• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Phoenix Cult

DeletedUser3507

@SoggyShorts you can take the demo out of your signature, And now after sending in a bug report to him the total shows correctly

Llander

Where do I go to see the offers? When I click on the Trader, the screen says "no offers found,"...same thing when I click on the scales next to the world symbol. What am I doing wrong?
Have you tried to reboot the game? offers should appear, there are several right now. It seems like a bug. are you using the browser or app version?

DeletedUser10008

Hi Quiette, trades will only show in each of our traders for cities that are up to two outside of our own discovered/scouted area, or from players in the fellowship we join. Each player's trader is going to be different...it is nothing you are doing!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16281

What world are you playing on? I have a baby city on W and I'm wondering the same thing. I'm actually surprised that so early in the Event there is something that I have already run into that could make the event impossible for a player in 2nd chapter.
I'm playing in Arendyll. I spent all of last evening looking for trades that I could do. Got none. Posted in my fellowship's chat asking for help. Got no response, and then this morning when I got up, there were some easy ones to fill, so I finally finished the task, but lost a lot of time...

Thanks for all the offers of help...

DeletedUser8946

I like the idea of the set buildings in this one, but you put out the Set Buildings WAY too early. I got A Lighthouse in one of my cities, and in Beta I only have one of the two daily set buildings. Are either being reoffered? I thought I heard of one in April...

HJK84

I'm not even bothering with the GP's. It does have a nice PoP value, but to much room Imo. Specially connecting roads... The BS and KP are interesting, but ya... I get a ton of BS from Tournaments.

I'm just going for massing Wishing Wells :p
Curious if the Wishing Well is only a 1 day thing or will come up again later.
I've realized there's a few buildings that pop up 2-3 times during same event, and grow in C or P, but not size.

Anyone know anything about this?

e - Well... I'm done with Event. Just delaying the finish, cause rushing gives me nothing extra, lol
Rather make some more armories to get more troops for current tournament.

Good luck to the rest of you :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser535

I wanted to take a few moments to express how much I am enjoying the current Phoenix Event. It is so different from last year’s Phoenix egg event, which I certainly did not enjoy, for many reasons. Many changes have been made to this year’s event, making it all the more enjoyable.

I am enjoying all the many new buildings, all of which are beautiful and elaborate, many with interesting visual effects. I really liked how there were many new buildings, rather than daily prizes being nothing but repeated prizes from previous special events. The new buildings look good in my cities, either alone or together. And I was very pleased to see that most of the buildings have a good value to them---at least a good enough value to be worth being given space in my very crowded cities.

I have really enjoyed some of the visual effects of the new buildings. Some of the buildings like the “Cultist Plaza” has a pool that goes “dry” when it is ready for collection---then refills with brilliant blue water when the collection is done. Likewise the Galactic Egg goes transparent and still when it is ready for collection, then afterward bursts back into swirling brilliant blue.

Others, mostly the egg themed buildings, are not only pretty, but also have an element of humor in them. I first noticed this with the “Unobtrusive House”—the caption stated that this was a house were orcs lived, so no phoenix eggs were to be found here. However, a giant golden egg has landed on the house in question, and is currently bending the walls outward, while the occupants look on. Another is the Obtrusive Phoenix Egg, where the caption stated that no orcs would be near. However the large beautiful egg is being lovingly cleaned and polished by a team of orcs! Then there is the Mysterious Egg, the caption states that they are not sure if this is a Phoenix egg or not. The brightly colored “Easter” egg sits in a stream, then a crack appears at the top, and a tentacle sticks out! Most likely not a phoenix egg, indeed! I have very much enjoyed only the new egg themed buildings which are pretty and interesting, but I have appreciated the humor attached to them. A lot of thought and effort were put into the new building prizes!

Another thing that I appreciated was the fact that the designers really seemed to take to heart many of the complaints that were written in the forum about last year’s Phoenix event, as well as other events. I was among the many players who complained bitterly and at length that in the events where three Grand Prizes were offered, it was extremely difficult to get the 2nd Grand Prize, and nearly impossible to get the 3rd Grand prize without spending hundreds of dollars on diamonds to do so. This made the special events very frustrating, and discouraged a lot of players from participating in them. However, in this years Phoenix Event, they have made it far more easy to get the 2nd grand prize----I am nearly there already, and there is still many days to go before the event ends. And there is the real possibility of getting the 3rd Grand prize as well.

I was very pleasantly surprised at all the changes the designers made to this new special event. They apparently did take note of the players complaints and dissatisfaction, and took action to solve the problems. In this year’s event, many of the prizes are new buildings, as opposed to repeated old buildings from past events. Those buildings are beautiful and interesting, and have a decent value---as opposed to other daily prizes in previous events that were worth near to nothing. Many of the new quests are easier to finish, and more eggs are appearing in the areas around the city, both of which allow you to collect more “Sky Essence” which lets you get more prizes. There are more “double days” this event. And there is the very real possibility of getting all three Grand Prizes. This makes the event a lot more entertaining and satisfying, it is well worth working on, and yes, spending diamonds on.

