• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

2021 Autumn Zodiac discussion

OIM20

Why have a new daily mission one in which you do tournament encounters appearing on the day the tournament has just closed? They did this last event as well. This is just poor planning and makes for unnecessary player frustration.
We had a thread about it that's been archived. It's been happening for a while. However, I will say this, and please feel free to pass this along @helya: as long as the events remain the same as they were in beta for the rest of the event, quest #66 is the only one which is problematic in this way.

They did look at a calendar this time. Thank you, devs, for consulting your calendar! They merely neglected to account for the time that the Tournament closes and the event quest becomes available.

(If you want to pass along more screens to see if it helps resolve this last little issue: Quest 66.jpg Quest 66 No Tourney.jpg)

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Why have a new daily mission one in which you do tournament encounters appearing on the day the tournament has just closed? They did this last event as well. This is just poor planning and makes for unnecessary player frustration.
Oho! On Beta we had the two 20 relics quests one after the other right after tourney wound up, so I think they're doing much better.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I just got the 20 relic quest tonight, an hour after the tourney ended. I had 35 more hours to go before a province opened up and no relics in the MA (but there was pet food, so that's a plus). I am a little behind everyone else, I guess, and I have been so swamped with work I haven't paid attention to the quest line. This is my crazy work week ... they only come about once every 6 weeks, when I have a deadline.

I did have one province opened but not done, so that was 8 relics there, but that ain't gonna cut it unless I get lucky with relics in the MA 2x in a row, plus some while gifting. Oh well. There's nothing in the daily prize that I want this time so, I don't think it matters how fast I go.

BrinDarby

Live #64 & #65 were those 20 relics , and getting FS tourn rewards
solved the 2nd one, only to unlock (#66) more tourn encounters right after
the tournament closed..... and all the Spire days aren't for a couple
days so that screws ppl because they have to wait longer, then run
up against the time wall, and are forced to burn coin/tool rains to
be able to do it on the right days, rather than having the full 5 days
to spread out a bit more @least lvl2/3.

yet again twiddle'n my thumbs all weekend, and till tuesday......

Gladiola

I just hit quest 56, so it works out reasonably well for me with the Spire starting tomorrow. Hopefully I'll hit the 20-relic quests during the tourney this week.

BrinDarby

Each event lasts 22 days , so thats 3 weeks + 1 day.
You them map only the lock'd tasks against the calendar...
It won't matter as much the other 53 tasks, but yes, for those
newer players Inno could adjust those a bit better. Anyone
that starts busting thru those tasks, should basically "get ahead
of the curve" and potentially get stuck, but not once you get
into the locked tasks.

Every lock'd task should use the rational.... once today's task
opens up, can the player play that task ....

So if on Saturday @ 6pm, the task opens, because the tourn
just ended 4 hrs earlier, and it shouldn't be a T-enc task....
Spire is ok, only because in the 24 hrs that task is "todays",
the Spire will open up before 6pm tomorrow, thus making
it "available".

Its no different than reorganizing my city.... in architect ....
You move all the tasks off to the side and your city map
becomes a calendar.... you can then use the exact same 22
tasks, and just "plop" them into the correct locked out days.
you also know by color coding, that you put two 20 relic
tasks back to back and can seperate them.

its not rocket science, and it makes Inno look like they are
"on the ball" in a public relations aspect... It doesn't even
take 1 person , that much time , to dbbl-check that stuff
is correctly set on the correct days.... not doing so, is Sloppy.

I could understand if @helya came in and said, "But Brin,
you're ahead of the curve" , yet since I'm "locked out" now,
meaning if I complete todays task, I have to wait till tomorrow
for another 1 to open up ..... I am exactly "on the curve", therefore
if the 24 hr task involves T-encs, I should have them available
during that 24 hr period. That goes for ANY type of task, within
the 24 hr period of the task, it should be completeable..

Since the Devs have added an " or " to this task, they themselves
recognize that certain players might need to use certain parts of
the task..... for me thats need'n to do T-encs, so please don't just say
I can just do reg encs instead, cause thats why I have to use the "or"
and do T-encs...... that aren't available for 3 days.....

SolitaireGU

I'm not reading through thirteen pages to see if anyone commented before on this, so here goes:

This was an issue to me the last event, as well - many of the potential prizes for using keys are truly atrocious. For example, I'm looking at spending 84 keys for a 25% chance to get one rune shard? Or spend 55 keys for a 35% chance at 31k of Platinum? That is an absolute joke, and a slap in the face to a player like myself that has been in-game for about six years now.

