• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Search results

1. Kataphractos

Defensive Stance

Details: In combat, a unit can skip its turn with the "End Turn" button. But there is no advantage to doing this. I propose replacing End Turn with "Defensive Stance" -- or "Hold Steady", or some similar phrase -- which grants the unit a 5-10% defense bonus for remaining in place. Benefits...
  2. Kataphractos

Accuracy of Elvengems tournament pages

I know the Elvengems website has been having trouble keeping up with Elvenar's changes for the past year or two. The tournament information seems to be especially out-of-date: I'm not seeing the enemies Elvengems says I should. I found a post from June of this year here by Samidodamage which...
  3. Kataphractos

Wonder upgrade strategy

Do you prefer to get all your Wonders to roughly the same level? Or do you upgrade one first, and then work on a second, a third, and so on?
  4. Kataphractos

Monopteros animation

Is the Monopteros building supposed to have an animation? I don't think this is a bug, so I'm asking here instead of in Bug Reporting. But I wanted to make sure. The effect of seeing the two tiny people inside frozen in place, while almost everything else in town is moving around, is a bit strange.
  5. Kataphractos

"The Weeklies" are recruiting!

We are a fair-trade fellowship, currently seeking players in Chapters 3 through 6, who can commit to playing once or twice a week. (More often is appreciated, but absolutely not mandatory.) To review our fellowship rules, look for us in Sinya Arda, or contact me by replying to this thread. We...
  6. Kataphractos

"The Weeklies" are recruiting!

We are a fair-trade fellowship, currently seeking players in Chapters 3 through 6, who can commit to playing once or twice a week. (More often is appreciated, but absolutely not mandatory.) To review our fellowship rules, look for us in Sinya Arda, or contact me by replying to this thread. We...
  7. Kataphractos

Diaper Progress

With player dissatisfaction at its highest point in 2019 -- and possibly an all-time high -- I thought it might be useful to review the "diaper manifesto" written by retired player SoggyShorts in July. (I've taken the liberty of combining his points into a single list, since I lack Soggy's...
  8. Kataphractos

Switching to the old background

So if I'm reading "News from Beta" correctly, there's now a second mer-person-themed event slated for early August, which I assume means we're keeping the new "flooded" background for the rest of the summer. Is the background ever going to return to what it was before Queen of the Seas, or will...
  9. Kataphractos

It's another FA thread!

So the Fellowship Adventures are back! I've got a new Fellowship, full of new players. We've written off this Adventure, but several of our members are interested in doing the next one. Now by the time it rolls around, I expect most of us will be in Chapter 3 or 4, with a few Chapter 2s. About...
  10. Kataphractos

The Weeklies

Carving out a niche for the overworked, the inexperienced, and other "filthy casuals". Rules: - Visit each member at least once a week; notify the Archmage if you will be absent for a week or more. - Participate at least once in each Tournament. - Have a Trader, and make only 2- or 3-star...
  11. Kataphractos

Hello Immigrant from FoE

Hello! I heard about this game through Forge of Empires, and I've been playing since the end of the "Autumn Ascending" event. (Not exactly the ideal time to start, but that's okay.) It seems a lot less time-intensive than FoE, which fits better with my life right now. We'll see how this goes!