• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

2021 Misty Forest discussion

Farinx

I find the buy KP quests very easy, but I am a patient player and almost never buy KP outside of doing so for event quests.

It currently costs me 4560 Steel to buy a KP, I currently have 6M of each T1 good so it not an issue and never will be.

If you regularly buy KP with extra gold and goods it will *forever* be more difficult when asked to buy for an event quest, but it if your decision to buy KP for short term gain or not.

Tehya1

If you regularly buy KP with extra gold and goods it will *forever* be more difficult when asked to buy for an event quest
I never buy kp unless it is for an event quest. My goods and gold go into building and catering when I have to. The events suck more goods, supplies, and gold out of my city than anything else if I let it.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
People need to remember that there is no way for every quest to be equal for every player in every chapter. KP buying and pet food using and fighting encounters are simple stuff for someone like me at the end of chapter 18. But I have zero researches available to use for quests and my scouting time is over 5 days. Collecting vision vapors can be rough for anyone because of the randomness of the recipe selection. But six months from now, current players are going to be all about feeding their Red Panda to get extra VV and new players are going to be wondering what that is and why the game is so unfair to them. Bottom line, the ease or difficulty will change as you move through the chapters, except for those players who insist on sitting in the same place for months or years.

BrinDarby

People need to remember that there is no way for every quest to be equal for every player in every chapter.
incorrect , a simple dimentioned array would do the trick.....
75 tasks x 18 chapters .... task(x,y) where x is # of task, and y is chapter of player,
rather than the current .... task(x).

Last edited:

CrazyCuban

I know of at least 6 smaller/ newer cities around me and and members alt cities that are also stuck on Quest 17. They don't have pet and cannot beat very hard provs.
I am done. I gave up. I am really not trying to be a baby over this event but this is ridiculous:confused: so today I gave up. I will keep on playing, growing my baby worlds and expand on the bigger ones and wait for the next event :)

Fiona Selah

I intensely dislike this whole event.

Why?

1. It takes a LOT more ingredients/quest completions in order to gain the 20 friendly spirits I need to gain prizes making it harder to evolve the WSC and harder to get many Royal Prizes - my own fault for spending 1500 diamonds for Royal Prizes before I saw how things were going to pan out.
2. I am completely unable to go for a nice number of the building I wanted. I hit empty spaces over and over again which is a waste of all the effort and resources I put into these quests - Where before I got to choose what I wanted to go for.

***IT'S LIKE SPENDING 84 KEYS ON A CHEST ONLY TO OPEN IT AND FIND IT EMPTY!!***

3. Getting 2 KP or 2 broken shards is frankly disgusting for prizes. Yes, I said disgusting. Taking me a long time to get 420 dang ingredients to get cheap prizes is ridiculous.
4. Frankly it just seems that INNO found a way to make sure we don't get as many prizes as previous events possibly trying to force us to spend more. I won't. I will never spend anything on any similar events.
5. When I do hit on a prize I take it, personally I prefer having the three chest option. I have more choices and the choices are on EVERY MOVE I MAKE - not occasionally running into one.

This is my personal experience. Slam me all you want for having harsh criticisms, you cannot change my personal experience with this event.

I'm seriously displeased with it.

Last edited:

getmomo

I seem to be the minority but I prefer this event over the regular events. You actually have to do something and while little there is some thought that has to be put into it. Not sure why everyone wants events to be so easy and get everything. That is boring but that seems to be what the world has come to lately. Everyone expects to get everything for free and nobody wants to work for anything. Kinda sad.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member

Why?

1. It takes a LOT more ingredients/quest completions in order to gain the 20 friendly spirits I need to gain prizes making it harder to evolve the WSC and harder to get many Royal Prizes - my own fault for spending 1500 diamonds for Royal Prizes before I saw how things were going to pan out.
2. I am completely unable to go for a nice number of the building I wanted. I hit empty spaces over and over again which is a waste of all the effort and resources I put into these quests - Where before I got to choose what I wanted to go for.

