• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Search results

1. JackofShadows

magic chess set

Getting the nearly complete Library so early is a huge boon for you. I still need that one last piece for mine - and I have friends further along who still need multiple pieces. Question - do you intend to spend the RRs to keep your ML updated? Either way, what's the reasoning behind your...
  2. JackofShadows

This is hard to watch

On average, I think I get a diamond offer about once a week. I feel like I get them more often on mobile than on PC, but that's just a feeling- don't take it as gospel.
  3. JackofShadows

What Makes a Good Archmage?

As far as I can tell, Elvenstats is no longer being actively updated. The copyright at the bottom says 2020. The last News update was 2021. I suspect it's on autopilot as far as pulling data from Elvenar's servers. And if Inno ever changes their API, the site will crash. I hazard a...
  4. JackofShadows

started a new city

I politely disagree. New players are unlikely to see this thread because - unless someone links it to them on Discord, or they're lucky enough to get in a FS that peruses the forums, there's no way for them to find it. This thread, however, is extremely helpful for established players who -...
  5. JackofShadows

An Interesting Case of Spire Catering

If I do the entire Spire in one session (and I don't recommend this for various reasons), I have noticed that I tend to get the same rewards over and over. I got 4 artifacts from one Spire once. I have a friend who has twice got 3 artifacts just doing the first boss. I'd be interested to...
  6. JackofShadows

This is hard to watch

Yanking the thread back on topic: I wholeheartedly agree with @Myne about the changes hurting smaller cities. Cities that don't have the Spire, or don't have the resources to climb it to the top consistently are going to find themselves hurting for fragments. Cities in smaller fellowships...
  7. JackofShadows

Feedback Quick and Dirty Summary of Ancient Wonder Changes

I see. Nice reference to Animal Farm, by the way. In this case, we have the condition of scarcity imposed on the society (player base) from outside (Inno) thus artificially creating lords and peasants. And history tells us that such situations rarely end well for anyone.
  8. JackofShadows

Perhaps I wasn't clear in my post, but that 7 weeks figure already assumes that I top the Spire every week and get 12K SFs from so doing. It also assumes 1K fragments per day spent in crafting, which I believe to be quite reasonable. so a net of 5K fragments per week for upgrading wonders.
  9. JackofShadows

Upthread - context is in regards to how many SFs the Spire gives (14K approx): Is it "perfect" or is it "scarcity". It cannot be both.
  10. JackofShadows

@TimeMachine - I gave a breakdown of what I'm looking at for my AW upgrades in my previous post. Under the old cost structure, I could afford to upgrade an AW every 2-3 weeks. Doing at least 10 chests in the tourney weekly generated plenty of relics. Now I'm looking at 7 weeks to upgrade 2...
  11. JackofShadows

That's your personal experience. Here's my personal experience to counter yours: My GA will take 18K fragments to upgrade. Assuming I get 12K / week from the Spire and spend 1K / day on crafting (leaving me with 5K / week to upgrade), it will take me 4 weeks to accumulate the fragments to...
  12. JackofShadows

Forum Yea or Nea for Forum vs Discord

IMHO it's impossible to have real discussions on Discord because Discord doesn't thread worth diddly-squat. It's just a glorified chatroom. Where Discord shines is the voice channels - the ability to talk to people in real time and coordinate with them. Many MMO players use Discord for...
  13. JackofShadows

What Makes a Good Archmage?

I would add this: Have your participation requirements laid out in writing and make sure new recruits read and understand them. And bear in mind that a player who is new to the game won't truly understand them until they've played the game for a bit.
  14. JackofShadows

Players Leaving?

Have had several people leave my FS recently specifically because of these changes. One player's culture rate dropped overnight to a negative in the MILLIONS. I would quit too, had I been that badly screwed over. HOW is one supposed to recover from that big a hit?
  15. JackofShadows

Players Leaving?

Casual players / Fellowships are, IMHO, going to become non-viable fairly quickly. Am ALSO wondering - with SFs now needed for AW upgrades - how are players supposed to do the crafting necessary to get VVs for event quests?
  16. JackofShadows

News from Discord - May Contain Info!

It sounds to me like they wanted to make it harder for a Fellowship to accelerate a new player's AWs. It used to be that the FS could dump KP to fill the bar, and then do lopsided trades to the new player to give them any necessary goods for the upgrades. By the time AWs were opened and the...
  17. JackofShadows

City What if we could frag our leftover guest race goods??

Yanking the thread back on topic - the reason they won't do that is because of what that one player said - people would park in guest races and just create / defrag guest race goods. What they could do is add SFs to the quest reward where you sell the portal for the preceding chapter's guest...
  18. JackofShadows

City What if we could frag our leftover guest race goods??

One thing I haven't seen mentioned on the various threads about the effects of the change is the cost of upgrading existing buildings when you advance a chapter. Fire Phoenix takes 16 RRs as do a majority of the evolving event buildings. Polar Bear takes 9, so does Tinlug and Brown Bear...
  19. JackofShadows

smaller city cannot upgrade wonders

Being able to play casually was one of the things I liked about Elvenar. Now, as you say, it's almost a job. Spire and tourney are pretty much mandatory because you can't build AWs without them. That means that you have to join a Fellowship - and not just any Fellowship, but an established...
  20. JackofShadows

smaller city cannot upgrade wonders

Helping new cities just got a lot harder. I think around chapter IV - V, many new players will hit a wall and quit the game. That's when they have everything unlocked. And that's when they realize that they're going to have to do tourney and Spire every week in order to continue advancing...