• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

1 KP contributions - really sad

MirandaZink

I just wanted to post this because frankly I find it pathetic that senior players in this game are trolling around putting in 1 KP into Ancient Wonders in hopes that you don't see it so they get a chest for ZERO real help.

You might want to alert your FS's to really look at their contribution list and if they see this going on your FS add help so that "cheaters" don't get away with this.

Sad to see what I deem as "cheaters" taking advantage of a flaw in the system.

MirandaZink

Nope - no anger here. And yes people around me who visit me do contribute a few points here and there. This issue is specifically for a couple of people in the top 10 FS who have not reached me and do not visit me BUT they are placing one point into wonders. You don't have to discover someone to do that.

Go out in the world around you and try it right now. Go out further than what you have discovered and visit that person. You can open their AW and put in a point. That's what's happening. It's called trolling for free help chests if you don't pay attention.

Thistleknot

This is not cheating. This is really a risk versus reward scenario. I'm giving you a single KP in hopes that others do not give more so that I get a nice reward. Nothing wrong with this. And easily remedied if you are in a fellowship. Just send out a email stating something like:

"About to finish my AW and have multiple spots open. Please contribute so that the outsider that put 1 KP in won't get any rewards. Thanks."

If no one else is contributing to that AW, then the person that donated a single KP should get the reward.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
When I'm tech locked I sometimes also go to a neighbor who's been really good about trading and drop in 1-2 kp. Especially for those larger players that have discovered me, but I have not yet discovered, so I can't visit or anything. I'm with shimmerfly, just confused as to why this is cheating? Details of when it's cheating and when it's not would be helpful.
Sorry, posted without seeing the 2 posts above me. I think Thistleknot's suggestion would work if it's becoming a big issue for you. Most often, my 1-2 kp is not enough to qualify me for any rewards, especially if the person is in an FS with a kp swap program.

MirandaZink

And we can agree to disagree - nope, not complaining about a free KP. I just think that someone who is ranked in the top 100 doesn't need to be a troll. That's my opinion and others can have theirs.

And we do send out the word about 50 points to go so we push the 1 KP person out of the reward.

I just posted it to open it up to discussion outside of our FS to see what others think which is what the forum is for, right? :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
A top FS player is probably stuck with nowhere to put their KP. they might put 1 kp into each of a hundred wonders, and only get something back on a dozen of them. They are not necessarily trying to hijack anything. When I stopped playing an extra city, I start logging in once every two or three weeks and putting kp into random cities on the map. Even if I got the "prize" I lost a week's worth of kp in between, so it's not like I was getting ahead. If you don't want them to do it, you could try a PM saying "Please don't put kp into my wonders." instead of assuming they're trying to rip someone off.

Otherwise, for your consideration, my group runs a very active swap, so it's hard to get a prize off any of our AWs for less than 20 or 30 kp for the smallest prize. Anyone who's actually looking to scoop is going to have to pay more than they get back.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I just always put in chat that I will be upgrading later that day and there are chests available. I mention it if someone I don't know only puts 1 or a few. My FS members are my priority and I like to see them grow. I also have 1 or 2 people I don't know who contribute larger quantities which I greatly appreciate but I don't feel obligated if it isn't one I want to upgrade yet. The way I see it every KP is a help so no big deal.

ekarat

I think it's perfectly legitimate to put in 1 KP -- I'd rather they get a reward than nobody get it because the slot wasn't filled.

And if you don't like it, then go ahead and put 1 KP in each of my AWs. Go on, I dare you! That'll teach me a lesson! How dare someone give me free KP!

Actually, now that I think about it, I believe the problem is the attitude that something is wrong when a neighbor gets rewards. The rules of the game give neighbors just as much right to rewards as fellowship members.

Last edited by a moderator:

qaccy

Others have already said it really. Every KP someone else puts in is KP you don't have to.

