• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[11989] Upgrade tab missing from Magic Residence and Workshop

DeletedUser4557

I understand there was an issue with the upgrade system with these items. However, I purchased several of them as I was led to believe they would be up-gradable: thus, worth the purchase price. I am entering this as bug report as this is a change in a product I purchased from your within a game environment. Major item changes, even pixel items, like this are not except able in any business environment without explanations and due processes to reassure your clients (the player base who has purchased said item) that a balanced and beneficial fix is coming.
I deal with a lot of free to play online games, examples, World of Tanks, World of Warship, DC Online, Champions Online, Star Wars the old Republic, and many others. In all cases if any of these companies had an issue with a purchased item they would either recoup the players with reimbursement or fix said issue in a way that is considered acceptable for all concerned.
However, removing the upgrade tab is NOT acceptable. My multiple purchases of several of these buildings was based on the idea I could upgrade said buildings as they had upgrade tabs. Which made the rather steep price worth it in my honest opinion. Thus, I start this thread in hopes to obtain some form of communication. As, I have invested a large amount of currency in this game and feel I am justified in requesting some form of answer. So , here are some questions.
1) Is the issue in work, and was the removal of the tab just something required in order to address the issue.
2) Will these building still be up-gradable once you have resolved the issue.
3) Ifs question two is no upgrade. Will you address a reimbursement of diamonds; as I know many who purchased said item did so in the understanding it was up-gradable.
Thank you for your time and I hope we can come to some mutual agreement that helps us both out and keeps the game fun for all concerned.

DeletedUser115

Hello JessDav,

This is a known issue and has been forwarded to our development team for correction.

DeletedUser2870

Same goes for me. I will wait a little bit longer, but by moving from one chapter to the next there is no way to upgrade these buildings, one has to replace them with the higher lvl buildings for once again the full purchase price. This is totally unacceptable

DeletedUser2906

Yeah, I'm pretty pissed off about this one, too. I only purchased a few, but I feel ripped off. I won't be spending another cent on the game if this isn't resolved.

DeletedUser2870

In fact, I can understand the upgrade would be costing diamonds as well. But I'd say 25-33% of the original cost would be steep enough a price to upgrade buildings like that. But just removing the tab is ridiculous.

DeletedUser2906

In fact, I can understand the upgrade would be costing diamonds as well. But I'd say 25-33% of the original cost would be steep enough a price to upgrade buildings like that. But just removing the tab is ridiculous.
I absolutely agree. I can understand a smaller price to upgrade. But I purchased these *because* they could be upgraded. If it turns out they can't... Well, then I've been ripped off and that sucks.

DeletedUser2870

HELLLOOOOOOO?
Anybody at home at Innogames?...HELLLLLOOOOOOO?

As several other people have requested: an ETA on the fix please. And soon!
It is NOT ACCEPTABLE to make us wait for months on this.

You, as Innogames, sold this building with the very definite understanding that it could be upgraded, Onesidedly changing that after the sale is made, thereby not delivering what you promised to, without any kind of compensation or communication, is called swindling or fraud.

I am getting more and more pissed about this, especially since the utter lack of any coherent answer, but by now I seriously am considering filing a case to get the diamonds back.

Hello JessDav,

This is a known issue and has been forwarded to our development team for correction.

This is NOT an acceptable answer. Sorry, but why does you dev team keep introducing things before they are fully finished and ready to go live?
This however is not just a small issue, this is something that is sold. You can't just say: oh well, we will look into it sometime in the future.
I feel ripped off and I am NOT AMUSED

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4417

As several other people have requested: an ETA on the fix please. And soon!
It is NOT ACCEPTABLE to make us wait for months on this.

You, as Innogames, sold this building with the very definite understanding that it could be upgraded, Onesidedly changing that after the sale is made, thereby not delivering what you promised to, without any kind of compensation or communication, is called swindling or fraud.

I am getting more and more pissed about this, especially since the utter lack of any coherent answer, but by now I seriously am considering filing a case to get the diamonds back.

First off, it's not swindling OR fraud. It's called a defect or glitch. It's something not planned on, that happens with products from time to time. It's why there are recalls on cars etc from time to time.

You can file a case but it won't get you squat because there is no fraud or anything else deceptive.

Further, your rant is meaningless due to this:
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/game-rules.701/
10. Changes
InnoGames reserves the right to adjust or change the rules at any time. Each rule change will be communicated within the appropriate channels.

That means that Inno can, at any time they choose change any or all aspects of the game as they deem fit, regardless of how many diamonds a player has bought or who or where they are in the game. The most they owe anyone is a 'we are changing this' and that is all. There is no case for you to file. Period. As you bought DIAMONDS, not the building itself and you got your product in good order and good faith.

Inno knows about the problem. There is a ticket on it and the Devs are working on it. You simply have to be patient. It sucks but things take time. This is not the land of Oz where you can click your heels three times.

DeletedUser2870

Dhurrin,
I think this is called the Microsoft model. ;)

LOL. Probably. But Innogames sure isn't Microsoft. So they have a good chance ending without customers if they keep this kind of behaviour up.
Not to mention I really want a solution to this, or at the very least an ETA on the solution, or some kind of compensation.

DeletedUser2191

You can send in a ticket to get your diamonds refunded for those buildings, others have done it and got refunded. I don't know if they were required to get rid of those buildings to make it happen or if it was done for them though.

DeletedUser2870

@Ludwig Vanhelsen
Thanks! Now that is useful info.

And I may do that, but I invested in those buildings on purpose because I thought they would be worth the pretty steep price.
What I really, really want from Innogames is a bit of communication

A - why did they introduce them (and as sold items only no less) while the upgrade wasn't working yet?
B - will they fix this or not?
C - If so, an ETA on the fix, if not, THEY should be contacting players about the possibility to get a refund

How am I going to decide whether it is worth scrapping the magical buildings and rebuilding ordinary ones or whether it is better to wait for the fix if they are unable or unwilling to even provide such basic info?

So why didn't Inno come with this info? It's not that I'm not grateful to you, but it is shameful that apparently another player needs to respond instead of the company.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4652

I'm not sure if they are working yet, but the upgrade tabs are back on the magic buildings.

DeletedUser2870

Yes, the upgrading works now.
With diamonds they can be upgraded (just spent the last I still had to upgrade 1 workshop, the rest of the residences and workshops is out of luck since I won't buy new ones anymore)

There also is a mention of blueprints that will be added later on as another way of upgrading them. But that will be 'eventually' which can mean anything between 2 weeks and 6 months.