• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

2021 Misty Forest discussion

Guurt The Destroyer

I don't understand this pet food discussion. Yesterday was the first time I ever spent a Pet Food in a quest for an event. Rather then spending the pet food I fought a 3 or 4 battles. If you don't have pet food then fighting a few battles on the world map is super easy.

A road block would be "Spend Pet Food," not "Spend pet food OR fight some encounters".

The event goes on for 3 weeks. You can literally do nothing for 10 days, and still finish the event.

Farinx

I haven't seen a lot of discussion about the Re-roll button for daily prizes. While I like this idea, I think I'll still wait till my preferred reward day to play the forest minigame, unless anyone can change my mind.

As I understand it, you can re-roll for any other of the daily prizes offered for the duration of the event. Can someone confirm this? It'd be enticing potentially if there was a larger / different pool of prizes that could appear. Otherwise I will probably only use the button on the final day when I have more event currency and the daily prize is underwhelming.

Elivarian

I haven't seen a lot of discussion about the Re-roll button for daily prizes. While I like this idea, I think I'll still wait till my preferred reward day to play the forest minigame, unless anyone can change my mind.

As I understand it, you can re-roll for any other of the daily prizes offered for the duration of the event. Can someone confirm this? It'd be enticing potentially if there was a larger / different pool of prizes that could appear. Otherwise I will probably only use the button on the final day when I have more event currency and the daily prize is underwhelming.
You can re-roll every time you have found 5 cats. I have done it a few times, but can't win a daily even though i have bought 3 big packs.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Farinx my thoughts exactly. Other than the last day I don't see the point.
Edit: perhaps the super edge case where you forget to play on the day when your Daily of choice shows up so you try and bring it back on the last day?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

No, not all daily prizes, only about 5-6 different options come up when you re-roll. I did not make a list from Beta, but I think it is the 4 brand new buildings for this event, plus a couple of other options. I think the re-roll feature is more for the days when some crappy past event building is the daily prize and you want more chances at one of the new buildings, then you re-roll and see what shows up.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I think the re-roll feature is more for the days when some crappy past event building is the daily prize and you want more chances at one of the new buildings, then you re-roll and see what shows up
But that's objectively a worse option than simply waiting for your prize of choice, no? Since you'd likely blow a chest or three gathering cats to flip the Daily.
I suppose it could be useful for anyone who hates spoilers and will not look at a prize list? Again though only playing on the last day becomes the best choice.

DeletedUser29768

But that's objectively a worse option than simply waiting for your prize of choice, no? Since you'd likely blow a chest or three gathering cats to flip the Daily.
The other scenario I can think of is if you wanted several different prizes, and had played on the day of your prize of choice and gotten as many as you wanted, you could then re-roll to try to get something else. Still, it doesn't seem too terribly useful.

Tehya1

These events make me feel terrible. lol They cause stress and a sense of hopelessness a lot of the time. I know that I prrobably need to do them to get whatever supplies and buildings that I can, but they are not fun, and that kind of contradicts what a game should be.

Farinx

No, not all daily prizes, only about 5-6 different options come up when you re-roll. I did not make a list from Beta, but I think it is the 4 brand new buildings for this event, plus a couple of other options. I think the re-roll feature is more for the days when some crappy past event building is the daily prize and you want more chances at one of the new buildings, then you re-roll and see what shows up.

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure which are the new buildings (moose bog, phantom bear maybe?). it would be helpful to have a complete list of possible re-rolls to know if what I'm looking for is even possible to find there.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Just coming here to say the splash graphics while loading the game is far cooler and superior to the very weird goblin flower on the cliff image we got for Queen’s Fairy Retreat event.

ok, carry on about re-rolling. Sorry for the interruption.

DeletedUser29768

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure which are the new buildings (moose bog, phantom bear maybe?). it would be helpful to have a complete list of possible re-rolls to know if what I'm looking for is even possible to find there.
The new buildings are the lost cemetery, phantom bear and moose bog. I haven't done any re-rolls, so I'm not sure what else they give you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elivarian

I suppose it could be useful for anyone who hates spoilers and will not look at a prize list? Again though only playing on the last day becomes the best choice.
I thought about that. So it takes cats from our forward moving in the event ?

DeletedUser29768

I thought about that. So it takes cats from our forward moving in the event ?
No, it has no effect on your grand prize progress. This is only a secondary result of collecting cats; it does not actually use them up.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Please post link to daily prizes. Thanks...
I use Tomatoe's Spreadsheet
Note that it is a work in progress and won't be complete until the last day of the event in beta. Quests/Daily prizes are only listed after they've been confirmed in actual game play on beta.
You need to click the tabs at the bottom to get lists of quests, daily prize schedule, etc. There is a tab for the New Bldgs in this event, the evolving bldg and last yr's bldgs as well.
You can also find a daily prize list and a lot of other event info at
Elven Gems

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The new buildings are the lost cemetery, phantom bear and moose bog. I haven't done any re-rolls, so I'm not sure what else there is.

No, Lost Cemetery is an old one from last year. The new buildings all have the ghost animals on them. The four that are daily prizes and the one you can only get when buying the Royal prize pass.

DeletedUser29768

No, Lost Cemetery is an old one from last year. The new buildings all have the ghost animals on them.
No, the lost cemetery is new. It was not in the 2020 Misty Forest event. Also, btw, it does have spirit animals: a fox chasing a rabbit. Maybe you're thinking of the disturbed resting place?
The four that are daily prizes and the one you can only get when buying the Royal prize pass.
There are only three new daily exclusives; if the lost cemetery isn't one, then what other two were you thinking of? Are you counting the spirit wolf pack? (You shouldn't.)

Last edited by a moderator: