• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Search results

1. Discussion Elvarian Games discussion

I collected quite a bit more data than I have in the past. I tracked pretty much everything (including each individual pickup EC) and drilled down a bit into the data. If there's any type of analytics anyone would like to see that I haven't already listed below, let me know and I'll put it...
  2. Needing Diamonds too Continue

I just flat-out missed Prosperity Towers, good catch. I hadn't heard of Mausoleum wedding, but I didn't think the Pilgrims Manor Entrance actually needed a connection (since it doesn't produce anything and isn't linked to any other set buildings). Does it not give the pop/culture unless it's on...
  3. Discussion Elvarian Games discussion

Since yesterday morning, I've had 31 pickups total. I've been quite diligent about pickups since the event began, so we can probably consider that a top-line level of pickups. Averaging that out, that means I'm likely looking at ~20 pickups per day. If you get the same amount, that would mean an...
  4. Discussion Elvarian Games discussion

Hah! That's exactly what I'm missing. Thank you for pointing that out, now I can stop being so frustrated :)
  5. Discussion Elvarian Games discussion

EDIT: Don't bother reading this, my mistake (missing the questline artifacts) was pointed out and the numbers are all wrong! My fault for doing math before coffee. So I'm looking at the likelihood of getting 9 relics from the event, and this is what I'm seeing: Quest Currency: 3784 (assumes...
  6. Discussion Elvarian Games discussion

Personally, I'm targeting 4-5 Manta Rays and 6 Crab Hotels. If I can manage it, it'll replace all of my mana sawmills and all of my Blossom Light Post buildings with better per-square values. Doing that should free up enough extra pop to let me complete all max upgrades for Ch15 and look very...
  7. Time Between Events

Excellent point, and one of the things that makes all of these conversations so difficult -- how different the game is based on chapter! If you're in a very early chapter (and especially if you're not a spender, and not in a top FS getting Spire Gold/10+ chests), then it's very likely you'll...
  8. Needing Diamonds too Continue

Slow day at work. Here's another, with all of your buildings upgraded to their new shapes. https://tinyurl.com/32yc82h3
  9. Needing Diamonds too Continue

https://tinyurl.com/6je69ssx Same layout as before, but removes even more roads and also removes your lvl 1 Academy (your 3 level 2 academies can completely satisfy the requirements of all your other buildings easily, so it's not needed at all). This gives you 9 more expansions of free space...
  10. Time Between Events

Sometimes you can -- sometimes you can't. The Lava Egg in the last Phoenix event is a pretty good example of this; it showed up early in the event, and didn't show up again. It was likely the best building in the event, and if you didn't push hard early, you either didn't get any or didn't get...
  11. Chapter 13 - Hmmmm

https://tinyurl.com/44y6j52v Here's a layout I just did for your city. I've eliminated -- wait for it -- 344 roads from your city, and still kept everything connected that needs to be. That means you're getting a free ~14 expansions for your use. This layout can be adjusted a lot to allow you...
  12. Discussion Elvarian Games discussion

I had a question regarding Event quests also -- how are the various "quantity" quest amounts determined? For instance, if it says "Produce a large amount of Standard goods," how does it determine the actual quantity that is needed to complete the quest, for my city? Is it just a set number based...
  13. Discussion Elvarian Games discussion

I'm pretty excited about this event building, although the 'switchable production' aspect of it does seem a bit useless to me. This is a seeds-producer, and using it any other way just strikes me as silly. My numbers for my city (Ch15) look like this: When Producing Seeds: Saves 14 squares...
  14. The Case for the Elf Sorcerer and a few other maligned troops

Yes, absolutely, and this goes back to Soggy's point: The units you train to maximize value will absolutely differ based on your progress level. If you don't even have the ability to train Blossoms, then yes, you're training Buds. What doesn't change, however, is the underlying principles that...
  15. The Case for the Elf Sorcerer and a few other maligned troops

This actually doesn't really matter; your existing squad count doesn't impact the marginal value of each subsequent unit produced in this case. The only way it would is if your unit production exceeds your total possible unit usage (i.e., you can clear Spire and 6* every single Tourney province...
  16. The Case for the Elf Sorcerer and a few other maligned troops

I have to disagree; the game isn't based on balance. This game is extremely unbalanced, and because of that, one of the very best ways to be successful is to identify those imbalances and exploit them. That's what we're really talking about here. The gap between Buds vs Blossoms and between...
  17. The Case for the Elf Sorcerer and a few other maligned troops

I'll preface this by saying that of course, play your game however you want to play it. But I wanted to point out the reason why people would say "don't bother training bud sorceress" -- because you're right, they can be great to use as fodder when you don't want to waste your blossoms. The...
  18. Discussion Sorcerers' Homecoming discussion

Personally, if I can't manage to complete this event set (and it's looking likely that I won't), I'm going to teleport everything back -- even though mathematically the building will still be worth placing, I just don't want to place incomplete sets. I don't like it. I'm not sure how many...
  19. Discussion Sorcerers' Homecoming discussion

Does anyone have any particularly strong opinions about the new Active Crevice building? It looks to me like there's a lot of value there. I haven't done all the math, but it seems that it costs ~5.72 Ch15 Festival Merchants to run a lvl 31 T1 sentient manufactory; those Festival Merchants...
  20. Discussion Sorcerers' Homecoming discussion

I have to say, I'm pretty excited about the new set building. I definitely understand folks not being enamored with it providing T1 goods (especially folks in later chapters), but it seems to me that the sheer quantity we're getting provides a boatload of value -- especially for anyone who's not...