• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New to Game - Looking to Learn

• Thread starter DeletedUser8145
  • Start date

DeletedUser8145

Hello,

I am new to the game entirely but I've been reading up and looking forward to learn the game. My hope is to find a Fellowship that is willing to answer questions. I'm not looking for handouts, but more so a source of information and people to play with. I've always found these types of games are much more fun to play together. I'm on Arendyll of course, and just only started yesterday.

DeletedUser3640

New server has opened recently. I'm not saying that there are no newbie-friendly fellowships on Arendyll, but it might be in your best interest to start in the new world instead. You might get more neighbors that are actually playing, and you'd also have higher chances to end up in the fellowship where everyone is still figuring out how to play in the most efficient way (trust me - it's the best experience).

DeletedUser8145

Ah okay, this was the server it started me on when I joined. Would be nice if it put you on the most recently started server rather than the oldest.

Maz Mellor

Ah okay, this was the server it started me on when I joined. Would be nice if it put you on the most recently started server rather than the oldest.

Don't worry, there are plenty of fellowships in Arendyll that are happy to take on new players and help them grow their cities. Have you looked in the Fellowships Seeking Members board as well? I've seen quite a few postings go up over there in the last few days. Good luck with it, anyway, and happy gaming!

DeletedUser9367

The Red River Dragons are a great group, willing to help out however we can!! Hope to hear from you!

Thalia Story-Teller
Mage, Arendyll

DeletedUser9840

Hello,

I am new to the game entirely but I've been reading up and looking forward to learn the game. My hope is to find a Fellowship that is willing to answer questions. I'm not looking for handouts, but more so a source of information and people to play with. I've always found these types of games are much more fun to play together. I'm on Arendyll of course, and just only started yesterday.

DeletedUser9840

Hi! My name is Allora the Wise, Mage for Quessir Fellowship. We are a friendly helpful FS that believes in helping each other grow. We have a couple of more experienced players that do not mind answering question. What we don't know, we can learn together! You are encouraged to apply...we would love to have you.

DeletedUser7421

The "Growing Together" fellowship has been specifically re-designed to help active new cities progress and thrive, with the least amount of frustration and abandonment.
-->Thank you to all our neighbors for your trading support - it is helping new cities grow and thrive.

Last edited:

DeletedUser10773

You are welcome to join us.
I would love to be in your fellowship, I am new but love to help people out the best I can and really need some help with some areas of the game. I hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you for your consideration,
Soapianka

DeletedUser14880

New server has opened recently. I'm not saying that there are no newbie-friendly fellowships on Arendyll, but it might be in your best interest to start in the new world instead. You might get more neighbors that are actually playing, and you'd also have higher chances to end up in the fellowship where everyone is still figuring out how to play in the most efficient way (trust me - it's the best experience).

Hi!! I know this was posted forever ago but halppppp :D So I just started playing recently and naturally I'm hooked. My city in Arendyll is coming along quite nicely already and teaching me the hard lesson of patience! I've only been playing for less than a week, but I'm already interested in starting a Human city in a new 'world'. It was mentioned that the older worlds have a lot of inactive accounts as neighbors and for trade purposes. What is the 'newest world' I guess, or at least the most active. I'm pretty active, so it'd be nice to start my Human city in an active world as well. Arendyll was kind of just tossed in my lap, not that I'm complaining of course. I actually don't mind it at all, I just want to stay current :D Thanks for any advice, and all is welcome!!!!

Laochra

Hi!! I know this was posted forever ago but halppppp :D So I just started playing recently and naturally I'm hooked. My city in Arendyll is coming along quite nicely already and teaching me the hard lesson of patience! I've only been playing for less than a week, but I'm already interested in starting a Human city in a new 'world'. It was mentioned that the older worlds have a lot of inactive accounts as neighbors and for trade purposes. What is the 'newest world' I guess, or at least the most active. I'm pretty active, so it'd be nice to start my Human city in an active world as well. Arendyll was kind of just tossed in my lap, not that I'm complaining of course. I actually don't mind it at all, I just want to stay current :D Thanks for any advice, and all is welcome!!!!
It can all depend on where you get placed on the map & if you find yourself a good strong fellowship that can help your city grow & thrive. Ceravyn is the newest realm, but I have heard many players say that they have more abandoned (coin) cities there than any other realm. I am in 5 realms (Arendyll, Felyndral, Khelonaar, Elcysandir & Ceravyn) & some of the older realms have some very advanced & generous neighbors. :);)

DeletedUser15266

Hello,

Join us in Unité et Fraternité. We would be glad to have you on board. We are a fellowship of beginners and experienced players. Our group would be glad to answer your questions as you play and help you grow your game. Contact me, Thom50, or any or the fellowship mages if you are interested in becoming a member of our fellowship. ~T

DeletedUser13558

Learn, play, ask questions... we're good with all of that.
This is a fine realm to play and our Fellowship is plenty active.
We're mellow, we're cool, and we get stuff done.
We have a few slots open and we certainly do not mind new, active players.

If you want to play, learn, grow... I have a spot for you.
Hit me up in-game and I'll get you right in.
- Hamiltucky
a.k.a. Tony

DeletedUser15528

Hello,

DeletedUser15528

I also am new to the game, but my Arendyll city is my fourth startup. I am willing to answer questions and if you're still in chapter I (you didn't open the chest) I probably have encountered very recently anything you are now running into. So naturally, I started a fellowship. I am steeler (higher production doesn't exist for me yet) so if you are marble or planker, we can help each other. Just this instant I have 0 others. But you got to start somewhere.
Y_Knot: AtliFireeyes

DeletedUser15528

Maybe this has happened to you: You know you want a fellowship, but prefer not to be #25 in a fellowship mostly of very advanced cities that don't even speak the same language (KP??? Ancient wonders?? Tiers??)
So you look down the list for smaller fellowships. Where to start. You can walk the pages one by one, but you know the early ones with high ranks are EXACTLY what you are not looking for. Ideally 10-12 members with some newbies and some evidence that they really do WANT newbies.
So you go to the end, and you step if backwards. Well, you haven't helped yourself. literally a hundred pages or more: A thousand one player fellowships that don't seem to have any clue how to communicate to you what they are about.

Their overview is meaningless and more like what you expect of a clueless idiot who thinks you want to talk about dragons. Page after page of these.

Well, I won't even look at a fellowship that doesn't address what I want, and I don't really want to be #2 of 2 with #1 just as hapless as I am, so somewhere near the middle you start seeing middlish fellowships that might be what you want. I was lucky enough to find that 3 times, but in Aryndyll I just got tired of looking and decided to try my own.

NOW I am new to elvenar, but I am not new to operating an affilliational sodality. So I know how to train, and I know how to explain, and I know how to have a bit of fun <pops a beer open>. THIS game is NOT really critical, in the sense that you can make many mistakes and the only price you pay is some delay in reaching a certain level. No mistake is unfixable. All buildings can be swapped around. No one is going to come and steal your buildings or resources. So the most important thing is learning, from you mistakes or maybe from mine. Drop by, see where we can go together.
Y_Knot: Atli