• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Search results

1. Maplestone

Feedback Ads Feedback thread

Thank you to the elvenar team for these past few years of entertainment. I know I haven't been a very profitable customer to have but I have enjoyed my time in your world and wish you all the best for the future. Alas, 3rd party ads are a personal red line, so I must bow out.
  2. Maplestone

Blocking

Just send them my way. You're all welcome to come party in my wonderland.
  3. Maplestone

Poaching of players should be banned

People are free to attempt to poach from my Fellowship. I have absolute confidence that nobody will ever desert me. (I have a solo Felllowship)
  4. Maplestone

Silver league

This was a brutal event for me. I didn't get a single reward of bonus scrolls for the entire thing and didn't realize I had fallen behind the pace until the last few days. I really wanted the fully evolved building, so reluctantly dipped in my diamond savings. Fortunately, got some of it back...
  5. Maplestone

To build them all or not to build. Ancient Wonders

I started playing with three rules: 1. single city 2. solo fellowship 3. all wonders must be built I wasn't expecting to still be playing at this point, but I'm slowly crawling my way through chapter 16 on a minimalist squeezed-in guest setup and I've got clear sailing to the end (it won't be...
  6. Maplestone

How often do you release players from your fellowship?

Never. But since I'm the only person in my Fellowship, it would be hard to let anyone go.
  7. Maplestone

A Gateway into the Past - Discussion

That was a pretty brutal event. Did every quest, collected almost every chip on the map, fed my aging phoenix ... still finished much closer to falling into iron than climbing into silver. Made one mistake early on rerolling a partially matched offer without realizing the consequences, but...
  8. Maplestone

Something's Odd About Those Sorcerers and Dragons

Fraternity/sorority prank project: animate a statue and see if you can sneak it through the entrance exams. Twist: it ends up passing the exams on ts own merit.
  9. Maplestone

The Nothing is coming for me

Ultimately someone has to be at the edge, so I'll take my fair turn. My trades are picked up quickly no matter how much I post, so I'm in no rush to move. I'm just amused by the existential dread. I feel watching the edge draw near.
  10. Maplestone

The Nothing is coming for me

Since the last great migration earlier this year, my city has been in a comfortable and peaceful land. My citizens have been well fed, the merchants busy counting coin, the orcs industrious the lumber mills churning away with great efficiently and the scouts slowly expanding the frontier of our...
  11. Maplestone

Rune Shard changes

I have 5 wonders upgrading at the moment, so I'm happy. (ok, I have a tiny bit of anxiety about what this will do to the costs of tournament/spire by the time I'm done, but it should still be a net win when the dust settles)
  12. Maplestone

Forbidden Ruins Discussion Thread

My luck finally run out. In the end it wasn't even close: 238, 22 short, so at least I was spared any agonizing nail-biting at the end. Still, I think I'll sulk for a little while. (edit: because of some insomnia, eeked out an extra +2 for 240)
  13. Maplestone

Wizard spell shop

Fair point, fair point. *ponders possible rationalizations* Well you see the big flashy enchantments we mage lords throw on whole buildings really are the exception. The average citizen can only afford a few home and garden cantrips. But still, having an establishment that provides these...
  14. Maplestone

Update v1.146

Yikes. At least I got an expansion out of it before the nerfhammer hit.
  15. Maplestone

Wizard spell shop

To gain pop and culture? ( sometimes its better or easier than adding an extra house for getting past a population bottleneck; one nice thing is that the event pop/culture buildings usually don't need a road so they can often fill an awkward nook in a city plan until the next redesign )
  16. Maplestone

Poachers, Punters & Pretty Pleasers

Oops, I take it this is one of those recurring conversations that's already well-explored? (I'm still new here)
  17. Maplestone

Poachers, Punters & Pretty Pleasers

Alas, my world does not appear to intersect your presences. I added a few KP to a neighbour early in my Elvenar journey, then the next day stumbled upon a discussion where someone seemed to be complaining about uninvited donors messing up their group's system. It has made me very shy of...
  18. Maplestone

Scouting time needed after Province XXX

One possibility would be to introduce an a new weekly tournament-like event that involves scouting a temporary island, so that you would have an alternative "scouting" activity for event quests and wonder triggers.
  19. Maplestone

Most people cater...

My original plan when I started playing a year ago was to be a pure pacifist and do no combat. But I quickly ran into some quests that asked me to fight and at the time I didn't know the consequences of avoiding a quest, so I gave up the dream. Over time, I found a mixed strategy felt more...
  20. Maplestone

100% Spire!! All 25 made it!

Well, it's easier wrestle RNG when it's "guy" rather than "guys" (running joke about the fact that I'm an eccentric Fellowship of one)