Honestly this post sounds a lot like what Forge of Empires has turned into with their version of AWs (which are far, FAR more rewarding relative to their cost). The expectation over there has gradually turned into 'nobody is ever allowed to receive a reward that's worth more than they donated', which means the greed of donators has been superceded by the greed of the ones who own the buildings being donated to. Which is worse, really?

MirandaZink

The rules of the game give neighbors just as much right to rewards

So just to be clear, you don't have to be my neighbor. You can go anywhere on the map whether or not you have discovered that person and drop in KPs. I wasn't talking about people around me who I visit and help that I've discovered. If I have an few extras while I'm out in the world visiting I drop them in but those folks "know me".

Go out there and try it now . . . go visit someone you haven't discovered. Their AW is open to you helping it.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
go visit someone you haven't discovered. Their AW is open to you helping it

I do understand that.
So, if someone makes a signature for me on the forum, since we are nowhere near each other on the map, I shouldn't be able to go drop a couple kp in one of their AW's?
Or, I go looking around a forum veteran's city that's talking with me about some specific question I have about play choices. I'm playing around planning for the next chapter because I'm tech locked right now. While I'm there, I drop a couple kp in a wonder.
I guess what I'm trying to do is figure out how the developers could limit kp donation without it infringing on a legitimate reason to give kp to someone. I get that there are snipers out there. I just think the best way to police them is to notify your FS when you see it. I just don't think it's possible to limit the ability to donate in the game without hurting legitimate kp donations.

MirandaZink

I do understand that.
So, if someone makes a signature for me on the forum, since we are nowhere near each other on the map, I shouldn't be able to go drop a couple kp in one of their AW's?
Or, I go looking around a forum veteran's city that's talking with me about some specific question I have about play choices. I'm playing around planning for the next chapter because I'm tech locked right now. While I'm there, I drop a couple kp in a wonder.
I guess what I'm trying to do is figure out how the developers could limit kp donation without it infringing on a legitimate reason to give kp to someone. I get that there are snipers out there. I just think the best way to police them is to notify your FS when you see it. I just don't think it's possible to limit the ability to donate in the game without hurting legitimate kp donations.

VERY good point. This discussion has really helped me a lot and to open my mind to other possibilities and reasons why. Thanks for the push back and the active participation on this topic. I'm glad I posted this versus sitting in my own little world being 100% negative. Dilly Dilly!

HJK84

I think what MirandaZink was more concerned about was, as samidodamage said; snipers.

I get the point of view. We don't know the intentions of a very high ranked person putting in 1 Kp to neighbors AW's. Either it's for simple lil help, or a devious/selfish way to get more Kp off some new player who might of tried to get it instead.

In any case, it's the way of the game.
You need to pay attention to your AW's mate, and notify your FS when an "outsider" tries to pull a fast one on you ;)

Best of luck! :)

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Its impossible to know someones intentions. Habits may give a sense of of it but not 100% certainty. I know a high ranked player who has put 1kp into some of my wonders and got a reward from it, in their case it was to build a list of KP rewards and I thank them for that and the donation ;).

People can donate for a myriad of reasons. Yes there are snipers out there, some people are just hunting runes as it is the only way to get guaranteed rune of a certain type, other than broken shards.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
So just to be clear, you don't have to be my neighbor. You can go anywhere on the map whether or not you have discovered that person and drop in KPs. .

You keep saying this like you just discovered something no one else knew.
WE KNEW
You make a post calling people cheaters, then when others challenge that you say,
"Oh I'm not upset or anything I just wanted to talk about it."
And you make the ridiculous claim that they are, "putting in 1 KP into Ancient Wonders in hopes that you don't see it".
How do you not see it? Look at your AW, it is right there.
I see 1KP donations on my AWs all the time.
So what?
If your FS didn't donate enough to you to get all the prizes where is the harm in some 'outsider' getting a few KP and possibly a chest?
I just don't see what you are upset about.

btw
Before you say, "I'm not upset,"
I remind you that you are calling people cheaters and exploiters.