• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Search results

1. Hybrid City

The often overlooked secondary effect of the Martial Monastery / Sanctuary is the absolute immense culture umbrella it opens for your city as it grows --- scales up based on a % of required culture and level of the wonder, topping out at 40% of the total required culture of your city. Sadly...
  2. The Cauldron is complete garbage... Change my mind!

I think this was already answered -- but it is additive, not multiplied. Going from 215 to 243% supplies is significant any way you look at it I think, if you have the time to take advantage of the bonus. I made good use of it with a bear blitz training up a bunch of troops, for example.
  3. The Cauldron is complete garbage... Change my mind!

It's a lot of fun when you get, without adding fragments or diamonds, and only using surplus goods to level things up ... a friendly Hedge Witch that blesses you with a 28% supplies boost lasting 22 hours, on top of a 215% culture bonus.....
  4. Discussion The Cauldron - Discussion Thread

When you unlock the Cauldron tech and click on your first active normal quest line box, the mini quest for the cauldron cycle starts up -- those are not repeatable. Some spell fragments, KP, combine catalyst, and 80 diamonds for the last one of the bunch. These replace the normal cycled quest...
  5. Discussion The Cauldron - Discussion Thread

You can decline / pass on the cauldron quests if you don't want the spell fragments or diamonds and it reverts to the usual cycling quests after the 80 diamonds quest.
  6. Autumn Zodiac 2022

Thanks very much for the details :)
  7. Autumn Zodiac 2022

Yes, I read the event description and prize / reward information I could find. None of which ever got into much specific detail other than I knew it was a switchable production (not a fan of those since they have started using them) and that quantity / type of production would vary depending on...
  8. Autumn Zodiac 2022

I'm confused as to what the raccoon prize actually does. How long a feeding lasts and what exactly feeding it accomplishes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  9. A Gateway into the Past - Discussion

Absolutely abhor this event already. Full Stop.
  10. Interesting Psychological Dilemma

I'm pretty accommodating for smaller cities in my fellowship with trade goods. Especially if they are needed for Spire or research / particularly powerful upgrades (wonders mostly, sometimes the military training buildings). After a while -- these smaller cities grow and learn what they can /...
  11. Overscouting Good/Bad/neutral

I am for sure in the "no such thing as over scouting" category, with a few caveats: My play style is glacial, I enjoy the slow pace and working on my own wonders and helping my fellows. I don't always *clear* the scouted provinces -- many of them lay dormant for events, especially on my...
  12. Dilemma! Phoenix or Magic Upgrades

Stage 9 for the Fire Phoenix is a very critical spot, if I recall. That is when it produces 5% Portal Profit spells every 48 hours..... (in addition to the usual goodies)
  13. Tournament Changes

Spending diamonds to cycle the crafting options to get desired battle huts / timers / supply instants could be a possibility as well. Expensive (relative to one's disposable income and then choosing to use a portion of that income for entertainment), but I suppose "sustainable" if one chooses...
  14. Nope FA Not PvP

One reason I play Elvenar -- is *BECAUSE* is is not PvP.
  15. Posterity Tower or Blooming Trader Guild?

I have a small city I started up to try some new strategies. One approach I am taking with it -- is to *not* build the Mountain Halls. The goods bonus applies to the base production only, not after any other bonuses are earned. Even at greater than 700%, it is a pretty small amount in the grand...
  16. Vallorian Valor & Grounds of the Orc Strategist

One tactic you can use, no matter how big your queue may be === adjust how many troops you train with the slider bar, at the bottom of the training window. It should default to a full stack / however many supplies you have available, but you can decrease it manually. Sometimes this is useful...
  17. Best AWs with new tournament changes

Just the military wonders that I am familiar with and not including Simia, since that comes much farther down the line. Much of this echoes what has already been stated. Monastery (or Sanctuary for the inferior human cities), with Needles and Bulwark a bit further back on the gotta have it list...
  18. Deleting Shrewdy Shrooms

Deleting Shrooms also removes a source of free archers, maybe not a huge difference, but it is something to consider.
  19. Tournament Changes - Community Feedback and Data

This has been my first exposure to the new format (not a Beta player, just read the forums there). Leading off with the tier 1 group, it will not be a good representative sampling yet -- since there is only one "primary" enemy type each week, according to data gathered and confirmed pretty...
  20. Mystery of the Misty Forest Event discussion thread

Are the amount of cats on the initial forest the same or random?