• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

2021 Misty Forest discussion

BrinDarby

so is the Fog map the same for everyone ???

if so..... why hasn't someone done a thread and posted pics ?
and if its the same one from Beta, why isn't there a Egems
section showing where everything is ???

( ps: I don't want one, just ask'n anyway )

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

if so..... why hasn't someone done a thread and posted pics ?
and if its the same one from Beta, why isn't there a Egems
section showing where everything is ???

( ps: I don't want one, just ask'n anyway )

Nope, other than the first maybe 20-25 squares, it is random for everyone.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The first screen plus 1 column was identical for me & tomatoehu then it all changed. There is definitely some repetition though which makes me think that there are "chunks" of ~16 columns and you get a random chunk next. (chunk size and number of different chunks is totally unknown by me, if this is even correct)

Last edited:

Tehya1

This event is getting blasted on fb fo all of the reasons that people ae complaining about here. I am sue that I won't be placing the evolving building in any of my cities because i won't be able to evolve the damn thing at this rate. I am past the point of caring. This event like trying to swim through molasses.

CrazyCuban

I don't understand this pet food discussion. Yesterday was the first time I ever spent a Pet Food in a quest for an event. Rather then spending the pet food I fought a 3 or 4 battles. If you don't have pet food then fighting a few battles on the world map is super easy.

A road block would be "Spend Pet Food," not "Spend pet food OR fight some encounters".

The event goes on for 3 weeks. You can literally do nothing for 10 days, and still finish the event.
It can turn into a roadblock when you have no pet food and you are fighting in provinces that are "very hard" I say this because that's where I am sitting at the moment. I disenchanted pet food eons ago. So now I wait for the pet food to come up on the Magic Academy or keep trying to fight unwinnable battles.

CrazyCuban

This event is getting blasted on fb fo all of the reasons that people ae complaining about here. I am sue that I won't be placing the evolving building in any of my cities because i won't be able to evolve the damn thing at this rate. I am past the point of caring. This event like trying to swim through molasses.
I agree. It seems like every time they bring up an event they just make it more difficult and confusing by throwing in whatever without much thought. I love this game have been playing on and off for years but damn the events are becoming not worth playing anymore

Guurt The Destroyer

It can turn into a roadblock when you have no pet food and you are fighting in provinces that are "very hard" I say this because that's where I am sitting at the moment. I disenchanted pet food eons ago. So now I wait for the pet food to come up on the Magic Academy or keep trying to fight unwinnable battles.

There are three weeks for the event. You have plenty of time. There is no real reason to rush the event as in the end the quests are locked, with one being released each day.

Waiting for pet food isn't going to prevent you from finishing the event. Sometimes I don't do a single event quest for 3 or 4 days as I am waiting for a tournament to start or waiting for the Spire to start. I finished my Spire last Sunday. So I have to wait until Sunday for any event that involves the Spire. No big deal. I could go on vacation for 10 days, and still finish the event. There is plenty of time.

This is a road block I created for myself, but I did it because it simply doesn't matter. There is literally no reason for me to rush the event.

I have yet to even spend a single point in the event yet. I will do it later. Lots of time.

Kekune

It really bums me out to hear that folks hate this event. I, for one, love it and wish we would get MORE variety like this, not less.

It seems to be generally well-liked in my fellowship. One person asked in chat about how to move the lights over to the fog; she was quickly helped and it didn't seem like a big barrier. I've heard zero complaints there, but comments from several people about this being a favorite event style.

DeletedUser29768

It really bums me out to hear that folks hate this event. I, for one, love it and wish we would get MORE variety like this, not less.
I agree wholeheartedly. I really like the events in general, and I especially enjoy the strategic aspects of this one. Sure, it means you're going to have to think to do well in the event, but is that really such a problem? :oops: I do get that some of the quests were poorly designed and difficult if not impossible for many newer players, but I'm not going to hate the entire event for that (though some probably are).
It seems to be generally well-liked in my fellowship. One person asked in chat about how to move the lights over to the fog; she was quickly helped and it didn't seem like a big barrier. I've heard zero complaints there, but comments from several people about this being a favorite event style.
For what it's worth, my fellowship liked it too.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The same thing happened last year with a few crappy quest combos and very lackluster dailies also very low chances of even winning them.
Sadly most players lump all feedback together into "I don't like this event".

