• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

1-star trade junk, filtering trades

DeletedUser5825

What is the deal with players offering these awful 1-star trades? I have NEVER accepted one, never will. Most of them are insulting. Are players actually accepting such trades? I can't imagine why.

Along the same lines, I wish there was a filter to weed out all 1-star trades and block certain people from showing up in the trade window. It just makes it more work to sort through stuff I will never accept.

For myself, I try to always put up 3-star trades. That way they go fast and both people feel good about it.
Hello I am new and I don't have a fellowship and I don't know how to trade. I was following what I see on the trade floor. I have one trade left from a quest and I don't know what the difference is. Can you please let me know? Thanks

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Some important things to know when trading , first there are three tiers of goods.
Tier 1 is marble, steel and planks also called basic goods
Tier 2 is crystal, scrolls and silk also called crafted goods
Tier 3 elixir, magic dust and gems also called magic goods
Ok crafted goods are worth more than basic goods and magic goods are worth more than crafted goods. You can see this when you put in an offer for the different goods in the trader. So if you put in an offer of crafted goods for basic goods you will get more basic goods. Try to use your boosted manufactories to trade for the other goods you need, as they produce more.
In the trader as well is the Wholesaler, you use it to trade your coins, supplys and boosted goods to buy or trade for goods you need. It is expensive to do this, so it is only good to do if your coins or supplys are at the max and you have nothing else to spend them on at that time. Also the trader rates trades with the 3 stars, 1 star is not a fair deal, 2 star is a fair trade and 3 star is a very good deal. Lastly the trader puts a fee on trades from players you havent discovered on the world map.
Hope this helps you to feel a little more comfortable with the trader
I send this to my new recruits hope it helps.

DeletedUser5251

Every trade in the trader is assigned a star rating depending on how equal it is. That the item asked for is worth the item offered.

A 0 star trade is a very unequal trade in favor of the person posting the trade. 100 steel for 200 marble.
A 1 star trade is a slightly unequal trade in favor of the person posting the trade. 100 steel for 150 marble.
A 2 star trade is considered equal. 100 steel for 100 marble.
A 3 star trade is an unequal trade in favor of the person accepting the trade. 200 steel for 100 marble.

Unfortunately, the trader adds a tax of 50% of the item asked for when trading with other cities you have not yet discovered on the map. So, most of the trades you see in the trader will appear to be one star trades. Because, even though the person who posted it, posted it as a 2 star trade, the trader added 50% to the item asked for. Lets say you are near two cities A and B. You've discovered A, but not B. They both post the same trade, 100 steel for 100 marble. But to you they will appear different in the trader. city A's trade will appear as 100 steel for 100 marble. But city B's trade will appear as 100 steel for 150 marble. As you discover more cities you will find fewer 0 and 1 star trades in the trader. Unfortunately, as new players begin trading they see all the one star trades and assume they are fair. So, when the new player posts a 1 star trade of 100 steel for 150 marble, the trader adds 50% and it becomes 100 steel for 225 marble, which is a remarkably unfair 0 star trade. The best thing to do is post equal trades, and people will be more willing to take them.

When making cross tier trades it is especially important to try to remain fair.
Each type of good represents a tier.
tier 1: marble, steel, planks
tier 2: crystal, scrolls, silk
tier 3: elixir, magic dust, gems

The goods of tier 3 cost four times as much to produce as the goods for tier 2, and 16 times as much as tier 1. Goods of tier 2 cost four times as much to produce as tier 1. Therefore, the trader automatically adjusts the trading ratio when you post a cross tier trade.
100 crystals for 400 planks; 1600 steel for 100 elixir. (you can over-ride this by changing the amounts)

However, there is some debate among players if this represents a fair trade because, while it does take into account the additional cost of production, it does not recognize the time required for production. It may cost the same to produce 1600 steel as it does to produce 100 elixir, but it, generally, takes much longer to produce that much steel vs a relatively small amount of elixir. For this reason, when players post cross tier trades they should be 3 star trades to acknowledge the production time discrepancy.

