• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Search results

1. The Challenge of Not Spending $$$

I have spent money here in the past, but I stopped when premium expansions shot up in price ... I laugh when they have a 10%-off sale on expansions, it'd have to be more like 80%-off for me to be interested. ($50 on one expansion here to squeeze a building or two more into my city ? Or $50 to...
  2. Comparison of FA3 & FA 4 (stats)

Just in case it's useful, here's the stats from Beta world (ZZ1) from FA4 : 7200+ : 27 3300+ : 31 1100+ : 37 (that is, only 95 FS in total made 1100 or more points in FA4 ... )
  3. (Spoilers) Snow Flurry Event Guide

Well, thanks to this guide, I reached the end of the 100 quests in all 4 of my cities - the largest was the last to finish, thanks to the 2 day+ scouting times :) (and a few mis-swipes which picked up spells or 2-day productions too soon :mad:) All my cities reached the second major prize...
  4. How much factory space do you have?

Answering for 4 cities here - all are in Woodelves era, all have boosted factories only. EN1 city has had a number of premium expansions, US1 has 4, the other two none. Also, only the EN2 city is in the "right" area for conquered provinces (just over 190), the others have 270ish (US1/ZZ1) or...
  5. Advance Scouting Tech

I've been playing this game since June 2015 (on EN1, July 2015 for Beta & US1), and what you have repeatedly failed to address is that we were never told not to "over-scout" or "over-conquer" until the last few months and the new battle system. To the contrary, given the rewards for scouting...
  6. Culture Buildings...

Just to add to the above reply - culture buildings can't be upgraded as such, but they can be sold, and then replaced by a different building. e.g. in my city I recently sold my "Pond of Recreation" buildings (which give 123 culture / square), and built "Campfire BBQ" instead (145...
  7. Release Notes version 1.15

I've seen the battle update on Beta, and my thought : This change should not be released on the live servers yet, because it is not complete. Issues: 1. Early players are having difficulty winning any fights 2. Mid-game players are having difficulty winning any fights 3. Advanced players are...
  8. Make Runes NON-TYPED

For a wonder which hasn't been built, with a full rune wheel, it is not possible to break more shards on that AW. (I think this has come up before in discussions about AWs, can you update your "standard answer" for rune shards to take this into account ... )
  9. Inno PLEASE RESPOND abt Mercenary Camp

Thirded ! I've asked on a few of the release note discussion threads, and had no useful information in return.
  10. runes

... more nit-picking - an empty Broken Shard bar costs 200 diamonds to fill/forge a slot, ie. $1.45 - so level 1 is $13.05. The cost in diamonds to complete the bar goes down as you accumulate broken shards. (also, if you don't buy the $80 pack, and get $20/2400 diamonds instead, it costs $15 ...)
  11. Tournaments: Costs and Benefits

My experience was similar - ended up 21st, with 19 provinces at least level 1, only 12 up to level 4 though. Level 5 was impossible for me between the timezone (Australia here) and work/children/life. Used autofight for 95% of the encounters, and mostly 5xGranite Golems (maybe 4x + 1xSorc III)...
  12. Magic Academy and Spell feedback

Ahhh, got it. Don't think I could play that way (either way), I'm playing four worlds and have two small children and a full-time job :) ... so apparently I'm leaning more towards Katwijk-style minimal-clicks playing :)
  13. Magic Academy and Spell feedback

... sorry, none of those words needs an apostrophe, and it's really bugging me when reading your posts :) Hang on ... you run 10 manufactories of each boosted good ... with only 8 workshops ? How on earth do you manage that ? (for comparison, I have 5xT1, 5xT2 and 6xT3 manufactories on EN1...
  14. Fairy Silk Research

This was marked "Not a bug" when reported in Beta : https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/fairy-silk-manufactory-needs-additional-technology-compared-to-crystal-scroll-manufactory.4466/ ... I think I saw somewhere else that the intention is that silk is "special" for Fairies, the...
  15. Neighborly/Guild Help Interface Overhaul

The problem with neighbourly help is that it doesn't scale well. By that, I mean it's fine at the start of the game, and it's tolerable for a while after that, but eventually the cost (in time and clicking) makes it too much to bother with. A full round of help takes 15-20 minutes for one of...
  16. What is your production boost?

My boosts: EN2 (Winyandor / Elves): Planks 303%, Silk 303%, Magic Dust 303% - one wonder (level 2 Crystal Lighthouse). ZZ1 (Beta1 / Humans): Marble 391%, Silk 401%, Gems 422% (with level 3 Sanctuary, and level 1 Mountain Halls, so actual boosts are 381/391/412) US1 (Arendyll / Elves): Planks...
  17. Show province distance from city

Yes, this would be very useful !
  18. Workshops should score higher

Ooof. I hadn't considered roads at all, I figured that was "too hard" :) ... and now you've got me working out how to add it to the spreadsheet :) Back to culture calculation - yes, using the highest non-premium building, 96/square from the Temple of Holy Fire. (I figure many players who are...
  19. Workshops should score higher

With 96 culture/square : Planks level 19, 46.8 points/square. Marble 19, 45.74. Elixir 15, 45.49. Steel 19, 44.54. Magic Dust 15, 44.4. Crystal, 43.75. Gems 15, 43.2. Silk, 42.62. Scrolls, 41.39. Armory 17, 37.5. Workshop 17, 34.8. The total footprint is : Squares for the...
  20. Workshops should score higher

To put a figure on how much difference being "self-sufficient" in supplies makes to score : On the EN1 (International - Arendyll) server, I decided to not rely on repeatable quests or supplies from neighbour help (just fellowship help). I have the full 9x9 grid filled now, and 19 workshops, to...