• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

#1 Player on Harandar is leaving(for now, or forever)

Simpumba

Was looking at some top players to see citites as I was bored, and I saw that the #1 player on harandar is leaving. But I've also seen this with a lot of top players in several worlds. Is there any reason why so many are quitting?

Gladiola

According to elvenstats, the player is continuing to build and participate in the tournament. Perhaps the person is taking a break from the former fellowship. Try sending him a message and asking.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The game is having it's 6th anniversary this month. 6 years is a good amount of time for a browser game and in that 6 years, players have quit for all sorts of reasons, including players at the top of the rankings. Also, Harandar is the newest of the 8 US servers, and probably the least populated. This person may just be tired of playing on too many servers at one time and this one is the easiest to leave.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I said this today in a different conversation: I am also very aware that #1 person on my world, Elcysandir, apparently left the game. This is someone I played with for at least 2/3 of the time since the beginning of the game. He repeatedly said that the game was becoming way too much like a job. I am very mindful of the fact that he was a rock star in both the Spire & tournament for all these years.

I also recently lost another years long friend in the game that was always top 10. I believe both of them spent more $ than me. It really, really stinks that they changed everything so suddenly with the recalculations punishing top players for having spent lots of $ and having/doing those things which were the spoken goals according to Elvenar. Add the stupidity of the last chapter with spending days collecting 15 minute productions on the guest race along with rumors of the next guest race being even worse and now they have top players/top spenders saying enough is enough. Both left in February so I'm thinking not long after they finished chapter 17. I know I spent a few weeks not wanting to even log on. At this point I'm just glad I decided to say 'not me too' so I pulled back to the things that I loved about this game to begin with. It is more important to me now than it ever was that I remember how much I enjoyed the pretty things I have gotten along the way because of Elvenar's wonderful artwork. After all, it is a city builder game, not a war game.

hvariidh gwendrot

still playing on sinya but i think has parked the rest of the cities .. i would have to look to make sure .. i know on ceravyn some of the top players quit because they could no longer see their names at the top of the tournament listing every week and went marshmallow vs steel and melted vs figuring out how to just play the game when a little heat got put on them lol

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
A little heat? Punish us, especially spenders, for buying all of the expansions? Punish us for our AW? Punish us for progressing through all of the chapters? I’m sure I left something from the changes out. Bottom line is that Elvenar betrayed a whole lot of top players & top spenders for playing the game as designed for years :mad:

GlamDoll

Yeah....why I seldom spend any $ on the game these days. I know that there are those among us that have spent more than I & I can't fathom it. However, to be fair, I am not unscathed & have & do, feel the sting! If this is a little heat, I wonder what I have to say here to do a roast or cremation?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
A little heat? Punish us, especially spenders, for buying all of the expansions? Punish us for our AW? Punish us for progressing through all of the chapters? I’m sure I left something from the changes out. Bottom line is that Elvenar betrayed a whole lot of top players & top spenders for playing the game as designed for years :mad:

