• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[16560] Chat box not working?

CanDaMan

I'm going to guess that it has to do with location. A lot of people have no problems with chat, some do. I would start ruling out locations first, then seeing what the rest have in common, and look around there. That's my first guess, but I'm not an insider!

Susan4444

I have been communicating (actually begging) for my chat issue to be addressed. It's been almost 2 months now. I have done everything from my end to eliminate any potential issues that could be my fault. My chat works just fine on the new mobile app. Really frustrating ..

DeletedUser4014

First it went down in Arendyll, then about an hour later in SA, then came back on in SA. Still no luck in Arendyll. Whatever this is, it's not our machines.

DeletedUser11664

I have a city in all 7 and none of the fellowship chats work. This has been going on for over 2 months and not getting fixed. I have done all I can by clearing all that was suggested and still not chat. This hinders the game play when you are trying to work together. I have reported this numerous times and still not fix. I see by this thread that I am not the only one. Please advise when we can expect to have the Fellowship chats back to working.

Phabian

What I find disappointing is that they are going to launch FA with the chat still not operational. FA works best when you can communicate with your fellowship effectively.

DeletedUser10949

Our guild has taken to using the email system for urgent messages, but the lack of the chat system on the PC side has made me wonder what their priorities are. Chat works great in the mobile app, but the mobile app doesn't work with the game events so it is worthless to me. If it were up to me, I'd iron out the chat problem before rolling anything else out. I won't financially support a game that doesn't take care of the "quality of life" for its players.

DeletedUser10949

Speaking of "quality of life" improvements (and feel free to move this post where it needs to be), the quest selection system leaves a lot to be desired and is actually hurting my poor hands.

Instead of having to cycle through each and every quest using a double decline confirmation, I suggest that you adapt the trading post interface to be a quest list. Click on a quest and it opens the interface that lists the available quests (10 per page). Flip through the pages to find the quest you want, and "buy" the quest with the button on the right. This will immediately replace the quest that was in that slot. If the quest needing to be replaced was in progress, put up a confirmation to abandon before the quest list. If the user closes the quest list before selecting one, nothing changes.

This system would save dozens of clicks and time, making me a happy (and more comfortable) camper. One far more willing to financially support an Inno(vative) game that thinks of the welfare of its players.

DeletedUser10949

Ok, so support removed my suggestion. Did they move it or just delete it? If they moved it, where is it now?

DeletedUser6653

Just adding to the feedback on this issue. chat has been intermittent in the past and i was aware of this issue so havent bothered to post about it. however, im on day 3 with no chat whatsoever. this involves multiple computers (all win 10). I have cleared my cache, cookies, etc multiple times. i can still access chat via the mobile app, but since the only useful things i can do are chat and visit so far, i don't spend a lot of time there. ;)

losing access for a couple hours here and there is one thing, 3 days seems to be a worsening of the problem however.

Laochra

In my FS, we have set up a channel on Discord to compensate for the in-game chat failures. It works quite well & a lot less clumsy than the messaging back & forth.

DeletedUser6653

Yeah, unfortunately many in my FS are not tech savvy enough to understand how to copy text out of an in-game message. trying to get them to use an outside chat...not going to happen. I did set up an IRC channel a couple years back and only one person figured out how to use it. :D

edit- and now on 5 straight days with no chat on wyyn on beta. this is no longer a "intermittent" issue.

Hob-nob

I have not had chat access for over three months. I was told to watch for updates to fix the problem but there have been at least 3 since then so obviously this is not a big enough problem for Inno to be concerned about (at least I hope it's not because nobody can figure it out). I am so ready to quit this game over this problem. It's very frustrating since I have done everything possible on my end and I know others have access but I don't.
/rant

DeletedUser6653

I finally opened a ticket even though the "intermittent" issue was known and part of the response was..
This is an ongoing issue that does not affect all players.
This does explain why I am unable to use chat on any computer. Completely ridiculous! :mad:

DeletedUser6653

I discovered that the puffin browser is now available on windows and lo and behold! i have chat using the puffin browser. unfortunately it is incredibly slow for me but it got me thinking about IP, so I installed a VPN/IP switcher and sure enough when I log in "from Canada", my chat works fine (on my laptop at least).

Perhaps there is a localization issue related to the phone app behind this? For me, the issue did become permanent after installing it.

update: using a tunnel no longer has any effect. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Just out of curiosity, could Fellowship size have something to do with it?

Laochra

Wondering if it is only players using Windows 10. Our pc with Win 10 is the one that the chat went down in September. It pops up at random times for just a few minutes then goes back down. I'm using our Windows 7 pc & chat has never been an issue on it.

DeletedUser6653

Just out of curiosity, could Fellowship size have something to do with it?
Max FS size is 25 so, no, not a factor.
Wondering if it is only players using Windows 10. Our pc with Win 10 is the one that the chat went down in September. It pops up at random times for just a few minutes then goes back down. I'm using our Windows 7 pc & chat has never been an issue on it.
I am inclined to believe this has something to do with win10 as well, have you used the router reset method Jack posted here?
This worked for me and the problem has not come back (and if it does, i now know a fix).

Side note: I don't think all of these steps are needed, I followed them all myself but in retrospect, i think it wouldn't hurt to just try a router reset first and seeing if that works. (given the number of devices i own, it took me over an hour to do as listed which a straight router reset should only take 5-10 mins so wouldn't hurt to try that first)