if I stop playing this game it will be because this is not corrected. EVERY TASK SHOULD EITHER HAVE A REPEAT OPTION or THERE SHOULD BE A DROP DOWN LIST OF TASKS, WHERE U CHOOSE.
The same thing is happening in Fellowship Adventure, this cycling through 8-10 tasks 5-10 times, periodically.
Guys this is not a game difficulty like 'no option to rotate buildings' this is MOST ANNOYING & should be corrected immediately.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
While cycling makes the game easier, it appears it is not intended behavior. There are fairly strong positions on both sides of this, that it should be made easier or that it should be blocked altogether. The impression I've gotten from comments on beta is that they re more likely to block it than make it easier. They have been introducing more ways to get supplies and coins (there were no buildings that automatically produced supplies until a few months back, and the instants are even newer.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
There is also the Power of provision spell to put on you workshops and the Ensorcelled Endowment spell to put on your culture. I found visits can give more coins then you spend. I never had to cycle to get supplies or coin. But to each there own.

DeletedUser4463

dear Squirrel, Ashley,
even with pop spell, have to take in so many productions every 5 mins, result is same, so much pressure on ur wrists, I am in chapter9, been there, done that.
instants r easiest but r they unlimited in number?
with cycling I am topping my supplies daily & for 1st time having enough supplies to produce army units.
but doing now with my left hand, the right being in splints, when I have bandages on both hands, then will have to stop.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
As they say, third time's the charm.... You're welcome to delete the apology emails, as the mods don't like multiple consecutive posts.

If you have access to a recent phone/tablet, you might want to see if the actual harvesting and re-starting for jobs is easier on there using the app, where it is just screen-touches instead of mouse clicks. You can't cast the PoP there, that has to be done on the computer, and the event quests have to be done there as well, but the harvest, and restart actions might be less stressful and the normal cycling quests can be done on the app.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
even with pop spell, have to take in so many productions every 5 mins, result is same, so much pressure on ur wrists, I am in chapter9, been there, done that.

I'm not as far along as you are (have unlocked advanced scouts for Orcs), but I have seen supplies become more challenging since I started the guest races. I have 9 workshops and keeping them upgraded is not my strong suit, but they were sufficient with occasional PoP spells/quest cycling before dwarves. I understand Orcs are going to severely deplete them (even more so than dwarves and fairies :eek:). I've also gotten several supply producing event buildings and they help, too. The thing about the PoP spells is I used to think I had to do the every 5 minute collections to make the most efficient use of them. Now, I don't care so much. Doing them once/hour is sufficient if I run them a few times/week. But, I seem to get an over-abundance of them in treasure chests and the tournaments, so I'm slowly letting go of my need to hoard them, lol! The event buildings and the every hr collection on PoP may not be the most efficient use of space/time, but it has the most benefit for the least amount of effort for me.

DeletedUser5800

I've never quest cycled... except in the horrible FA where it should be changed and there are multiple threads and suggestions on ways to do it (I proposed 3 better alternatives myself in the suggestions section where suggestions go)... but in standard game play, never... and never had a problem, run P.o.P.s, use them often but still only bother 3hr collects. The issue is people get used to cycling and build with it in mind, then feel like they have to do it, when they actually could just modify their build/playstyle and be fine without it. Build another WS, or Prosperity Towers, or earlier on Endless Excavation. The point is you can build your way around this problem that you created, you don't have to be a quest cycle reliant build. ;)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@enjoy
We're missing some key information,
  • How many workshops do you have?
  • Are any workshops Magical?
  • Do you have the Prosperity Tower, Endless Excavation, or Tome of Secrets?
  • How many goods factories do you have of each Tier?
  • Do you cater or fight in tournaments?
  • Do you negotiate or fight on the world map?
  • What's your usual culture bonus?
Here is my layout:
  • How many workshops do you have? 7
  • Are any workshops Magical? No.
  • Do you have the Prosperity Tower, Endless Excavation, or Tome of Secrets? Level 6, Level 6, and Level 1
  • How many goods factories do you have of each Tier? 3, 3, 3.
  • Do you cater or fight in tournaments? Auto-fight to 1600+ points and 79 KP (not counting FS rewards)
  • Do you negotiate or fight on the world map? Negotiate.
  • What's your usual culture bonus? 125% without buffs or 150% when asking for some culture visits
With this set up my total troops are going up every week, as are my goods which have a current stockpile of 1m+ of each.
I never cycle quests except during the FA, and I have had to sell supplies to the wholesaler more often than I have had to use PoP spells since I started.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5800

We're missing some key information,
and do you keep a culture bonus or not?... if not that heavily affects this also. Even though I never have one because I would rather use the P.o.P.s since the Academy takes less space than the cult needed for the boost. But I find people that don't rely on spells tend to have a healthy boost.

sazzaphraze

we all need coins & supplies. To get the required quality of both I am having to cycle through the side tasks (which r 25 in number) 5 times every 3 hours. I am starting to get aches in my wrist, if I stop playing this game it will be because this is not corrected. EVERY TASK SHOULD EITHER HAVE A REPEAT OPTION or THERE SHOULD BE A DROP DOWN LIST OF TASKS, WHERE U CHOOSE.
The same thing is happening in Fellowship Adventure, this cycling through 8-10 tasks 5-10 times, periodically.
Guys this is not a game difficulty like 'no option to rotate buildings' this is MOST ANNOYING & should be corrected immediately.

DeletedUser4463

the game management is spending so much time & effort in creating animation for each & every building for the mobile app,which is not really necessary. Instead could they not solve such basic issues which r troubling their players?

SoggyShorts

the game management is spending so much time & effort in creating animation for each & every building for the mobile app,which is not really necessary. Instead could they not solve such basic issues which r troubling their players?
Totally different teams.

DeletedUser4463

Hi, Game Management, don't bother beautifying/animating city, no time to appreciate, all time spent cycling.
everyone in FA, who with 25 or more workshops grew 5 or more sets of toolbox, baskets of groceries, have had to cycle through tasks. why should game players have to waste their time in such useless activities?

SoggyShorts

@enjoy
Sadly the devs are very far removed from these forums, and most likely will not be responding to your post.
We can however try to help you completely avoid the quest cycling as we have done, if you care to provide the information I asked for above.

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@enjoy
Sadly the devs are very far removed from these forums, and most likely will not be responding to your post.
We can however try to help you completely avoid the quest cycling as we have done, if you care to provide the information I asked for above.

Decided to edit for you. That typo took me a minute to figure out, lol! (but maybe I'm just tired)