• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Three Glacier Giants feedback

DeletedUser5800

Subject Change: In each event I always find one quest that I'm fairly certain the Dev's through in there while giggling at how annoying it would be...
upload_2017-12-13_11-26-42.png

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Subject Change: In each event I always find one quest that I'm fairly certain the Dev's through in there while giggling at how annoying it would be...
I think those quests must be some kind of reward for upgrading your BH. For someone like me with loads of space the rest of the quests were fairly simple, and these were what held me up.

DeletedUser9601

As someone with about 15 free expansions because I finished Orcs but haven't been in Elves long enough, I love these quests. Super-easy when you have room for 3 expansions worth of low level marble factories.

DeletedUser5800

Super-easy when you have room for 3 expansions worth of low level marble factories.
I actually think that makes it more annoying, on a small city where the upgrades need to be done it wasn't that bad but building the ten marble factories just to level up and sell is very annoying.
3 not so bad, 5 not so bad, 30 for presets not so bad, 10 just to upgrade and sell... annoying. LOL

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
As someone with about 15 free expansions because I finished Orcs but haven't been in Elves long enough, I love these quests. Super-easy when you have room for 3 expansions worth of low level marble factories.
I too saved a ton of space from early Woodelves and went pretty quick, but didn't feel obliged to build new buildings for everything (though I did for some) per earlier advice from @SoggyShorts, I saved some stuff. One level each of a couple of Armories and I had saved three wonders ready to upgrade when the event went live, plus my Wood-elf residences, which gave me 27x2 available updates, though they are in the 12-14 hour range.

For those actually in the middle of a guest race, guest race goods count, so a few level two granite mines or such can be handy when an event is approaching.

DeletedUser9601

I actually think that makes it more annoying, on a small city where the upgrades need to be done it wasn't that bad but building the ten marble factories just to level up and sell is very annoying.
3 not so bad, 5 not so bad, 30 for presets not so bad, 10 just to upgrade and sell... annoying. LOL
Agreed. My city is complete eye-gore. But I also consider it a fair trade for getting through the mainline quests by the 22nd when the Frozen Fountain is the daily prize.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Bluebell Woods and Azkaban, your avatars are so cute. Where do you guys find these pics?

This winter event is an improvement over some of the previous events. Nice to see the game devs listened to us and included “OR” in some quests. That one little word will prevent some of us from getting stuck when we reach Quest 39. Research 1 Technology OR Upgrade 1 Building to level 20 or higher. I’m still trying to get the Dwarves to leave. They’ve been in the Wayfarer’s Tavern for days now.

So far I have one minor gripe. There are a few of us, or maybe A LOT of us, that can only gain relics from the tournament. The tournament just closed. This elf will be playing another game until the tournament reopens.

DeletedUser14185

I am loving this event. It is the first major event that I am in, as I came in on the tail end of Eldrasil's Ascending. Have gotten pretty far in the event (step 76, while I am only in Chapter 3 of Elvenar) by planning ahead, sometimes five and six steps ahead, while not using any diamonds during the event.

I have earned enough ice crowns for the 1st grand prize, but have not collected it yet (I was going to wait until the next chapter to collect). The question I have is can I continue to earn ice crowns for the next grand prize without collecting the previous grand prize?

DeletedUser12841

You mean you've opened chests and there's been nothing in them?

I think they're saying that, like me, they've opened lots of chests and not gotten one building. I always buy the 140 key chests, which are supposed to have a 25% chance of getting the building, but after 10 chests, I haven't gotten one building. It's been years since I took college-level statistics, so what are the odds?