It's why I'm not stressing out at all to participate, do any of the tasks, or worry too much about collecting keys in my world.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I'm not reading through thirteen pages to see if anyone commented before on this, so here goes:

This was an issue to me the last event, as well - many of the potential prizes for using keys are truly atrocious. For example, I'm looking at spending 84 keys for a 25% chance to get one rune shard? Or spend 55 keys for a 35% chance at 31k of Platinum? That is an absolute joke, and a slap in the face to a player like myself that has been in-game for about six years now.

It's why I'm not stressing out at all to participate, do any of the tasks, or worry too much about collecting keys in my world.
I love getting free stuff! :D It is great too, that participating in events is completely optional.

OIM20

The AW quests were a complaint during the Sorcerer's Homecoming because before you unlock that tech, you can't even put KP into someone else's AW. So that locked early chapter players out of the event entirely at quest #37 until they'd finished the tech tree to about a third of the way through chapter 2. Which, if you had just started to play a game, could you say that you wouldn't give it up as a bad job if you couldn't even participate in the event it's throwing in your face every time you sign on?

As for the NH, there've been 2 this event, which is better than last (there were -0-), Sorcerer's Homecoming (1) and Queen Fairy's Garden (1). Browser players (of which I am one) complain a bit about the NH visits because the mechanic is so clunky. It's not streamlined like the app unless you're doing NH for your FS or returning NH from your notifications window. If you do NH in the browser on the world map, you have to go into the city, waiting for the load screen - which will often lock up on 26/29, forcing you to reload and start over (and, no, I haven't filed a bug on that because I'm not entirely sure it's not my crappy ISP; I'm looking at you, AT&T :rolleyes:) - then click the hands, wait for the buildings to show what's available, and finally click on something. Then you have to do it again for however many times it takes to complete the quest. And to get to the next neighbor, you have to go back to the world map....

This is why I use a mobile emulator. It takes me maybe five minutes to do what took thirty before. And that's just one city with a small world map. Elcysandir took me more than an hour to visit everyone when using the browser to do it.

The other complaint about NH was that people had to wait for it to be available again to complete the quest. Fine for the dailies, I believe was the consensus, but before that it's unwieldy because you're trying to get to the next quest to build up as much event currency as you can.

I do see this complaint a lot, though. "There are only [x type] of quests!" What would your suggestion be for a different one?

I would really like to know from those who do find this tedious (yes, I get it - two 10 Spire and/or world map encounters in a row! <- quest reveal, don't click if you don't wanna know what tomorrow's will be if beta holds true [ @Alram :D]) what you would prefer/suggest as an alternative.

They could get more specific with the "Collect / Use [x] Enchantments" (please don't!). They could even get more specific about the Tournament encounter requirements: "Clear one tournament province to the third star." As long as this accounted for my having already cleared to the second star before the quest was activated, I'd be okay with that; but then, how do you account for people who've already cleared their entire province? We already have calendar/timing issues, as noted previously in the thread. That kind of quest would require very specific calendar consultation on Inno's part: not just the date the tournament third level would be available to everyone, but also making sure that the quest would be available after the third star would open if one were to wait the 16 hours between each star, and assuming that everyone started the tournament when it opens (1 PM Eastern, I believe).

For the Spire encounters, it could be "Defeat two gate guardians" instead of "8 Spire Encounters" (it could be the same thing, but maybe the change in wording would make it seem more exciting; of course, you could have already defeated the three encounters prior to the gate guardian when the quest pops up, meaning you'd only have to do 5 encounters in the Spire to satisfy it still). As long as that one showed up after the Spire opened on Sunday and before it closed on Friday, that might actually be something folks would be okay with. They might have to wait on the Spire climb that week, or wait to do the quest until the following week if they've already climbed the Spire, but it's something they could consider. A possible issue would be whether it would consider the final boss a gate guardian (I think the top FS chest still says "defeat guardians to earn these rewards" when you haven't beaten the boss, but I've already finished the Spire in all three of my cities for this week, so I can't confirm)?

If they start getting into "Collect [x type] relics", then you end up with things that look an awful lot like the chapter quests (or is it the repeated quests?) and you'll end up with the same "this quest is stale!" complaint.