3. Getting 2 KP or 2 broken shards is frankly disgusting for prizes. Yes, I said disgusting. Taking me a long time to get 420 dang ingredients to get cheap prizes is ridiculous.
4. Frankly it just seems that INNO found a way to make sure we don't get as many prizes as previous events possibly trying to force us to spend more. I won't. I will never spend anything on any similar events.
5. When I do hit on a prize I take it, personally I prefer having the three chest option. I have more choices and the choices are on EVERY MOVE I MAKE - not occasionally running into one.

This is my personal experience. Slam me all you want for having harsh criticisms, you cannot change my personal experience with this event.

I agree with you. When royal prizes first came out in the last event, I looked through the prizes and thought, "wow, three blueprints!" I went ahead and bought the royal at 1500 diamonds only to discover that there was no way in heck I would be able to reach the level to get more than one blueprint. Not only do you have to spend the 1500 diamonds, but you darned sure have to spend more diamonds than that if you want to get all the prizes in the royal line. You can't simply spend more time on Elvenar ... I practically live here and I only got one of the blueprints. So basically I paid 1500 diamonds for it when it was only worth 300 ... and yeah, I got a bunch of other prizes for it, but certainly not worth 1200 diamonds to me. It was the blueprints I really wanted, and I figured they were worth 900 so I was willing to spend an extra 600 for the lesser stuff. Not double that. I learned my lesson. I will never again buy the royal package except on the last day of the event, IF I find that I did exceptionally well and got most of the prizes from the royal that I wanted. Then, yeah, I may in the future, but it doesn't look like this is going to be one of those times.

I agree with your other assessments too. The only thing I'm going for is cats and lights. If I happen to uncover a different chest, I get it. If I have to spend a candle on it, I won't bother. It's no fun to have to pass by what could be the daily prize simply because the non-daily is such a bad prize that the candle is worth far more than it is.

If someone wants to slam you, they can slam us both at the same time. I don't blame you for being unhappy.

(and yes, the events of 2019 were much better, in my humble opinion.)

The Unbeliever

Why?

Once you get the hang of the mini game, this is a better event for maximising Grand Prizes vs. just daily prizes... it's also now an easier event to land yourself into Silver league without spending any diamonds, something which is basically all but impossible to do in the brainless '3 rotating chest' events (...as those ones instead rely 100% on being RNG blessed with gak loads of bonus currency!;))

It's just a real crap shoot that the grand prizes this year is complete Ork dung!

Now if they were to give us, say a port of the FoE Wildlife event? Hot damn - now THAT'S an event for hauling in the daily prizes!!:D:D
(no seriously, this event was hilariously stupid-insane for daily prizes, even after getting heavily nerfed on the beta play through!)

@Darielle: We seem to get 1 really great event prize per year now. :(
This year's standout prize was the Sorcerer's Set, which not only gives out basically 2CC/day, but also can allow players to remove 1-2+ T1 factories depending on if you went for extra pieces or not!
...I spent more dias than I'd wanted too for a 2nd set, but then, I was getting absolutely RNG-screwed on the bonus currencies like so many others.:p
However, 2 full sets of that event's main prize is netting me in Ch9 19k+ marble & plank AND 16k+ steel per day. On top of 2CC's + 6 relics to craft 2 more/day... that's enough T1 production to remove all 3 of my current factories if/when I need more space for say, seeds/sentient goods, etc... :)

Alram

Flippers just flip
I started playing this game right in the middle of an event and did quite well and was very excited about all the prizes I got. Seems previous events were set up much better?
They are all a little different. Which one did you start in? Did you complete all the quests? I started in this event last year and had a lot of fun and got a lot of prizes too. I didn't get very far in the quests but I was happy with all the free currency.
I do prefer the post office/shuffleboard events myself but I like that Inno tries to change things up a bit. Some players love wandering through the fog!:cool:

Fiona Selah

I seem to be the minority but I prefer this event over the regular events. You actually have to do something and while little there is some thought that has to be put into it. Not sure why everyone wants events to be so easy and get everything. That is boring but that seems to be what the world has come to lately. Everyone expects to get everything for free and nobody wants to work for anything. Kinda sad.
Sorry my friend, but this is a game and while I prefer the other kinds of events I have a totally different outlook on life and work hard for what I have. :))