• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[16560] Chat box not working?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
For those who haven't been here long/often enough to notice it, While the moderators sometimes note bugs here and pass them on to the devs, "me too" type posts don't do anything. Especially after it's been assigned a bug number (in brackets at the top
upload_2018-2-20_5-47-58.png

Unless you have some information, like a pattern you've identified, (and probably even then) if you want to have a positive (from the players' side) effect on their pursuit of it, the only useful technique is to file an in-game bug report.

CanDaMan

. . . except it may uncover a pattern that may identify the problem, but if trying to help is not encouraged, ok.

DeletedUser3507

Don't use a vpn while playing Elvenar, I have noticed it kills chat, 100% of time,

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
. . . except it may uncover a pattern that may identify the problem, but if trying to help is not encouraged, ok.
I specifically said if you have useful info to go ahead. "I have this problem too" does not help identify anything when it is happening to hundreds of people.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1108

Don't use a vpn while playing Elvenar, I have noticed it kills chat, 100% of time,
??HMMMmm...That is the opposite of my experience. When the game and chat is too unstable for me here in the US, I often use a vpn to connect thru a Canadian server and it works quite well; eliminating the server errors and keeping chat alive even when I am away from the computer for varying periods of time.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Sorry for being cranky, but I suspect that the other 3 pages of responses in this thread, plus the other 4 threads about chat being broken probably have that covered. Which is probably one of the reasons that there is a specific line in the forum participation rules asking people to try searching before creating new threads, and another forbidding "me too" posts.

DeletedUser3507

So tempted to post "Me too"
I guess it depends on what company your using for your VPN. Mine causes immediate no chat.

DeletedUser12514

Is anyone going to actually COMMUNICATE why Chat is not working properly? Or IF they're even working on a solution? Or when it will be resolved?

DeletedUser6326

I just wanted to mention that the chat has been working for me and my fellow members all day today, in all seven US servers!!!! It's been so nice!!! :D

Valtitude

The VPN doesn't kill Chat. Using it is all that makes Chat appear active in my Wyn city. Use just my ISP = no Chat.
BUT, VPN or no VPN, Flashplayer is freezing not only Chat and the game, but my PC as well. Control Alt Delete doesn't wake up the computer. A hard reboot is the only thing that works. :(
I get "Flashplayer has crashed" (really?! lol) error messages after this happens.
Reported my Chat problems to Support before I posted here.
Sharing information is a good thing, imo.

DeletedUser8493

I have tried opera, pale moon,, still no chat It used to work and then all of a sudden it stopped, I have Comcast as my ISP and wondered if that had anything to do with it.? Just food for thought. Sure miss chat :(

I have tried opera, pale moon,, still no chat It used to work and then all of a sudden it stopped, I have Comcast as my ISP and wondered if that had anything to do with it.? Just food for thought. Sure miss chat :(

it seems it is not only chat that is not working, dont know if anyone else is having a problem logging in but I have, its been three days now that I cant log in to my game in SinyaArda, US server. Someone told me it is because of the COMODO DNS , can someone verify this please?

DeletedUser10771

I run seven fellowships (one in each US world) and have noticed that a lot of players were having lag with the chat, earlier this week. Today seems to be much worse for more players in each world. I'm wondering if this is a glitch that may have happened when the Valentine's Event was rolled out on Wednesday.
Our fellowships are now using the messages to communicate with each other. Pretty frustrating but at least we have that option, for now.

ok ,.So chat issue again on the 26th Feb 2018 ,logged in ,no chat ,after the Valentine event ended last week so did the chat issue ,are we to take it that in 22hrs & 40 mins the chat will resume to normal ,as that is when the latest offer ends on diamonds & kp,.
It is getting beyond annoying now, as our Fellowship use chat in the tournys,.
A not very hapPy Zyith,

ok ,.So chat issue again on the 26th Feb 2018 ,logged in ,no chat ,after the Valentine event ended last week so did the chat issue ,are we to take it that in 22hrs & 40 mins the chat will resume to normal ,as that is when the latest offer ends on diamonds & kp,.
It is getting beyond annoying now, as our Fellowship use chat in the tournys,.
A not very hapPy Zyith,

thank you inno,.. chat back on *)
A hapPy Zyith,. *)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16082

Me too just cuz Ashrem likes it :p
Felyndral US3 many players in my FS can't talk on that chat its forever loading.

And 2.5 hours later USA is packing up for bed and chat works again. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The situation is truly atrocious. At least before, it was either working, or not working. Now it sometimes looks like it's working perfectly fine until you actually send a message, at which point it disappears and is lost. That is for more frustrating (especially with long detailed messages of assistance) than what we had before.

Me too just cuz Ashrem likes it :p
Ashrem couldn't care less about it. I didn't make the forum rules.

DeletedUser17094

If this has already been reported; my apologies.

The "Chat" facility of a fellowship for the world Khelonaar usually does not work.
Before I post a ticket, wanted to know if this has ready been reported and if others are also have this issue.

Messages sometimes post in triplicate, but usually not at all.

Thanks.