I'd love to see what would happen if the quests were easier, the daily prizes were very desirable and the odds were much higher.
I bet suddenly a lot more players would "Love this format" despite those things having nothing to do with the format. :(

People leave a bad tip for the waitress if the food tastes bad, regardless of how awesome, friendly, and efficient the service was.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
This event board is in my humble opinion the biggest mess that InnoGames have ever dreamed up!
I am so glad that I will not have to work with this nightmare for another year - unless they come to their senses and banish it entirely before then. It is entirely random and takes 30 minutes to an hour of boring click-click-click-click where I could use the time better elsewhere - to generate a random bag of unexciting itty-bitty junk that I have absolutely zero control over. It is about as interesting or exciting as counting the grains of sand on the beach. My principal objection to this format, shared by a large number of players in my group, is that it takes forever to spend your event currency, unlike the other formats. This evening it took almost 3/4 hour to blow my event currency in just one city; it would take several hours if you had a number of cities.
:(

Many (most?) players prefer the nine rotating chests / hoops / spheres to the Shuffleboard and other variants on the event screen like Misty Forest - even though the shuffleboard has become a lot more user-friendly these days. The chests give one more control over how you plan your spending of event currency - particularly for those not interested in the Grand Prize, who only do the event for ‘filler items’ like Instants and Boosters.

Please game designers - the trash can is the best place to consign this abomination!!
I'm with you on this one, Jack.

Tehya1

The same thing happened last year with a few crappy quest combos and very lackluster dailies also very low chances of even winning them.
Sadly most players lump all feedback together into "I don't like this event".
I actually like the board. It does give you a chance to make choices, but getting to the board is a pita at best, and impossible at worst.

There are three weeks for the event. You have plenty of time.
You don't, though, if you are trying to do too many quests that take days to a week or more because you are a small player who doesn't have a ton of resources to buy kp with, hasnt gotten to the spire to get ccs, and has ovescouted, if not in the course of trying to progress in the game, then trying to progress in the event itself! What disappoints me aleady is that I probably won't get all of the artifacts for the evolving building after struggling though these frustrating quests for 3 weeks. 3 weeks isn't long enough for smaller players to ovecome quests that they aren't ready to fulfil because of the stage that they are at.

Guurt The Destroyer

I actually like the board. It does give you a chance to make choices, but getting to the board is a pita at best, and impossible at worst.

You don't, though, if you are trying to do too many quests that take days to a week or more because you are a small player who doesn't have a ton of resources to buy kp with, hasnt gotten to the spire to get ccs, and has ovescouted, if not in the course of trying to progress in the game, then trying to progress in the event itself! What disappoints me aleady is that I probably won't get all of the artifacts for the evolving building after struggling though these frustrating quests for 3 weeks. 3 weeks isn't long enough for smaller players to ovecome quests that they aren't ready to fulfil because of the stage that they are at.

I have a hard time understanding this. I am a relatively new player. My first event was this year. I believe this is only my fifth event. I am not a veteran player.

When my first event started I was in chapter 1. I got started in it late. I still have the Chapter 1 event building and I have 9 artifacts for it. I never used it because chapter 1 buildings are useless. I have always managed to finish every event (other than the first one) and I often don't do any quests for several days at a time. This was true when I was in chapter 2, 3, and 4. The first 2 events I thought rushing was important, but it isn't.

Also, none of the buildings you get in an Event matter other than the main prize, and even then it is questionable. You simply can't get enough RR to upgrade them all. So you just end up selling them eventually as they are inferior to what you will get later, and you can't possibly upgrade them all.

My opinion is based on my experiences with the Events as a relatively new player.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I never used it because chapter 1 buildings are useless.

