• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

2021 Autumn Zodiac discussion

The Unbeliever

RedPandaMaster was a bust for me....
of 3 cities ( all 75 tasks done ), 2 of the 3 barely got the 8th artifact,
and less than 200 currency won.... the 3rd city was up 700 currency
compared to the other 2, therefore I just went big on chests, because
8 artifacts is fine, just need 1 from FA , and ended up about 1500 currency
to the good. I barely got the 9th artifact.

so I got 225-230 in two cities and 261 in the other, all 3 bronze....
I'll consider this event a failure, as my goal is always 260+ in all 3 cities.

chest options were horrible and the RNG hated me.... I did follow the
adjusted GP only chest guides, didnt seem to help this time.

I might as well ask now, other than some link to something...
Can someone please go thru how/when/why/where to do
the "Fog" event , please ???????
Look up the Halloween and/or Archeology event vids by FoElite & Mooing Cat on Youtube.
It's the same mini game, just with a creepy tomb/circus tent instead of a creepy forest.;)

The only huge difference between the Elvenar version and the original FoE ones is that we get MUCH better daily prize %'s, whereas FoE gets royally screwed!:p
...last year I think I still managed to pull about 24'ish daily prizes overall, vs. my FoE version which managed only 7 or 8 dailies total - scary!:eek:

The biggest trick is to use the exploding light ball to help avoid getting bogged down in the awful 'maze like' pathways... to advance through the forest, you only need to clear the fog from 1 tile in the next collum, and the explody ball can blast a square that's on the other side of an obstacle.
Using those blasty light balls in such a manner can & will save you dozens of candles & lanterns over the course of the event, allowing you to open up that many more tiles. ;)

Dew Spinner

RedPandaMaster was a bust for me....
of 3 cities ( all 75 tasks done ), 2 of the 3 barely got the 8th artifact,
and less than 200 currency won.... the 3rd city was up 700 currency
compared to the other 2, therefore I just went big on chests, because
8 artifacts is fine, just need 1 from FA , and ended up about 1500 currency
to the good. I barely got the 9th artifact.

so I got 225-230 in two cities and 261 in the other, all 3 bronze....
I'll consider this event a failure, as my goal is always 260+ in all 3 cities.

chest options were horrible and the RNG hated me.... I did follow the
adjusted GP only chest guides, didnt seem to help this time.

I might as well ask now, other than some link to something...
Can someone please go thru how/when/why/where to do
the "Fog" event , please ???????
Here is a video from iDavis, I used this strategy and it works really well.
ELVENAR - Halloween 2020 - Strategies with the Misty Forest! - YouTube

@Frost Knight It has a great population per square return. I would put it out now because unless you plan on using RR's to upgrade it (and I wouldn't, as the next event could have better at no cost to you!), the chapter you earned it in is all it will ever do.

Thanks!
You've got me curious. What did you mean by "the next event could have better at no cost to you!" Better what? Do you know something I don't know, lol?

Huor

@Frost Knight I've only been playing since February, but of the few events I've been in, each new event has presented me with a building through regular event game play that was better than what I had from the previous event. So I deleted the old one and dropped in the new one. When I say no cost, the exchange was made through regular game play and did not cost RR's which are very valuable. Especially if your like me and you don't have blueprints laying around to create them. lol.

In my opinion, at least so far, buildings that provide troops are keepers. Everything else is pretty much up for grabs.

The Unbeliever

@Frost Knight I've only been playing since February, but of the few events I've been in, each new event has presented me with a building through regular event game play that was better than what I had from the previous event. So I deleted the old one and dropped in the new one. When I say no cost, the exchange was made through regular game play and did not cost RR's which are very valuable. Especially if your like me and you don't have blueprints laying around to create them. lol.