DeletedUser5825

Some important things to know when trading , first there are three tiers of goods.
Tier 1 is marble, steel and planks also called basic goods
Tier 2 is crystal, scrolls and silk also called crafted goods
Tier 3 elixir, magic dust and gems also called magic goods
Ok crafted goods are worth more than basic goods and magic goods are worth more than crafted goods. You can see this when you put in an offer for the different goods in the trader. So if you put in an offer of crafted goods for basic goods you will get more basic goods. Try to use your boosted manufactories to trade for the other goods you need, as they produce more.
In the trader as well is the Wholesaler, you use it to trade your coins, supplys and boosted goods to buy or trade for goods you need. It is expensive to do this, so it is only good to do if your coins or supplys are at the max and you have nothing else to spend them on at that time. Also the trader rates trades with the 3 stars, 1 star is not a fair deal, 2 star is a fair trade and 3 star is a very good deal. Lastly the trader puts a fee on trades from players you havent discovered on the world map.
Hope this helps you to feel a little more comfortable with the trader
I send this to my new recruits hope it helps.
Thank you so much! Yes it helped a lot. Thanks again for your help.

Every trade in the trader is assigned a star rating depending on how equal it is. That the item asked for is worth the item offered.

A 0 star trade is a very unequal trade in favor of the person posting the trade. 100 steel for 200 marble.
A 1 star trade is a slightly unequal trade in favor of the person posting the trade. 100 steel for 150 marble.
A 2 star trade is considered equal. 100 steel for 100 marble.
A 3 star trade is an unequal trade in favor of the person accepting the trade. 200 steel for 100 marble.

Unfortunately, the trader adds a tax of 50% of the item asked for when trading with other cities you have not yet discovered on the map. So, most of the trades you see in the trader will appear to be one star trades. Because, even though the person who posted it, posted it as a 2 star trade, the trader added 50% to the item asked for. Lets say you are near two cities A and B. You've discovered A, but not B. They both post the same trade, 100 steel for 100 marble. But to you they will appear different in the trader. city A's trade will appear as 100 steel for 100 marble. But city B's trade will appear as 100 steel for 150 marble. As you discover more cities you will find fewer 0 and 1 star trades in the trader. Unfortunately, as new players begin trading they see all the one star trades and assume they are fair. So, when the new player posts a 1 star trade of 100 steel for 150 marble, the trader adds 50% and it becomes 100 steel for 225 marble, which is a remarkably unfair 0 star trade. The best thing to do is post equal trades, and people will be more willing to take them.

When making cross tier trades it is especially important to try to remain fair.
Each type of good represents a tier.
tier 1: marble, steel, planks
tier 2: crystal, scrolls, silk
tier 3: elixir, magic dust, gems

The goods of tier 3 cost four times as much to produce as the goods for tier 2, and 16 times as much as tier 1. Goods of tier 2 cost four times as much to produce as tier 1. Therefore, the trader automatically adjusts the trading ratio when you post a cross tier trade.
100 crystals for 400 planks; 1600 steel for 100 elixir. (you can over-ride this by changing the amounts)

However, there is some debate among players if this represents a fair trade because, while it does take into account the additional cost of production, it does not recognize the time required for production. It may cost the same to produce 1600 steel as it does to produce 100 elixir, but it, generally, takes much longer to produce that much steel vs a relatively small amount of elixir. For this reason, when players post cross tier trades they should be 3 star trades to acknowledge the production time discrepancy.
Thank you so much! Now I understand what I need to do. Thanks again for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3949

Is a 1 star trade better than buying from the wholesaler?

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
It would depend on the trade, but most likely yes as the trader only gives 20 marble for 100 steel (or your boosted good), so any trade that offered more would be a better deal but you can trade coins and supplies for goods in the wholesaler

DeletedUser43

Maybe for those who don't want to look at the small traders, they can get an elitist trader where they can apply to and trade in. That way they would not have to bother complaining about the smaller traders and those of us who still think that helping others is not annoying.

Youch. Harsh.

None of us are forced to accept anyone else's offer, so why should we be able to exert any control over them doing it?

Agreed. It is easy to ignore those trades.

And it is the space that is the most costly. It takes a lot more space to make those tier 1 goods than the tier 3 goods, so the cost is vastly unequal. You'd need half your city to be tier one goods and supporting buildings to be able to make the same amount as three tier factories. The trader foolishly doesn't take the cost of space into account.