MOST are useless. A chapter 1 Fire Phoenix or Brown Bear that is even partially leveled is just as awesome as a chapter 18 version because the feeding effect does not change based on chapter. Same with the Coldfire Phoenix. That feeding effect is 14 free KP at level 10 when you start a scout. Now think about how many scouts a chapter 1 player could start during a single feeding. Even the baby Coldfire at level 1 is 5KP per scout started and that is in crafting right now. And of course the Polar Bear, again no change in feeding effect from chapter. A level 1 will reduce tournament cooldown by 10% regardless of chapter, and that is enough to let some people do all 6 stars of a province without having to juggle their schedule. Now, the rest with a feeding effect? Not so useful in early chapters at low evolve level, especially the ones with no feeding effect.

Guurt The Destroyer

MOST are useless. A chapter 1 Fire Phoenix or Brown Bear that is even partially leveled is just as awesome as a chapter 18 version because the feeding effect does not change based on chapter. Same with the Coldfire Phoenix. That feeding effect is 14 free KP at level 10 when you start a scout. Now think about how many scouts a chapter 1 player could start during a single feeding. Even the baby Coldfire at level 1 is 5KP per scout started and that is in crafting right now. And of course the Polar Bear, again no change in feeding effect from chapter. A level 1 will reduce tournament cooldown by 10% regardless of chapter, and that is enough to let some people do all 6 stars of a province without having to juggle their schedule. Now, the rest with a feeding effect? Not so useful in early chapters at low evolve level, especially the ones with no feeding effect.

Sure, but my level 1 evolving event building is the Queen's Fairy Retreat. Do I want to use 16 RR every chapter for that building? No.

A low level player can only have so many buildings they intend to take into the future. You have to pick and choose. And the daily prize buildings are even more worthless. I don't even bother worrying about them for the most part as RR are simply too hard to get.

Guurt The Destroyer

Lower Level players will "generally" benefit more from the occasional Daily bldg and all the free Instants and enchantments ect... they will "win" IMO that is all the low chapter players should strive for. It is what I am doing in my ch 3 city ...

Yeah, I picked up a couple of Dojos in the last event, but mostly I generally spend all of my event currency on days when the daily prize is AW KP or unit instants. I only get the buildings to disenchant for the spell fragments.

In the last few weeks I disenchanted a bunch of buildings that I got in previous events because people talked about how good they were... but they are meaningless when they are 5 or 6 chapters behind your current chapter... and they only get worse with time. Putting them out is actually a waste of resources as I lose the spell fragments.

Tehya1

@Guurt The Destroyer good points. However, it is human nature to want to win. I am really playing devil's advocate here, because I don't have my heart set on any one building in this event, and if I don't get all of the artifacts for the event building, meh. I will see if they become available again, or sell it for bear and phoenix artifacts or another moon stone library set. I would like to have all of the artifacts. I only got four in the last event in one of my cities (got two more in the fa), and I managed to get one in another city to 10, but I spent real money that I shouldn't have, and I did not finish the quest line. What sucked even more is that for all my spending and trying, I slipped from a solid silver league player to bronze in the last few hours. lol This event, I am pessimistic about finishing, refusing to spend real money, and enjoying the board when I finally do get to it, but these events overall don't make me feel great, at least not yet, and I can see how they might cause less tenacious players than me leave the game. In the other events that you finished, did you have this many kp quests? Were you trying to build your city and do the spire? Did you have to use pet food as a quest? I am in ch4 and still can't do the whole spire without negotiating, so having to spread my meager goods even farther for 25 kp points is a hardship, as is using pet food unless using it corresponds with the tourney or spire. Neither of those quests existed in the fall event that I am aware
of.

Tehya1

Lower Level players will "generally" benefit more from the occasional Daily bldg and all the free Instants and enchantments ect... they will "win" IMO that is all the low chapter players should strive for. It is what I am doing in my ch 3 city ...
I am doing that this time for the most parrt, but again, it is human nature to want to win. Horse, carrot and all. ;)