In my opinion, at least so far, buildings that provide troops are keepers. Everything else is pretty much up for grabs.
The Troop producing buildings are solid until you unlock the Simia Sapians AW at the end of the Constructs chapter. Once you have that AW unlocked, it's bonus will nuke from orbit any 'bonus' production those event buildings will provide. :)

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Dew Spinner
I think he's talking about the passive production of troops. For me, even with the Simia Sapiens AW, I still like getting the troops. My Sapiens is lvl 11 in both cities and that's an 18% increase in the amount of troops produced. That % will increase when it's upgraded more. When fed, the Brown Bear gives an additional 50% increase in troops produced. Both those increases only impact the Barracks, Training Grounds, and Merc Camp, so will not increase the passive troops supplied by event/evolving bldgs or those supplied by AW's.
I don't care, lol! **
Examples:
Barracks: I can get all the troops I need from passive production for everything except Golems, so I train only Golems all the time.
Training Grounds: I can get all the Orc Strats and Orc Warriors I need from passive production bldgs. I don't use Dryads or Banshees, so I train only Cerebus all the time.
Merc Camp training: I need to train Rangers, Blossom Mages, and Frogs. I get the Drones from the new BumbleBee Stables (though they're weak enough I never really trained them anyway; still I can use them some in lower tourney provinces) and The Vallorian Valors give guards(that's why I don't need to train Treants in the Barracks either). I get some Frogs from Witch's Hut and Brown Bear. Now I can get some Rangers from the Dojo's. Though I expect to still need to train some of both at times to keep up (those are my 3 most used troops), I can focus on Blossom Mages more frequently than without those bldgs.
**This game has convinced me I'm a 'hoarder' at heart, lol! With manual fighting and only doing 5-6K/wk in tourneys with a good supply of boost bldgs and pet food, I don't use nearly as many troops. Yet, if my browser balance for one of the troops I use goes below the >999, I train furiously until they're all back over that again (feed the brown bear, use time boosts, everything!). If a player is happy with 'only' having 2-3x's as many troops as they actually need, my approach is definitely overkill...

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
is it not cumulative?

The Simia Sapiens AW gives bonus troops for your production in the three troop buildings. It does not give a bonus on any troops from AWs or event-type buildings that give troops. So if you are choosing between space for the Simia or a few troop event buildings, the Simia wins easily. If you have room for all of it, then that is cool too.

As for all the event troop-producing buildings, the only one I have ever put out is the new one that makes Rangers because it also gives Pop. The others are just not worth my space.

BrinDarby

Witch's Hut , Wise Golum, Brown Bear, Bumblebee, & now Dojo... not including ToT
Sorceress 2, Frogs 6, Ranger 1.5, Vguard 1, Orc St 1, Orc W 1, & DroneR 1 ...

Thats 13.5 squads, per day, passive troop production, and just 1 of each bldg.
All I train is Treants and Cerebusses .... Like Samidodamage....

of those ... 3 are evolves, and I need all 3 of them.....

DeletedUser25391

I'm an event enthusiast but if I were to start playing the game now, I'm not sure I'd be as excited as I was six moths ago, for example. I've been playing Elvenar since Christmas and I have three cities, all in Chapter five, only I started two of them in August and thus they have fewer resources than my initial one. The Autumn Zodiac seems the most difficult event I've gone through so far.

My oldest city enjoyed the 100 extra keys offered by Elvenar in my email box, but it was really close - I barely managed to get the last Red Panda artifact. And this happened although I used the Ashen Phoenix and logged in frequently, including at night. One of my younger cities didn't make it. It was necessary for me to spend 1200 diamonds and buy 250 keys so that I could evolve the Red Panda to level 10. In contrast, the other younger city was so lucky in winning extra keys that I obtained a lot of daily specials, buildings, resources and troops instants. And I am going to finish the event in the Silver League there.

If I were to give some advice to a beginner, I would tell them to learn how to do the Spire so that they could earn as many diamonds as possible, which they will able to spend when necessary. In this way, I think the game will continue to be fun.
That's what we stress the most in my fellowship...the spire. Secondly, the tourney. btw... I did get the 9th artifact during the adventure, but I despise those most of all.