• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

2021 Misty Forest discussion

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I intensely dislike this whole event.

Why?
Forgive me if I missed it, but it looks like everything you disliked about the event was prize-related and not the format itself, right?
So if there were say 100% more chests or simply better prizes within the chests, how would you feel?
I assume that you'd hate the 3-chest format equally if you got 2 shards or 2 KP from those too.

This is what inno did wrong two years in a row now- a different, interesting format with bad dailies that you get very few of totally skewing the feedback.

Tehya1

Forgive me if I missed it, but it looks like everything you disliked about the event was prize-related and not the format itself, right?
This is the case for me. I really like the format. I hate the chest prizes, and I am being very picky about the dailies. Even the grand prizes are a bit lame in places. Because I am in ch 4/5 in two of my cities, the royal prizes would be useful IF i get far enough along, but really not worth it if I don't, which means that inno will fail to get my money that I would have spent if I had a snow balls chance of getting at least 2/3 of the royal prizes. If I can't complete quests fast enough to progress far enough, I won't buy the pass.

Based on the responses here, inno won't make much on this event, and I hope they take stock and make some changes.

Iyapo1

Based on the responses here, inno won't make much on this event
Oh, I dont know about that. I keep looking at my diamonds thinking about how many lights I could buy with them! I really enjoy this format.

I dont even care what dailies I get, I just enjoy wandering in the mist.

The only reason I have not spent my diamonds is fear that the next event will have a GP or buildings that I really really want!...Next event is (hopefully)shuffle board! @Alram shuffle board is also my favorite!

Tehya1

Here is what annoys me the most: I used up my pet food on the stupid quests, ie, feeding the RP with some of the few pet foods that I had. Now the pet food has not shown up in my ma in my bigger city since the event started, and I have no food to feed my fire bird for tourney and spire. This after being able to craft it at least twice a week.

DeletedUser29768

The only reason I have not spent my diamonds is fear that the next event will have a GP or buildings that I really really want!
If you're curious, you can check out the list of new buildings for the next two events on the beta thread here. We don't have all the details, but it might help you for planning purposes.

Iyapo1

@LeviathanJob during the shuffle board inno sometimes hides itty bitty absolutely killer buildings on the board. They are not new, they are not dailies they are just...frozen giant shrines, black lotuses, etc. mixed in the boards.

DeletedUser29768

@LeviathanJob during the shuffle board inno sometimes hides itty bitty absolutely killer buildings on the board. They are not new, they are not dailies they are just...frozen giant shrines, black lotuses, etc. mixed in the boards.
Yeah, that's certainly a possibility. But hey, at least you can see the GP and potential dailies. If those are worth saving your diamonds for, then definitely do so; if not, it's more of a judgment call.

CrazyCuban

I agree with you. When royal prizes first came out in the last event, I looked through the prizes and thought, "wow, three blueprints!" I went ahead and bought the royal at 1500 diamonds only to discover that there was no way in heck I would be able to reach the level to get more than one blueprint. Not only do you have to spend the 1500 diamonds, but you darned sure have to spend more diamonds than that if you want to get all the prizes in the royal line. You can't simply spend more time on Elvenar ... I practically live here and I only got one of the blueprints. So basically I paid 1500 diamonds for it when it was only worth 300 ... and yeah, I got a bunch of other prizes for it, but certainly not worth 1200 diamonds to me. It was the blueprints I really wanted, and I figured they were worth 900 so I was willing to spend an extra 600 for the lesser stuff. Not double that. I learned my lesson. I will never again buy the royal package except on the last day of the event, IF I find that I did exceptionally well and got most of the prizes from the royal that I wanted. Then, yeah, I may in the future, but it doesn't look like this is going to be one of those times.

I agree with your other assessments too. The only thing I'm going for is cats and lights. If I happen to uncover a different chest, I get it. If I have to spend a candle on it, I won't bother. It's no fun to have to pass by what could be the daily prize simply because the non-daily is such a bad prize that the candle is worth far more than it is.

If someone wants to slam you, they can slam us both at the same time. I don't blame you for being unhappy.

(and yes, the events of 2019 were much better, in my humble opinion.)
I don't even bother looking at the royal prizes 1500 diamonds is way too much to spend all in one place. I like to spread it around :)
Also all the prizes in this particular event are horrible including the evolving building. It's all very disappointing. I look forward to these events and I hope the next one will be better :confused:

Huor

Inno proved today in RoC that quests can be modified on the fly. So many new players with early cities were having trouble with the "win this battle" and no other option that they added "or" options to the battles for the rest of the event. No software update needed. Many happy players now so it can be done.

Fiona Selah

So if there were say 100% more chests or simply better prizes within the chests, how would you feel?
I assume that you'd hate the 3-chest format equally if you got 2 shards or 2 KP from those too.

This is what inno did wrong two years in a row now- a different, interesting format with bad dailies that you get very few of totally skewing the feedback.
Hmmm, I thought the format was creative. I appreciate that. But it was extremely frustrating to watch all my lights dwindle and only get 2-3 lame prizes after spending over 600 ingredients on them which is what has been happening. I haven't been clearing every nook and cranny in the mist either. To play it smart we need to do 8-9 quests to get the best light package. That takes a long time.

So I get about 53 ingredients for 1 quest. Usually you can grab a chest for 23-84 keys (or whatever the event currency is). I am not a mathematician, but I am not even close to the amount of prizes I usually scoop up in an event.

Also another point is with the Zodiac event we were able to get our 20 stardust in a straightforward fashion. Here you have to first find the friendly spirits, then waste another light in order to collect them most of the time instead if being able to use the light to find a prize. So those prizes/royal prizes are also at an extreme trickle.

So I would have to say I also have a problem with the format, but feel it could be changed.

*** Let's take the ingredients out of the formula and receive lights instead for each quest, improve the prizes and tweak those buildings just a bit and that would make one hellofa fun event imo!

Last edited:

Fiona Selah

They are all a little different. Which one did you start in? Did you complete all the quests? I started in this event last year and had a lot of fun and got a lot of prizes too. I didn't get very far in the quests but I was happy with all the free currency.
I do prefer the post office/shuffleboard events myself but I like that Inno tries to change things up a bit. Some players love wandering through the fog!:cool:

Ya know, I started in early March of this year and can't remember which event that was, it had about 14 days left in it. I know I couldn't finish it, but that didn't matter to me bc I was able to get quite a few goodies which made this noob quite happy at the time!

I do appreciate that they are changing things up. I think they could tweak this event to make it comparable to others. I posted above that if they remove the ingredients and let us collect lights instead in the quests I would be one happy camper!

CrazyCuban

I seem to be the minority but I prefer this event over the regular events. You actually have to do something and while little there is some thought that has to be put into it. Not sure why everyone wants events to be so easy and get everything. That is boring but that seems to be what the world has come to lately. Everyone expects to get everything for free and nobody wants to work for anything. Kinda sad.
This is a game fantasy. I play to forget the madness in the real world for a while. I love to play the events, but this one seems to be put together without any rhyme or reason. The quests are repetitive and boring, the prizes including the evolving building aren't worth all the time spent on the event and quests. That's just my opinion.

getmomo

Sorry my friend, but this is a game and while I prefer the other kinds of events I have a totally different outlook on life and work hard for what I have. :))

Yes, it's a free game and you are getting upset that you don't get more for free. To each there own.