• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

2021 Misty Forest discussion

The Unbeliever

All I can say is that impatience is a big negative to have with this mini-game format, while in the other formats Inno uses, it does not really hurt. For example, I have been down to just doing the daily quests since the 3rd day of the event, so once I had used up all of that currency on buying the 420-cost packs, I had to make myself wait, so that about every 3-4 days, I had built up enough again to get another 420-cost pack of lights. And because of that patience, I completed my Witch's Circle last night. I was less patient in my Beta city, buying a few of the 195 packs and some single candles, and ended up one full grand prize short and had to get one artifact from the FA to finish it.

And, of course, luck still plays a big part of this format. I have no idea how many extra lights I found in the fog as I progressed, in either city, so my US city may have also gotten more of those than in Beta, and that makes a difference. I don't think the placement of the cats is as random as some people think, though, but if someone does not explore around the fog some, instead of doing something unproductive like going in a straight line, a lot of cats and prizes will be missed.
The Witch's Circle is just plain awful in terms of it's overall worth... that's no different than seemingly 75-80% of the other various events, as the Elvenar devs seem to hate players having powerful buildings after the whole Fire Chicken -> endless Bears fiasco. ;)
The only objectively "good" prizes this time around, are the couple of Ork producing buildings, which while not on the same level as the Ork Nest, are still overall decent enough Ork producers that they're worth placing in most cities. And of course, it's fantastic to see the return of *actual* unit instants vs. just adding 'X' units directly to the army camp. :)

As for the mini game itself, the real trick is to figure out how to most efficiently keep the screen scrolling to the right, while at least highlighting as much fog as possible with every tool. (ie: turning dark fog into light fog so it reveals whether or not anything is hidden within;))
Avoid the urge to try and light up those gak-awful 'twisty-turny' tunnels within the impediments, and instead focus on clearing out the more open areas. Sure, you may miss a couple of cats and a handful of chests along the way doing so, but considering the heinous amount of lights actually required to get through those little 'mini mazes', you'll make-up those potentially missed items 10x over by simply pushing the screen forwards. :)

Hopefully next year we can add the Calendar to the mix which will add a while new puzzle layer to the event for even more strategic game play?!

While I'm not the first one to point this out, @helya is the one who created this thread to solicit feedback. I'm offering my feedback. I don't know what the St. Paddy's or Wildlife mini games are, but if your glee over negative feedback is any indication, I'm guessing they are akin to the Misty Forest. In which case, they'll likely be more events that a portion of players will opt out of. Which is fine, I'm happy to do just tournies and the spire every week, but if Inno's goal is to ensure the maximum number of players stay engaged as frequently as possible and spend cash (the more players log in, the greater the chance they'll spend money), then it'll just come down to what events do that the most.

PS. One of the chief complaints that seems universal in this game is the number of dead cities. Doubling down on things players don't like seems to be counter to the goal of having active cities.
St. Paddy's mini game is all about efficient & effective micro-management. If you don't have the time and/or the energy, you can take the 'easy' way and clear out a festival town every 3-4 days.
OR
If you enjoy the challenge, you can potentially clear out festivals every 28-30hrs and rake in the grand prizes like it's going out of fashion!

The Wildlife mini game is basically the result of, "if Candy Crush and Toonblast had a child, it would be this."
Highly tactical & strategic game play, with a limited number of tools to get around sticky situations. Some will rage as they refuse to take the time to understand how the game works, but once you've got the hang of it, it's been the single best daily prize AND grand prize event ever!
(ie: the beta version was so ludicrous, Inno had to nerf the ever living gak out of it for the Live release, and we still made out like actual bandits!lol)

I really hope the devs port over one of these options, and then we can have an event calendar that can basically rotate between a 'traditional' 3 chests system, which seems to be the most popular here (for some reason?), and then have an 'other' style mini game between the shuffleboard/misty forest/festival town/not-toon-blast style games.

Just please, SOMETHING to break up the sheer boringness of the constant "how RNG bless/screwed am I this time?!" events. ;):p

NorNS

I found this event extremely disappointing! The royal prizes last event were much better and it was much harder to progress up the prize line. I also found the prizes in general very disappointing. This is my least favorite event so far. I usually spend a lot of money buying things during the event but this time I didn't really care if I completed it or not. I sure hope the next event is better. I mostly received troops and KP if events continue to be like this it'll save me a lot of money because I won't spend any money on it!
Am I confused or did Royal Prizes get worse? I was thinking there were 3 blueprints last time. I was considering buying it this event but not with only 2 blueprints. Darn!
I found this event extremely disappointing! The royal prizes last event were much better and it was much harder to progress up the prize line. I also found all the prizes in this event very disappointing. This is my least favorite event so far. I usually spend a lot of money buying things during the event but this time I didn't really care if I completed it or not. I sure hope the next event is better. I mostly received troops and KP if events continue to be like this it'll save me a lot of money because I won't spend any money on it!

NorNS

The chances to get daily exclusive building is horrible. This event is frustrating and quickly becoming non-fun.
I completely agree! This was the worst event so far! Everything about it was disappointing. I really hope the next event is better!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Just like last year, I enjoyed the event. The mist is by far the most engaging format and actually requires some skill.
Yeesh are the prizes ever bad though. :oops:

I actually laughed about loud when I had this run of 3 chests:
"Oh, 3 random runes? That's as useless as it gets." Next chest? 2 random runes. Ha! next chest? 5 broken rune shards with a full bar!

Well played inno.

The Unbeliever

Just like last year, I enjoyed the event. The mist is by far the most engaging format and actually requires some skill.
Yeesh are the prizes ever bad though. :oops:

I actually laughed about loud when I had this run of 3 chests:
"Oh, 3 random runes? That's as useless as it gets." Next chest? 2 random runes. Ha! next chest? 5 broken rune shards with a full bar!

