• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Land Space

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
If this question has already been answered , my apologies...I looked and couldnt find it.

Are they ever going to make the land space larger ? The members in my FS , that are in the Elementals chapter, are having difficulties due to no more land space.:confused: In turn this makes them have to sell most of their AW's in order to have room:( . They are not happy campers :mad: and they are questioning if its worth even playing the game anymore:eek:

Thanks for your time in advance ~;)
muffy ~xo

DeletedUser9601

As far as we know, there's no plan to expand the map.
Having to delete extra factories, workshops, and AWs is part of the challenge!

NightshadeCS

Yes, there are numerous other threads concerning this issue, though often this complaint crops up in unrelated threads, so it is hard to search for. :D

There are a lot of good suggestions on how to make the most of your space. The most important thing is to let go of those pretty buildings that you don't need. You have to really be in touch with what goods you need and axe anything that doesn't provide a necessity. Excess manufactories are often a culprit, lovely event buildings, etc. Raise a glass to those beautiful designs, your ranking, and then demolish.;)

DeletedUser188

Are they ever going to make the land space larger ?
The answer to that question is YES
I know players that have all the expansions available at this time
They have more expansions that can fit on the current grid
That fact and the fact that they have increased the grid before leads me to believe that they will expand the grid again
When they will do it is any ones guess
My advice to your FS would be to hang in there until they expand the map again

DeletedUser3507

There thinking about it, but with graphics issues that there having with us players that have maxed out city space,don't count on it. #1-10 FS have graphics issues loading our cities and that just Winyandor..

DeletedUser9601

There thinking about it, but with graphics issues that there having with us players that have maxed out city space,don't count on it. #1-10 FS have graphics issues loading our cities and that just Winyandor..
Part of that, I think, is because the game currently runs on Flash. I've heard that the plan is to move away from Flash, and that might help loading issues, game size, etc.
Caveat: not a CS person, and have no knowledge of game development

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I don't think they have said one way or the other. They have said not every chapter will bring a grid expansion and while they said that ages ago this was the first time they didn't.

Considering their expectation of those in elementals is they wouldn't have a maxed grid they may not increase it for a while. But I do think it is likely to come at some point as Andrew420 mentioned as some people have more expansions than they can place.

DeletedUser

I've heard that the plan is to move away from Flash

Forge of Empires recently began testing HTML5 on the Beta server. You can test with Chrome and one other browser, but I haven't tried it out yet so I don't know how much of an improvement it is.

muffy.

Yes, there are numerous other threads concerning this issue, though often this complaint crops up in unrelated threads, so it is hard to search for. :D

There are a lot of good suggestions on how to make the most of your space. The most important thing is to let go of those pretty buildings that you don't need. You have to really be in touch with what goods you need and axe anything that doesn't provide a necessity. Excess manufactories are often a culprit, lovely event buildings, etc. Raise a glass to those beautiful designs, your ranking, and then demolish.;)

**sigh** I love my pretties.:(+...oh thats gonna hurt....and my wedding hall....I was just planning a wedding for it...lol :D I will an have an anxiety attack selling them...and i know i cant have someone else do it for me , ohhh this is gonna be a sad day in mister rogers neighborhood for sure.:rolleyes:
...but thank you

DeletedUser9601

and i know i cant have someone else do it for me
The min-maxer in me loves deleting old, less efficient buildings. Onward and upward!
Maybe I should start an Elvenar side business, deleting buildings for people who can't for sentimental reasons :D
Very reasonable prices!

DeletedUser3507

Ah no even my old culture is over 10k...

And I had to delete 2 of them and 6k pop/35k culture went down the tubes, after serious reflection as to where this game was going, some player I know delayed chapter 12 to they could decide which of there 30 factories and was going to go for the needed guest race space.

I tried to keep a balance between culture and factories, I managed to keep my 21 factories.

And yes I have 6 expansion I can not place possibly unit chapter 15.

Last edited by a moderator:

muffy.

