• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Search results

1. Gkyr

Another Strategy to Save the Forum

click on your own player rank on the upper left of your city screen. move the list down to the players way down on the list, but >0. message them: copy and paste the following text, or make up your own: Please join the forum. Please go to: us.forum.elvenar.com Why? Your registration will help...
  2. Gkyr

Brief Note on Dust Tourney battles

The lineup of all of the provinces opposition troops seems to have changed recently making detailed advice on the simpler tournies (marble through planks) somewhat moot. The character of the terrain of each tourney, however, seems not to have changed. The Dust tourney's terrain is one of the...
  3. Gkyr

Does Selling AWs Decrease Battle Difficulty?

Purpose: This thread hopes to consolidate discussions by reference and (hopefully) encourage experiments to determine whether or not selling off Ancient Wonder (AW) points will decrease the CAL-modulated difficulty of fighting in Spire and Tourney. Gamers have asked about this. Background: The...
  4. Gkyr

Chapter 16 : Batch the Amendments and Save Tiles.

The main point of this is, the need for Dwarven Amendments (DA) and Fairy Amendments (FA) are not symmetrically positioned in the tech tree. It is suggested at some point to site more beer halls, then to sell them and replace them with tea houses. After the tea houses accumulate a mass of FA...
  5. Gkyr

Dust has changed

As a manual fighter, I have been noting the composition of the tourney opposition. I have found that the current Dust tourney (Feb 2023) contains considerably more battlefield obstructions than previous Dust tournies, where obstructions were very stark. Also, the opposing squads composition...
  6. Gkyr

Are battlefields the same for everyone? (Ans: NO).

Perhaps this is only possible for laptop users... UPDATE #2: Battlefield layouts are not similar or predictable for corresponding cities. Posting round 1 of province 27 of the current (silk) tourney for comparison. Let me know if your battlefield obstructions are the same. (Incidentally my CAL...
  7. Gkyr

Inno Forces Cauldron

Just now clicking on the tech tree positions me into chapter 5 at the unfilled Cauldron stage. Elvenar has a lot of resources and accumulations to juggle and I do not want to add the Cauldron to my gaming. Problem is, all of my current tech stages in my chapter 16 are greyed out and unavailable...
  8. Gkyr

Steel Tournament: Advanced Battle Tactics

This post is to help Elves get over a defeat that stands in the way of progress in the Steel Tourney. Battle difficulty does not increase uniformly. The numeric ratios may increase from Tourney round to round and from Tourney province to province but success is a matter of habitual lineup...
  9. Gkyr

Are we able or unable to rescind AW levels?

This question comes up from time to time but no matter where it comes up I have not seen an answer from a gamer with knowledge: Total AW levels are fed into the CAL for tourney and spire but if we sell an AW (classic case is outgrowing an EE) do those levels disappear from the CALculations or...
  10. Gkyr

What is the Algebra of Culture Bonus?

I have never paid much attention to culture bonuses but now that I have maxxed out my military AWs (except FA. Don't have, don't want) I am starting to work on the resource strategy that maximizes the wholesaler resources. So the Lighthouse of Good Neighborhood increases the EE spell duration...
  11. Gkyr

Deep-fried turkey

It is a little late to be posting this, so bookmark it for next year. If you like to cook and Thanksgiving has become a formulaic drag, consider doing deep-fried turkey next year. When your family has expectations that this dish or that dish must be present, they are almost always side-dishes...
  12. Gkyr

elvenstats.com seems to quit tournaments early

First off: elvenstats.com is not part of Inno. Next: elvenstats.com is a website that is good, helpful and useful. I am reporting this here because many Elvenar gamers rely upon elvenstats. For the past two Tournies (Steel ending Nov 12 2022 and Planks ending Nov 19 2022) the points that I...
  13. Gkyr

It's only right

Mastodon should change its name to Muskox.
  14. Gkyr

Not a Bug but a Typo

@Astram : In the Wiki in the expanded grid for the BTG the benefits column for the Wholesaler increase starts at 60% and goes up to 500% at lvl 30. It should start at 160% and all subsequent cells be raised by 100%. Does this mean that the max is 600%?
  15. Gkyr

Provide a thumbnail of the battlefield on the encounter window.

Current situation: when one opens an encounter in the map view, the spire, or the tourney, one gets an encounter window that is essentially the same for all encounters. It has the convincing/negotiating/catering choices grouped on the left and the shady characters battle queue on the right. My...
  16. Gkyr

This week's Gems tournament.

This week's Gems tournament is a good example of the terrain obstacles after terrain obstacles in all provinces that are characteristic of this tourney, if you look before you fight. For autofighters this tourney may be easier than dust since the obstacles can keep the opposing melee units from...
  17. Gkyr

Advising Newbies to be Careful with Expansions

City expansions are the strongest determinant on how costly it is/will be to fight or negotiate your way up the Spire or through the rounds of the Tournaments. How far you have progressed in the game chapters is also a determinant of costliness but, for comparison, progressing all the way...
  18. Gkyr

A brief note on the different Tourney series

First I would like to open by reproducing the succinct new Tourney opposing troop probabilities originally offered by @samidodamage (thank you, samidodamage): The higher probability enemy units by tourney now are: Marble: Heavy Melee Steel: Mage Planks: Light Range Crystal: Mage & Heavy Ranged...
  19. Gkyr

Please embed links to all 3 squad training buildings in the Army Camp screen

Proposal: There are three icons representing the three squad training buildings arranged in a column on the left of the Army Camp window. For easier switching from one training building to another, please embed a link in each icon that can be clicked to go to the corresponding building's...
  20. Gkyr

Mist Walkers vs. Dryads, dependable or not?

There is a lot of discussion about using a Dryad as cannon fodder because they often invite an attack from Mist Walkers. To be fair, I informed a senior member of my FS about this and a little while later they messaged back, very effusive about what good advice that was. Because of that I...