• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[16560] Chat box not working?

Laochra

"Thank you for contacting the Elvenar support team. We are aware of intermittent issues that have been occurring with the chat.
This issue has indeed been reported and forwarded to our development team for fixing. Please keep an eye on the Release Notes that come with every game update (which can be found on our Elvenar Forum), for any updates on this matter."

OK, I checked the release notes today & it doesn't mention any fixes to the in-game chat. Why am I not surprised? Another day without chatting.:rolleyes: {I was going to submit a ticket to support in all 5 of my cities, but it makes you wait 5 minutes between submissions}

DeletedUser9090

I have had the same issue since the last update and now my display are all messed up. Half of the people I visit look like the sold off everything in their city or the main hall is missing. With as prompt as they have been with fixing chat I doubt they will do much with the display issue it's very disappointing.

Thilien

I'm also having trouble with the chat on Elcysandir. I've refreshed, logged out and in, and logged out and in of the browser.

DeletedUser4471

Have been without chat for all but about 6 hours in the past 4 weeks. I have tried clearing caches, changing browsers, running with only the game in an active browser, connecting to my router using network cable, restarting my computer (multiple times). No response from support other than the automated message. It is very frustrating trying to serve as my Fellowship's Archmage when I can't see anything in chat. This is happening on Khelonar, and seeing all the other posts here, it reinforces my "not especially impressed with communication/attitude/competence" of the developers.

It almost makes me wonder if we're part of some experiment that they're conducting. I do not like it at all, and would appreciate even something as minimal as he common courtesy to have someone respond to my problem ticket that's been languishing for over 3 weeks.

Laochra

Have been without chat for all but about 6 hours in the past 4 weeks. I have tried clearing caches, changing browsers, running with only the game in an active browser, connecting to my router using network cable, restarting my computer (multiple times). No response from support other than the automated message. It is very frustrating trying to serve as my Fellowship's Archmage when I can't see anything in chat. This is happening on Khelonar, and seeing all the other posts here, it reinforces my "not especially impressed with communication/attitude/competence" of the developers.

It almost makes me wonder if we're part of some experiment that they're conducting. I do not like it at all, and would appreciate even something as minimal as he common courtesy to have someone respond to my problem ticket that's been languishing for over 3 weeks.
My last ticket to them, I asked them for more than just a regurgitated auto-response, because I am ArchMage (x3) & Mage (x2) and I need to be able to communicate with my fellowships. They sent a detailed response explaining that it is NOT a pc problem on my end, but an issue somewhere on their end, and the developers are trying to find a fix for it. They also said that each ticket they get about it is forwarded to the developers to make sure that they are not taking the problem lightly.

DeletedUser4471

My last ticket to them, I asked them for more than just a regurgitated auto-response, because I am ArchMage (x3) & Mage (x2) and I need to be able to communicate with my fellowships. They sent a detailed response explaining that it is NOT a pc problem on my end, but an issue somewhere on their end, and the developers are trying to find a fix for it. They also said that each ticket they get about it is forwarded to the developers to make sure that they are not taking the problem lightly.

Thanks. This is somewhat reassuring, even though your experience with support is very different from mine. It would be interesting to know whether the people affected are all in leadership positions, or recently had difficulties signing in and possibly have passwords out of sync, or some other quirky thing in common to give them so that they have an improved chance to have an "aha!" moment.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I lost chat for about an hour earlier this week. My wife disconnected for a moment at the same time, but did not have an ongoing issue, even on the same computer. Neither of us are mages, neither of us have had any logging problems ever.

I suspect the chat software is some kind of plugin that is not their own code, so their ability to test directly is hampered and they are having to work through a third party. I have no direct evidence of that, only speculation on my part based on the delays and silence.

The initial breakage might be network related, and what happens after dependent on the state of our chat at the time of the breakage. Again, purely speculation.

DeletedUser11397

chat is still down in all of my realms for me and has been down now for the past week

DeletedUser8912

Chat down for my fellowship. I know ya all don't like commenting but people are getting frustrated. Man up.

DeletedUser3468

This is getting ridiculous! Chat is not working again in a couple of my cities. It's like every time there's an update, chat starts messing up. (not that it ever really stopped messing up for very long...)

DeletedUser115

There have been a lot of chat issues lately and we are aware of the issue. We have stressed the outage to our development team and we are expecting a fix soon.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Brian E

There have been a lot of chat issues lately and we are aware of the issue. We have stressed the outage to our development team and we are expecting a fix soon.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

That is all we been hearing for over a month now. They need to to know how important this is to people playing the game,

DeletedUser4471

Has anyone who was having issues had this resolved yet?

fwiw - last week on either Monday or Tuesday, (the 16th or 17th), I had chat from about 16:00 GMT to about 19:00 GMT, chat was working for me. I went away for a few hours and when I returned, my hopes of a permanent fix once again dissolved. Curious if any others experienced the same, and whether knowing this might help developers to look at what was "up" or "down" at the times noted to help them trace what the issue is.

Brian E

Has anyone who was having issues had this resolved yet?

fwiw - last week on either Monday or Tuesday, (the 16th or 17th), I had chat from about 16:00 GMT to about 19:00 GMT, chat was working for me. I went away for a few hours and when I returned, my hopes of a permanent fix once again dissolved. Curious if any others experienced the same, and whether knowing this might help developers to look at what was "up" or "down" at the times noted to help them trace what the issue is.
I had the same experience as you, mine worked for about a hr ot two then nothing since.

edeba

On and off issues with the chat box, it is not reliable and hasn't been reliable for weeks now.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Nobody has it resolved, and they don't know what's wrong. If you go to support, there's a big box saying so. They are not ignoring us.

upload_2017-10-29_6-10-54.png

DeletedUser10949

Not sure if this means anything, but chat works fine in the mobile app. I wonder if it has something to do with that?