I commend the designers for all the changes they made to this event, and for really listening to the concerns of their players. I had previously come to believe that there was no point in posting any observations or concerns in the forum, as it seemed the designers were not paying attention anyway. Well they proved me wrong. I am very much enjoying this year’s Phoenix event, and I am looking forward to similar changes being made to future special events.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@michelelyons
Well said, and I agree with almost all of it, though I did like the winter event better in that if you used double days and really put in the effort you were guaranteed the 3rd GP, instead of having a chance. Personally I'm not going for the set partly due to that(and wells) but I can see how some players that try really hard and then still fail to get all 3 will be upset.

qaccy

I imagine Inno's data reflected lower income from events once it became not only possible, but fairly easy to acquire all grand prizes for free. It's an unfortunate step back towards how things used to be, but at the very least there's no shortage of other stuff that can be won and I imagine the new Wishing Well in particular is going to be quite popular simply because it can produce diamonds (although the KP is a nice possibility as well).

On that note, I hope people don't get false expectations from filling their cities with these buildings and then using the rest of their space for magic buildings using their sudden newfound troves of diamonds. Forge of Empires has a similar building (also called the Wishing Well) which can produce diamonds. It only collects once per day, but produces 50 rather than 10 and it's been (unofficially) documented at a ~1% chance of producing them. If the same rate is applied here, you're looking at around 50 diamonds per year from one of these buildings, and that's if you collect 10 times per week. This is of course a pretty big assumption on the chance of them being produced, but at the very least I don't expect it to be an even 20% split among all 5 possible productions, I expect diamonds to be much rarer than the other 4 options, and I hope others go into trying to obtain them with this expectation in mind as well.

On the other hand, imagine all the extra KP you might be able to get with a bunch of these things...screw pop/culture buildings, I might want to grab as many of these as I can just for the extra KP production! Elvenar has started its journey down the road Forge of Empires embarked on back in 2014...interestingly enough, during its own Easter-themed event of that year. The game is now going to introduce the ability to build a city around KP production, starting with this random-production building. Later on down the road, there will eventually be single buildings that produce KP at a regular interval, like the Tome of Secrets, which can be obtained en masse from events and the snowball. Later building sets will also probably scale up their bonuses to include multiple KP per collection rather than just one, in order to continue to entice players to chase after them and/or replace their older buildings since anyone with KP buildings is not going to tear them down for anything unless it's to replace them with a higher-value KP production.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@qaccy
I don't know about FoE, but the wishing well here (unofficially, according to the game files) has a 10% chance of 10 diamonds 2x a day, which works out to 200 diamonds in its 100 day lifespan. Much more than 50 per year.

qaccy

It expires? Interesting. All I really know about the building is what's displayed on Gems of Knowledge, since it seemingly isn't listed anywhere else currently, and it doesn't mention being limited-duration over there. I had assumed it was permanent, but if it's not then it certainly allows having more favorable outputs. But like I said in my post, I was just drawing a comparison/guessing based on FoE since the parallel looked pretty strong there, but FoE also doesn't have any expiring buildings and this game's already got several.

DeletedUser15025

@SoggyShorts I have a question... If you complete the three grand prizes can you still continue to add essence to try for other prizes? I only need 200 more feathers and would like the time reductions but I don't want to finish if I can't try for the last set building.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
They are killing me! 8 days in a row of 'have to have' prizes :eek: Good thing that only leaves one 'maybe' prize. I'm sure there will be others I want in the 2nd 1/2 of the event but if I make it on the next 6 days I will be a happy camper! :) Big plus is at least if I can't fit all of the set buildings the exact way I want to they are nice stand alone buildings anyway. So far I am really liking this event :D

Last edited:

DeletedUser10868

The "gain a _____ amount" quests should be consistent. For example, sometimes "gain a small amount" is 1 quantity and then another quest comes along and is a different amount needed but is still called "small amount". These amounts, at least when dealing with goods, should be connected to how much we can buy from the wholesaler. A "small" amount of goods should be something like 1 or 2 purchases from the Wholesaler, and then the amount descriptors move on from there. I just did quests 28, 29 and 30, "small amount" quests that would have taken 6 purchases from the Wholesaler on Khelonaar, and 7 purchases from the Wholesaler on Arendyll. Seems off to me.

On another note, Loot Crates suck. On Arendyll and Khelonaar, i did 30 quests and the dailies and have been pretty good about collecting from the city eggs, and I didn't get a single Lighthouse using all of my Sky Essence on the Small Loot Crate in either city! Arendyll i didn't keep track of, Khelonaar i had 590 Essence and was able to do 20 small loot crates. On Arendyll i did a lot more small crates because i kept getting the 50 and 90 Essence prize. On beta, i got 2 of the lighthouse and the pavillion using the same strategy. Now i'm feeling demoralized. I'll keep going in the event, but it feels pretty pointless not being able get at least 1 of each set building. Hopefully the lighthouse will be offered again, because i'm not spending money to gamble on loot crates in any game.

I'm praying they offer the lighthouse a second time too. Placing it on day 2 and then the second set building on day 9 makes it very, very hard to get the full set, because you're going for them right off the bat!

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I'm praying they offer the lighthouse a second time too.
I'm not going for set buildings and don't get the newsletter, so take this with a grain of salt. I am almost sure someone posted it was in the newsletter that both of the daily prize set bldgs will repeat and included the days they will recur.