Those are not really punishment, IF someone can keep up the goods or troop productions to keep going. That is the punishment for some, though. My fights are the same difficulty from the start of chapter 17 to the end of chapter 17, but my troop costs are higher. So if I can't keep that up, then I have to do less in the tournament or Spire. And I believe caterers got screwed, no matter how much Inno wants to claim that the overall cost in goods is lower, when you compare specific encounter to specific encounter before and after the change. I see the cost I would have to pay if I were catering, instead of fighting, and I am very glad I made my city into a fighting city well before the tournament update.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Enevhar Aldarion Seriously? So please explain everybody who is holding off on adding expansions, holding off or selling AW & stopping when they hit the chapter threshold where the stats turn against us. It has been discussed over & over how Elvenar turned these aspects that were positive into negatives for battling. Not a chance you are seriously comparing your city to the #1 on Elcy world or mine. The #1 player who quit has 777K ranking points from AW which is almost double what I have. Both of the other players who left also had all expansions and finished all chapters. I'm thinking it is unreasonable to compare their cities or my city to yours. Yes, I adapted but I can assure you that the tournament, which I do battle, became harder. I make troops 24/7 and can no longer keep up at the level I did before when I wanted to. That is fact! I also very clearly remember Elvenar stating that it was becoming more difficult along with our folks here who like to keep working on the stats. If battling the spire and battling the tournament is important to the top players I am talking about then yes they are punished for their prior success as it was defined prior to the change. I'm just lucky that I have other aspects that I can shift to and had no problem cutting the Spire back to 2 levels & tournament back to 20 provinces since I don't care about being at the top of either. If I wanted to do more, my city is very well equipped for battling. So please don't be contradictory just for the sake of being contradictory.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Enevhar Aldarion Seriously? So please explain everybody who is holding off on adding expansions, holding off or selling AW & stopping when they hit the chapter threshold where the stats turn against us. It has been discussed over & over how Elvenar turned these aspects that were positive into negatives for battling. Not a chance you are seriously comparing your city to the #1 on Elcy world or mine. The #1 player who quit has 777K ranking points from AW which is almost double what I have. Both of the other players who left also had all expansions and finished all chapters. I'm thinking it is unreasonable to compare their cities or my city to yours. Yes, I adapted but I can assure you that the tournament, which I do battle, became harder. I make troops 24/7 and can no longer keep up at the level I did before when I wanted to. That is fact! I also very clearly remember Elvenar stating that it was becoming more difficult along with our folks here who like to keep working on the stats. If battling the spire and battling the tournament is important to the top players I am talking about then yes they are punished for their prior success as it was defined prior to the change. I'm just lucky that I have other aspects that I can shift to and had no problem cutting the Spire back to 2 levels & tournament back to 20 provinces since I don't care about being at the top of either. If I wanted to do more, my city is very well equipped for battling. So please don't be contradictory just for the sake of being contradictory.

The difficulty of a fight is exactly the same for every player in this game. The percent difference between your troops and the enemy troops in the 1st fight of the 1st province or the 6th fight of the 20th province is the same for you or for me or for anyone else. This is the difficulty. The only thing all those AW levels and expansions do is increase the number of troops you need. Nothing else. So if you can make the troops to fill the squads, you can will the fight the same, whether you have 5 AW levels or 500. This is the cost. These are not the same thing. And the same for the Spire. The percent difference between your squads and the enemy squads is the same for everyone. Only the amount of troops you need is different.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Enevhar Aldarion I am so glad I have someone here who isn't even close to a top player who can explain to me why the top players I know & played this game with for years and who have maxed out cities that you are nowhere close to being comparable to believe they were betrayed (I can't use the real words here) by Elvenar. I'll make sure to explain to them that they are all wrong because you say so and you know everything. OR NOT!

FYI, I do have direct information on why some have left, unlike you.

GlamDoll

It sounds legit. There are so many these days that act like their knowledge trumps experience they have not yet gained. Some akin it to knowledge vs wisdom. Any time anyone is rude, lacks integrity & all points in between, the red flags go off. And after all that transpires, the shaming, hating, clowning & flaming begin...among other things.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Enevhar Aldarion I am so glad I have someone here who isn't even close to a top player who can explain to me why the top players I know & played this game with for years and who have maxed out cities that you are nowhere close to being comparable to believe they were betrayed (I can't use the real words here) by Elvenar. I'll make sure to explain to them that they are all wrong because you say so and you know everything. OR NOT!

FYI, I do have direct information on why some have left, unlike you.
Too bad you never played on Beta, or you would have learned how the mechanics of how this game really work.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Too bad you never played on Beta, or you would have learned how the mechanics of how this game really work.

I have read the Beta forum for years. Dig deeper & try again ;)

Why is it so darn hard for you to believe that I just may have more insight into top ranked players and why some have quit than you have? I've been there for years. You have never been there. It shouldn't be hard to grasp that I know more about some of their motivations because of direct knowledge.

Last edited: