• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

2021 Misty Forest discussion

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Or the 70 or 80% of the players who do not use the forums or the Facebook groups or have any idea sites like elvengems even exist.
But... how is re-rolling different than simply waiting?

Even if you never use the forums or FB the most logical play is to wait until you see something that you want in which case you won't re-roll.
Then at the end once you've seen all prizes and if you have some currency left maybe you'll use the feature and maybe you'll get back to that choice. Seems very unlikely.

It's just not very useful and even the edge cases below don't really change that imo.
For y'all who can't figure out why anybody would want to reroll... it's useful when you are impatient and simply MUST walk through the fog a bit but hate the current daily. I'm not trying to get any specific prize out of it.
Fair point. If you don't care then blowing some chests while gathering cats to flip chests just for something to do while bored is a valid choice.
And really is there anything enticing this event? I haven't analysed any of the offerings but it looks like a 20KP/ blossum instant sort of event....
The other scenario I can think of is if you wanted several different prizes, and had played on the day of your prize of choice and gotten as many as you wanted, you could then re-roll to try to get something else. Still, it doesn't seem too terribly useful.
Ok, this actually makes sense. If your #2 choice comes before your #1 choice then you could re-roll (again on the last day) in order to try and get back to that #2 choice daily.
I almost never go for more than 1 Daily reward since one is usually better than all others (for me in my current situation) so I hadn't considered this.

Last edited:

Kekune

And really is there anything enticing this event?
Not particularly. And dailies seem few and far between in this style. I'm choosing to just focus on the mechanics, which I find very entertaining, and not worry terribly about the dailies. Everything I expect to get from this event is pretty much a filler prize anyway, so I'll at least try to avoid getting really ugly ones. The new ones do look nicer than last year's, so I'm glad to see that's what I'll be re-rolling for.

I do like that the chests have prizes grouped by type. That would mean more in an event with a more straightforward choice of chests, but it seems like a good step.

StarLoad

The point was that we just came outta an event and FA that begg'd for ppl to start
making petfood.... Also, by CH3 you should know that there's a list of tasks @ eGems
and prolly a good Idea to go take a look...... between those 2 things, most players
will have crafted more than a few petfood during the event and FA.... duhh
@BrinDarby, I do not know where or how your get the IDEA that "FA that begg'd for ppl to start making petfood" and that "by CH3 you should know that there's a list of tasks @ eGems and prolly a good Idea to go take a look" presumes that the player is in chapter 3 and thats a bad assumption to make and there are still players today that are pointed to Elvengems for the first time and many are not in Chapter 1, 2 or 3 either.

So again you are incorrect and just spouting off, and please use full English words ...

BrinDarby

I do not know where or how your get the IDEA that "FA that begg'd for ppl to start making petfood"
RedPandaMaster uses petfood ( had just ended )
Feeding Redpanda is very very usefull for the FA
SINCE the main benefit was increased VV thus Residue badges.

As soon as ya had the RPM, you're already looking to make petfood
before the FA and beyond ..... way before this event started.

and that "by CH3 you should know that there's a list of tasks @ eGems and prolly a good Idea to go take a look"
most ppl don't blast thru to CH3 in 2 weeks, as a brand new player ( to elvenar ).... anyone with 1/2 a brain
joins the forum when they join the game..... but your right, if a player never joins a FS, never come here to forum
then they prolly might not know about eGems, but otherwise YES they should know about eGems. Many
but not most FSs even copy/paste those Tasks.... into msgs ingame for thier FS members, along with posting
the link ( before an event starts ) to eGems.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
anyone with 1/2 a brain
joins the forum when they join the game
Speak for yourself. Most of us here have more than half a brain ;)
The developers have stated that fewer than 0.02% of Elvenar players visit the forums. Think about that.
SINCE the main benefit was increased VV thus Residue badges.
Wild assumption.
Firstly not every new player got the bear to level 10 and 1 extra VV is like nothing.
Sure, it's good at max level for the FA, but I guarantee that for the tens of thousands of players who aren't FA competitive the main use will be to get more VV for Mystical objects, not the largely irrelevant residue badges 6x per year.

Also, if you actually were correct and they got the bear for the FA and used it for the FA they might have used all of the petfood they had. Hence leaving them with none.

Last edited:

Huor

Unfortunately, none of the lost items give event currency. :(

That's not good. I don't see the value in the event building below level 10 and I'm not sure I'm going to come close as I needed the free event currency push. At least it seems it always helped get me there. Darn.

Tehya1

There are a lot of comments about what newer players should or shouldn't have known going into this event, and even before starting this game, ie being as smart as some people think that everyone should be. I wish I had the time to spend doing extensive research on this game before I started, and a lot of time on my hands to ponder everything that I should expect in an event, but I don't. This is a game. It is not my job. It is not my Rl, and yet it is becoming as demanding as both when it should be something that I do to have fun and relax. Then there is the problem of progress stops that can't be overcome easily by newer players. The kp buying quest (NOT an or quest. You have to buy kp to progress) is very difficult for me, especially since my goods are strapped between having to cater the spire to help me and my FS, and build an ever more expensive resource row (houses, manufacturing). Some of you are as hard on new players as the game is, so coming to the forum can be just as discouraging as getting stuck in the stupid quest line.

Kekune

That's not good. I don't see the value in the event building below level 10 and I'm not sure I'm going to come close as I needed the free event currency push.
You don't win the currency itself but you do find lights hidden in the fog. All you'd have done with the pumpkin currency anyway is buy those lights. Does that help ease your worry?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
No, the lost cemetery is new. It was not in the 2020 Misty Forest event. Also, btw, it does have spirit animals: a fox chasing a rabbit. Maybe you're thinking of the disturbed resting place?

There are only three new daily exclusives; if the lost cemetery isn't one, then what other two were you thinking of? Are you counting the spirit wolf pack? (You shouldn't.)

Weird. I swore I remembered four dailies that had ghost animals, but I looked back through all the notes from Beta and could only find the three. I probably re-rolled so much that they all blurred together and made me think there were four. lol

But if everyone wants something that is not the starting daily, I do remember a troop instant for Blossom Mages coming up on re-rolls. I think it may be a normal daily prize once, as well? The Doctor Freakenspleen building came up on a re-roll and is also a daily on one day. And Pumpkin Patch and one of the ones that gives orcs. And some small culture-only item from last year. So that is three new buildings, three old buildings, and a troop instant I know for sure rotate through the re-rolls.

Huor

You don't win the currency itself but you do find lights hidden in the fog. All you'd have done with the pumpkin currency anyway is buy those lights. Does that help ease your worry?

I agree that that is a bit of help as I have found the odd and end candle here and there (and a lantern or two), but nothing like a nice roll of 200 event currency that can buy a crap load of candles. lol.

DeletedUser29768

Weird. I swore I remembered four dailies that had ghost animals, but I looked back through all the notes from Beta and could only find the three. I probably re-rolled so much that they all blurred together and made me think there were four. lol
Happens to the best of us. At one point some were thinking the spirit wolf pack would be a daily; maybe that had something to do with it.
I do remember a troop instant for Blossom Mages coming up on re-rolls. I think it may be a normal daily prize once, as well?
Yep, it's the exclusive for Day 19.
And some small culture-only item from last year.
That was probably the Lonely Scarecrow, no?
So that is three new buildings, three old buildings, and a troop instant I know for sure rotate through the re-rolls.
Thanks for the info, that's very helpful to know. It sounds like at least the majority (okay, half ;)) of the dailies are available in the re-rolls at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:

StarLoad

RedPandaMaster uses petfood ( had just ended )
Again, you presume that everyone participated in the event and got and placed a Red Panda Master and was in a Fellowship that participated in the FA and, would of course "Feed" it and would have plenty of CC spells and Fragments to craft and they actually have a Magic Academy and use it to craft items .... Just give it up

Huor

It is sad that they combined a pet food with an "or" of fight and win (I think it said fight not solve) in 3 encounters which is most likely not going to happen given that new players (myself included) over scouted right out the gate. We have a couple of new players in our fellowship stuck here. It's very sad as none of us can help them get around it.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Thanks for the info, that's very helpful to know. It sounds like at least the majority of the dailies are available in the re-rolls at some point.

Well, only the majority if you are being literal and meaning at least 51% of the daily prizes can be re-rolled for. But counting up everything and eliminating the duplicate days, it looks like there are 14 unique daily prizes, so if 7 of them are in the re-roll rotation, that is exactly 50%. lol