• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

2021 Autumn Zodiac discussion

Dew Spinner

You need to brush up on your mathing skills. ;)

The final quest becomes available Monday night at 8pm Eastern and the event ends 33 hours later. That means there are 16 hours between the start of the tournament and the end of the event.
All of this could be avoided if Gems of Knowledge had the accurate quest available on their site. It's 8 Encountetrs OR 8 Tournament Encounters.

Dew Spinner

As someone who has personally sent in multiple corrections to Jack I can say this isn't true. :rolleyes:
Gems, TomatoeHu, and Plat are all made by humans and typos/transcription errors do happen on all of them.
Things are corrected immediately on Jack's site and I have sent you a few corrections on your site. Gems inaccuracy is still there and has been for days after reporting the problem.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Things are corrected immediately on Jack's site
Again, not always true as I have personally needed multiple days to reach Jack for a correction to be added.
I have sent you a few corrections on your site.
Which we appreciate, especially the first ~50 quests which are usually done by me in about 30m and I can barely read my own handwritting
Gems inaccuracy is still there and has been for days after reporting the problem.
There's not really a big rush though is there? I mean the quest is still a ways out, and players could probably guess that since the last 100 "Solve tournament/spire" quests have had the "or solve map" alternative that this is already the case. Plus Beta would have caught it.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
@helya , this can't be right, Tourn won't open till tuesday, basically
after the event ends, how can the task be Impossible, AND have no "or" ????????
I'm not permitted to give out spoilers, but if the quest were to complete Tournament Encounters, you'll have all day Tuesday to do it, the last day is lengthened so the event does not end when the devs are not here to solve any unexpected last-minute issues.

Tehya1

In the live puzzle contest, my entry still says awaiting mod approval. Does that mean that I am not entered?

Dew Spinner

Again, not always true as I have personally needed multiple days to reach Jack for a correction to be added.

Which we appreciate, especially the first ~50 quests which are usually done by me in about 30m and I can barely read my own handwritting

There's not really a big rush though is there? I mean the quest is still a ways out, and players could probably guess that since the last 100 "Solve tournament/spire" quests have had the "or solve map" alternative that this is already the case. Plus Beta would have caught it.
That could be just his response time to you, every single time I have posted on Jack's site it has been fixed within less than 12 hrs.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
All of this could be avoided if Gems of Knowledge had the accurate quest available on their site. It's 8 Encountetrs OR 8 Tournament Encounters.

One issue with Gems is they pull the full quest list from the data files and post them before we even see them on Beta, so sometimes things change before we actually get the quest on Beta and then some sites take forever to fix any changes.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
One issue with Gems is they pull the full quest list from the data files and post them before we even see them on Beta, so sometimes things change before we actually get the quest on Beta and then some sites take forever to fix any changes.
This was a huge advantage back before the quests went all brain-dead. I used to peek at Gems before events started on beta and prep accordingly, but now every event needs the same stuff so no additional prep is needed.

Dewwy just has a weird grudge against Gems and an equally odd hardon for crush on Jack.
I mean which is it? "Jack fixes everything immediately", or "within 12h"?
How does one get on top of this lofty pedestal where you have placed him? Did he give you a kidney or something?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
This was reported to the site uploader the day that the quest spawned, and fixed before the event started on live.

Dew Spinner

This was a huge advantage back before the quests went all brain-dead. I used to peek at Gems before events started on beta and prep accordingly, but now every event needs the same stuff so no additional prep is needed.

Dewwy just has a weird grudge against Gems and an equally odd hardon for crush on Jack.
I mean which is it? "Jack fixes everything immediately", or "within 12h"?
How does one get on top of this lofty pedestal where you have placed him? Did he give you a kidney or something?
Within in 12 hrs is better than the quest still being wrong on Gems days later, I just refreshed Gems again and it is STILL wrong. Ask @Darielle about all the event currency she wasted because of Gems inaccuracies on this event.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Within in 12 hrs is better than the quest still being wrong on Gems days later, I just refreshed Gems again and it is STILL wrong. Ask @Darielle about all the event currency she wasted because of Gems inaccuracies on this event.

Oh yeah, listing the seeds wrong for that one event building was a huge error by whoever did that on Gems. Fortunately, big errors like that are very rare.

BrinDarby

I'm not permitted to give out spoilers, but if the quest were to complete Tournament Encounters, you'll have all day Tuesday to do it, the last day is lengthened so the event does not end when the devs are not here to solve any unexpected last-minute issues.
Helya , the point is ... ALL 1 day tasks, should be completeable within the 24 hrs
of that day's task. If there is no need to have an "or" it wouldn't be there, so that means
some ppl do part A, some ppl do part B ( the "or" part ) both parts should be completeable
within the framework of the 24 hr period, ie- "daily" tasks...

Sunday's task that opens @ 6pm mst, should be completeable between
6pm sunday and 559pm monday........

( thats if that will be sunday's task ) :rolleyes:

Dew Spinner

Oh yeah, listing the seeds wrong for that one event building was a huge error by whoever did that on Gems. Fortunately, big errors like that are very rare.
Apparently you didn't notice the debacle with the Pilgrams Manor Set Event, where 4 buildings had the wrong sizes and 1 of the other buildings was giving the same resources as the Pilgrams Manor.

edited to add...just refreshed Gems and Quest 74 is Still Wrong.

Last edited:

BrinDarby

I disagree.
thats a shocker .... :rolleyes:
I can't do reg encounters, fast/slow/anyway ... therefore I must do the "or"
the "or" is there for that exact reason, I want my keys within that 24 hr period
to use to try and win the daily prize, Sunday's prize is not offered Tuesday morning.