Yes Adobe is dropping flash support this year

Flash has stop doing updates this year....but it wont fully be gone till 20/20
And with players using Google Chrome they dont even have Flash they have HTML5
The min-maxer in me loves deleting old, less efficient buildings. Onward and upward!
Maybe I should start an Elvenar side business, deleting buildings for people who can't for sentimental reasons :D
Very reasonable prices!
I will hire you...hell i'll even advertise for you lol...only problem is...ya can't touch my pretties

muffy.

Yes Adobe is dropping flash support this year
Adobe stopped doing updates this year...but it wont be fully gone till 20/20. Customers that have purchased have to be guaranteed the support, as it is included in the purchase

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Flash has stop doing updates this year....but it wont fully be gone till 20/20
And with players using Google Chrome they dont even have Flash they have HTML5
That is mostly incorrect.

Adobe will stop doing updates in 2020 and stop distributing Flash at the end of that year.

Chrome has it's own Flash implementation which Elvenar is using. Elvenar is not running in HTML5 on Chrome.

Flash won't be "gone" for a long time, but after after late this year, the major browsers will not allow end users to run Flash without going through hoops. First, they will stop allowing white-list sites, so you will have to give Elvenar permission to use flash every time you open it, which means every browser refresh. Later, they will probably requiring us to install a special version of the browser if we want to use flash.

muffy.

That is mostly incorrect.

Adobe will stop doing updates in 2020 and stop distributing Flash at the end of that year.

Chrome has it's own Flash implementation which Elvenar is using. Elvenar is not running in HTML5 on Chrome.

Flash won't be "gone" for a long time, but after after late this year, the major browsers will not allow end users to run Flash without going through hoops. First, they will stop allowing white-list sites, so you will have to give Elvenar permission to use flash every time you open it, which means every browser refresh. Later, they will probably requiring us to install a special version of the browser if we want to use flash.
Thank you Ashrem, my whole point really was they cannot and will not stop supporting it to consumers that have it. They will try and detour them from it as it presents significant security risks. Thank you again for putting that out there. Perhaps people will understand it better.

DeletedUser

my whole point really was they cannot and will not stop supporting it to consumers that have it.

They certainly can. Companies end support for their products all the time, regardless of how many consumers are using them. You can continue to use the product, but the company will no longer fix problems or issue updates, so if you're going to continue using it, it's at your own risk. Microsoft does this on a regular basis. In fact, mainstream support for XP ended in 2009, and for Vista in 2015. Even support for Windows 10 won't last forever...extended support for it ends October 14, 2025.

DeletedUser3507

Even support for Windows 10 won't last forever...extended support for it ends October 14, 2025.

The bottom line? The terms closely follow Microsoft's pattern for other recent operating systems, continuing the policy of five years of mainstream support and 10 years of extended support. Mainstream support for Windows 10 will continue until Oct. 13, 2020, and extended support ends on Oct. 14, 2025. But both levels could well go beyond those dates, since previous OS versions have had their support end dates moved forward after service packs. Windows 10 will constantly receive automatic updates, which at some point could be considered a service pack.

DeletedUser

The bottom line? The terms closely follow Microsoft's pattern for other recent operating systems, continuing the policy of five years of mainstream support and 10 years of extended support. Mainstream support for Windows 10 will continue until Oct. 13, 2020, and extended support ends on Oct. 14, 2025. But both levels could well go beyond those dates, since previous OS versions have had their support end dates moved forward after service packs. Windows 10 will constantly receive automatic updates, which at some point could be considered a service pack.

Correctamundo, my friend. I used the Windows model as a quick example, because I have years of experience with their obsolete things (lol), but I could just as easily have used Cisco. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/eos-eol-policy.html

But back on topic :D, my main Beta city just started Dwarves a couple of days ago. I had to clear out several prizes I really didn't want to let go of, but since they weren't on my Permanent Collection list, off they went. And at this point right now, I'm eyeing the Wedding Altar already. :confused: