• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

2021 Misty Forest discussion

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
This really isn’t worth an argument. This is supposed to be for feedback. I gave mine. Back when it was not possible to get grand prizes without spending big I used to spend $50 and more on all events. The prizes were worth it IMO back then. Recently not so much. My belief is that if the devs want to make the $ they need to off of events they need feedback on why those who were in the habit of spending big on events don’t anymore. I think they are obviously reaching for that income with the royal prizes. Of course if the event isn’t worth playing the royal prizes offering is worthless.

BrinDarby

compared to normal, even League scores seem to be down...
and I still seem to only bank 17ish GP pts, per 420 pkg, not 20.
wierd thing is I'm closer to Silver than normal......

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@Deborah M @Enevhar Aldarion yes, I can get them, it was just whinge sorry. I get a few each night from neighbourly help too, but I had the MA loaded with a high value vision vaper already that I was saving, as I already had a research ready to complete. Looking at the quest list again though, I'll probably just claim the vision vapor now, as I can easily claim 3 enchantment spells on the second last day, which was the only remaining day to use vision vapour.

The Unbeliever

compared to normal, even League scores seem to be down...
and I still seem to only bank 17ish GP pts, per 420 pkg, not 20.
wierd thing is I'm closer to Silver than normal......
Great thing about this event is that it's more skill based vs. brain dead RNG based! ;)

As for whether it's worth it to spend real $$$ and/or why not? Simple. The prizes in this event are absolute rat gak!
Give us GOOD prizes for once, such as Fire Phoenix, Brown/Polar Bear, Witch Hut, etc... levels of power, and some dailies that give some small, perma troop boosts, and players will throw their wallets at the game again.

I know some here hate whenever it's brought up, but the extremely successful FoE events that see the diamonds roll in, are the ones that offer big boosts to players' attacking armies.
Anything that offers just goods/supply production boosts and/or defensive army boosts? Nope, gets ignored by pretty much ALL that whales and diamond farmers/moderate spenders... only noobs who don't know any better spend a bit, and after being bitten that first time, they learn their lesson. ;)

Over powered prizes make money - LOTS! of money!
Sucky prizes like the current ones make a couple pennies. :p

Tehya1

only noobs who don't know any better spend a bit, and after being bitten that first time, they learn their lesson.
This is me. lol In the fall event, I spent until I hit the time outs, and then I got knocked out of the silver league in the last few hours of the event. I am not spending this time, and the only interest that I have in most of thre buildings is the art work, which is good in some buildings. I would love to have the spirit wolf pack, but I will not pay 1500 diamonds for it because I won't get far enough along to make that royal pass worth the money overall.

Alram

Flippers just flip
My big city is a year old ch9.

I have a ch2 city on Sinya.
I picked up some drops and the free daily gifts. I completed 5 quests.

I now have:
2 gargoyle fountains
2 light range
1 light melee
1 mage merc
1 coin 33%
1 coin 10%
2 supply 10%
1 portal profit 10%
2 AW 10
1 AW 7
1 AW 5
1 Power of Provision
1 Inspiring Meditation
3 tome shards
1 base building
1 artifact

How much better should my ch2 city have done?

BrinDarby

I'll just say it, I agree with SoggyShorts, this event does take a few brain cells.
( its not just mindless dribble ). While no way I'm hitt'n 260 , so for me thats a
-fail-, but by the looks of the leagues.... and with no xtra currency in chests,
I seem to be doing better than normal, go figure... I have no clue if I'm doing
good or bad, I'm just doing what the forum said..... go east !! and keep going !!

Amazing just how much League scores are down compared to usuall by now.

The Unbeliever

I'll just say it, I agree with SoggyShorts, this event does take a few brain cells.
( its not just mindless dribble ). While no way I'm hitt'n 260 , so for me thats a
-fail-, but by the looks of the leagues.... and with no xtra currency in chests,
I seem to be doing better than normal, go figure... I have no clue if I'm doing
good or bad, I'm just doing what the forum said..... go east !! and keep going !!

Amazing just how much League scores are down compared to usuall by now.
...now if only we could get the St. Paddy's day or Wildlife mini games ported over here?! ;)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So far it is going better for me here than on Beta, but I wandered a bit more there and bought a few of the 195-cost packs instead of only buying the 420-cost ones. Completed grand prize #13 tonight and there are enough quests left to get enough lights on the final day for the final artifact. What annoys me though, is not getting enough to make it to the cat avatar. And I am not spending money just for that, even though a lot of other people in the same spot probably would, and that is why Inno set it up this way.