• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Search results

1. Katwick

Idioms ~

If at first you don't succeed Suck again!
  2. Katwick

Cauldrons 101

Plus, if you have ONE good Recipe, you actually have TWELVE good recipes. Everything iterates one position, but a reliable Recipe will work everywhere.
  3. Katwick

Idioms ~

A bad Penny always returns
  4. Katwick

Did you know this about expiring production building?

Not quite on the mark, but AFTER the building has expired, you can find it on the Move/Sell map without the Buildings showing. The expired building has a transparent GREY base. At least in the Android mobile version.
  5. Katwick

Discussion The Cauldron - Discussion Thread

You're looking for https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=The_Cauldron#Potion_Effects_Overview Once you reach chapter 5, which is where the Cauldron Tech is located, you'll get ONE Diploma for each Chapter for which you have completed all of the Techs.
  6. Katwick

Cauldrons 101

SOLVERS Briefly stated, here's how a Solver works: The user sets an objective. In our case we want to MAXIMIZE one or more effects The user indicates what can be varied to obtain that effect, which in our case is the addition of Herbs The user sets some constraints, which in our case (the...
  7. Katwick

Cauldrons 101

But far better, as understanding this stuff is the entire point, there are very few simple solutions to complex problems.
  8. Katwick

Cauldrons 101

If you want to follow along, you can access, or even copy, a recent Google Sheet at Cauldrons 101 Window Dressing Early Beta - Katwick 2023C13 The Recipe Space is VERY SYMMETRICAL If you ever want to have fun designing Cauldron Recipes, you'll need to have a good feel for how the Recipe Space...
  9. Katwick

Cauldrons 101

This post is a quick and dirty look at a validation recipe, which is what we used to corner the two Recipe Space anomalies. It's also useful if you've accidently clobbered your spreadsheet, and have to figure out what you messed up. Cell E18 has a -2, rather than the patterned -1 (like the cell...
  10. Katwick

Discussion The Cauldron - Discussion Thread

Only if you're willing to throw Diamonds at some of the Ingredients each week, because each week 4 of the 12 Ingredients "aren't fresh." The other answer is that there are 12 different effects, and you won't want the same effect each week, forever, regardless of your level. That said, it's not...
  11. Katwick

Poaching of players should be banned

Folks can opt-in for promotional emails from Elvenar, so a similar communication from your Fellowship would fall in the same bucket. I'm NOT suggesting routine Fellowship emails, because we have Fellowship Chat for that (such as it is.}
  12. Katwick

Cauldrons 101

I've got the Google Sheets Solver working, and I'm getting some interesting results. My standard recipe format will be changing to the following, for each Diploma Level aka Effect. The model works the same whether you use Witch Points or Diamonds, and I'll eventually add an occasional...
  13. Katwick

Cauldrons 101

Weekly Recipes 200 Million is still a fairly large number, so the optimized recipes are not going to be repetitive. Two Weekly DIAMOND recipes for each effect will set up the more interesting Optimized NON-DIAMOND recipes. We'll try to post our analysis at the beginning of each week. For each...
  14. Katwick

That sounds like a Marriage, not a Fellowship. :confused:
  15. Katwick

Welcome CMs

Gee, I thought maybe we could throw them into the pool, so that they could show us how well they can swim! ;)
  16. Katwick

Welcome CMs

:supply::kp::diamond::elf::human::culture::marble::steel::plank::silk::crystal::scroll::elixir::magicdust::gem:Following up on some old business. You can use BBCODE Emojis in the forum.:coin: Could you guys come up with a full set of Effect emojis for the Cauldron?
  17. Katwick

Cauldrons 101

Cauldron Solver Design Basis - Katwick 2023C08 Upper Left: The recipe solver spreadsheet shall be a single Google Sheet (no tabs) The leftmost section shall be the staggered Value/Function tool that has already been introduced. Lower Left: Below the recipe space is a convenient place for...
  18. Katwick

Cauldrons 101

"Everybody Knows" that your weekly Witch Point allotment is determined by the running total product of Number of Techs*Chapter Number, but I couldn't find a list anywhere. So I got to try out my new Touchscreen Monitor! My in-game Brewery shows 1715, and I've completed 13 of the Techs in...
  19. Katwick

Cauldrons 101

Would you prefer to drive a Sports Car, or ride the Bus?
  20. Katwick

Please reassure me that your "way more" discarded the Solo Fellowships, that are used by folks who are ... wait for it .... soloing.