• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[17042] Time and date out of sync

• Thread starter DeletedUser2089
  • Start date

DeletedUser2089

Game version: 1.34.3-(67d6604a6)(2017-7-25 12:00)
Game world: All US
Browser + version: Opera 46.0
Flash Player version: 26.0.0.137
Operating System: Windows 7
Screen resolution: 1366x768
Account name: Dekinat
Humans or Elves: Both

Reproducibility: 5/5

In Chat and notifications the clock and calendar are out of sync,
the clock is in sync with Eastern U.S. time as it should be but
the calendar changes date ate 18:00 hours, 4 hours early. just makes
traking "todays" visits etc. confusing when it shows "Today" until 18:00
then it jumps ahead.

In the attached screen shot it is still 7/31/2017
you can see it changes, I verified it is at 18:00 this happens, all worlds US Server
DateBug.jpg

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The "Day" is defined by midnight in Germany, where Inno is based. This isn't a bug, just an annoying feature.

The clock being in synch with EDT is only "as it should be: if you live in EDT. For the rest of us poor peons, neither the date nor the time are right most of the time, becasue the clock is on EDt for everyone on the U.S. server. Consider yourself lucky.

DeletedUser2089

The "Day" is defined by midnight in Germany, where Inno is based. This isn't a bug, just an annoying feature.

The clock being in synch with EDT is only "as it should be: if you live in EDT. For the rest of us poor peons, neither the date nor the time are right most of the time, becasue the clock is on EDt for everyone on the U.S. server. Consider yourself lucky.

Yes but this just recently started, so something changed, if you use the notifications list for checking who visited today, you have to be careful, because "today" might not be today! lol, If the US server is going to be ran on US time EDT then the date should change with it, otherwise just put them all on GMT either way at 24:00 the date should change lol not 18:00

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It should. But it's not recent and not a "bug." The chat times are always out by two ours for those of us on CST, and always have been, and the day changes over at 4:00pm, and has since I started playing last summer.

Piper870

I sent this same issue to them in the fall I believe. I keep track of the visits in my fellowship and never had any issues and one day I noticed that my times were off. They said they were looking into it and would hopefully have it fixed soon... It's still the same

DeletedUser6727

This is quite frustrating/confusing. One of those features that shouldn't be that hard to fix and makes the developers look pretty amateur.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
This is quite frustrating/confusing. One of those features that shouldn't be that hard to fix and makes the developers look pretty amateur.
It does, however, eliminate the "what time should we do the trade" by giving everyone in the world a common clock. that is actually a frequent'y requested feature in games.

On the other hand, having a worldwide-fixed time in the notifications window seems to serve no useful purpose at all, and strikes me as lazy programming.