But you might be able to have something like "Clear one [relic for that week's tournament] province." Again, that would probably be limited to the dailies so the computer wouldn't fry its brain trying to figure out what relic to require if everyone hit it at a different time. In fact, that would probably be the next to last quest if they added it in. And, just like when it shows up in the city regularly, you could have already done 7 encounters in that province; just doing the 1 remaining would clear it and satisfy the condition.
I could sit here and try to come up with more, but I really am curious as to what ideas others would find agreeable.

Kawhi is a Raptor

As for the NH, there've been 2 this event, which is better than last (there were -0-), Sorcerer's Homecoming (1) and Queen Fairy's Garden (1). Browser players (of which I am one) complain a bit about the NH visits because the mechanic is so clunky. It's not streamlined like the app unless you're doing NH for your FS or returning NH from your notifications window. If you do NH in the browser on the world map, you have to go into the city, waiting for the load screen - which will often lock up on 26/29, forcing you to reload and start over (and, no, I haven't filed a bug on that because I'm not entirely sure it's not my crappy ISP; I'm looking at you, AT&T :rolleyes:) - then click the hands, wait for the buildings to show what's available, and finally click on something. Then you have to do it again for however many times it takes to complete the quest. And to get to the next neighbor, you have to go back to the world map....

this is why i'm loathe to put up a bunch of trades at once - i hate having regular helpers disappear from notifications and being forced to visit their city again

The Unbeliever

Bring back:
- complete Beverages 'X' times
- complete Simple Tools 'X' times
- complete Bread 'X' times
- complete Advanced Tools 'X' times
- complete Basket of Groceries 'X' times

Adds some variation between the endless drone of 'do tournament/spire' and 'gain endless relics' tasks. :p

Dew Spinner

Bring back:

Adds some variation between the endless drone of 'do tournament/spire' and 'gain endless relics' tasks. :p
They had those in the quest list this time and all of the other events that I have played. I agree there are way to many encounters and relics quests and having 2 - gain 20 relics back to back is just ridiculous.

BrinDarby

Im not a "once a day" player , add tasks for 15min / 1hr workshops.

Remember most of the tweaks to event tasks have been to better accomidate
thus retention of earlier CH players. The reason FAs are ANY different than Events
are there are some different badges vs tasks. A common complaint was people
didn't want both events and FAs to have identical tasks/badges. There's only so
many different ways to structure tasks, but there are ALOT of landmine tasks that
will cripple a earlier CH player ..... like : chg collect 3 enchantments to collect 3 EE.

Because so many things have been add'd to the MA cue, its harder and harder to
do a 16-20 relic task, especially when Inno keeps putting them directly before a
task asking for T-encs....

Remember Everyone : Tasks must be balanced for both a CH2 player and a CH 17 player.
thats easier said than done, it really is.

StarLoad

Please use this thread to tell us what you think about the Autumn Zodiac Event!
I have been very "MEH" about this event and that is a first for me, I did get 13 Training Dojo's the second time and that is all I really wanted. My only real issue is that the Royal prize for the cost of 1500 diamonds is ludicrous to put it kindly. I get that I will "win" special bldg's "Red Panda and Ferris Wheel" but everything else I would "win" are items I will make or craft in greater amounts than I can "win". Seriously you are asking me to "PAY" for a prize like silly soap that I make and allow to decay cause I can't spend it fast enough, or 1 "petfood" that I craft in the MA and since the event started I have crafted 6 without spending Diamonds. Blueprints are nice, Yes, but I don't need them all my bldgs are already upgraded fully.

If you want me to spend 1500 Diamonds then you need to make the prizes available worth my Diamonds and not more of the same items I can craft/make/earn without using diamonds.

Ed

FemmeDraven

Bring back:

Yes, please!!!! I don't know if the endless relic acquisitions are an attempt at keeping us in the game longer or more often because it means we have to constantly churn out military or goods for those quests but if so, it ain't workin' on me...I'm just doing fewer quests and won't finish by the end of the event. I rarely visit the forums...very rarely. I'm not a huge complainer but the overwhelming number of relic quests is what brought me here...to complain;)

Dew Spinner

I took yalls advice (can you tell that I am from Texas? LOL!) skipped the dailies and opted to roll only on the biggest number of stardust for the past few rolls, and I am winning the dailys that I want! I am going to kill it in the next event!
I told you, you will rock the next event. You just need the 1st event to get used to the mechanics.