Well played inno.
I think too many people are equating **** prizes = entire event sucks...

Yes, the prizes in general, especially the so-called 'Grand Prize' are absolutely beyond fething awful! (...outside of the Orks resource producers, but even those are lesser than previous offerings!)
The %'s however are absolutely in line with other events, and I've bagged a goodly number of dailies over the course of this event. So no complaints there... hell, the return of the various Troops instants is outstanding - please keep them coming in future events!!

And yes, the quest line itself was also teeth grindingly annoying.

The game play of the mini game however is absolutely bloody brilliant! Finally rewarding skill over sheer dumb luck, especially with the Leagues now being a thing :)

My hope for next year's event is:
1. BETTER DAILY PRIZES!!

2. Bring in the daily Calendar as well!
Think about porting over the 'Creepy Toys' with their bonus quests & 'mini prizes' too... this could even be a fun way of working in the 'Joker Sticker' pieces with the Calendar, since we don't have the daily challenges mechanic?!

3. Remove some of the constant "Do Tournament Encounters/Spire Encounters" and non-stop "Gain Relics" quests... remove outright the BS that is "waste your pet food hur-dur!" crap.
Bring back some more of the various timed workshop productions, perhaps even requiring say some instances of, "Finish X number of productions in a Workshop of your current chapter, OR, Y number of productions in a Workshop of the previous chapter".

4. MOAR SKULLS!!
(...seriously, it's Halloween - where are the skulls?!:()

This event was horrible. I have played it pretty consistent and yet have only received ONE Dailey prize building. The small prizes are not what I really want. I dont need KP... I dont need troops .... I dont want the grand prize that I will never get to level 10. I just wanted to be able to get a few new buildings for my city. TOTAL waist of my time.

The Unbeliever

With things winding down now, my final tallies across my two cities are;
1. secondary city on E-world 270 cats total.
NO Ashen Phoenix, and I missed some incident pick-ups.

2. main city on K-world 325 cats total
Ashen Phoenix + spent 2250 dias to top up my currency for a couple extra big tool packs.

not bad results overall... Seemed like there more lights scattered about the forest this year, which helped out as well. :)

hoopity

I was curious how far I could get without buying packs, so I ran the event on all 8 worlds finishing all quests, collecting goodies along the perimeter, and playing the mini-game with the same strategy (only buy 420 packs, skip only few daily prizes).

Code:
World       Score
Harandar    273
Winyandor   266
Ceravyn     265
Sinya Arda  256
Khelonaar   251
Felyndral   249
Arendyll    247
Elcysandir  241

Average     256
95% CI   +/-7.6

3 out of 8 worlds hit 260 for the final evolving building upgrade. Of the 5 that missed, 3-4 stand a decent chance to hit the Silver League threshold for the final upgrade, though that's not reliable for more popular events. In conclusion, I think that anyone who completed all the quests, collected perimeter goods occasionally, and prioritized collecting spirits instead of a more general approach like I did, they would have a reasonable chance to finish their event building.

Also, don't do all quests 8 times...

Last edited:

Sylki

Just my impression of this event as it nears the final hours……
I was underwhelmed by this one. Sad, since I have enjoyed the past ones very much and looked forward to this one just as much. The whole maze and lights, just seemed more like fumbling in the dark (pun intended:) than in past events. I’m not griping because I got very little in prizes because I’ve gotten streaks of bad luck in the past and was just happy with whatever I got. This was just not fun for me but I enjoyed the story line.

Moho

Chef
I think too many people are equating **** prizes = entire event sucks
First, groping through the Misty Forest to pick cats and daily prizes can hardly be regarded as fun. Maybe I would have enjoyed it when I was five. I really don't understand how growup people can be enamored of what I consider a child's play.

Second, converting the event currency into prizes should be a side activity and a mere formality, not a game in itself, the kind of which I did not intend to play when I signed up for Elvenar. Anything that complicates and delays obtaining the prizes is only meant to make people spend more money. Or time.

Third, this whole event was way more time-consuming than the others, which for me spells inefficiency. In my book, time is the most valuable resource and my playing style focuses on making my city and my entire game as efficent as possible. Spending unjustifiably long time to obtain anything in this game is the opposite of fun.

This is the reason why (despite the fact I managed to obtain the prizes I wanted, including all the necessary artifacts for the event main buidling) I will definitely refrain myself from participating in the next Misty Forest event.

EnchantedElsie

so...if I had to fight to play Elvenar, I would not play. Pet food has not come up in crafting for my city in Harandar for 2 weeks, so this adventure is a complete bust. I'm somewhat...disgusted.

Guurt The Destroyer

I enjoyed this event. The actual mechanics were refreshingly fun.

I also managed to get 281 points just managing to get the little blue cat. So there was that.

As always I got 10 artifacts and finished in silver. I was closer to Gold then normal, but Gold is still unattainable without spending diamonds.

I could care less about the prizes. I just end up disenchanting everything I get in every event. The only exception being the main prize and any building that produces troops.

If you aren't in one of the higher chapters then all prizes other than the main building are pretty much just fodder for disenchant.

I did get a bunch of troop instants. Those are the only thing valuable to me as I am in the Woodelves and buildings just become outdated too quickly as I move through the chapters.

Tehya1

Well, I ended up in the bronze league in two cities, and silver in one. The silver has everything to do with the world. The league scores in the other two worlds started climbing yesterday and knocked me out of silver, probably as event currency hoarders started playing and the credit cards came out.

I was sooo close to getting the blue cat! I really wanted it. lol I like the format, so I hope it is used again, but please, give us better prizes!

BrinDarby

I fare'd about as well as @hoopity did, I was also without Ashton/stash....
264 (silver/Khel) 254 (silver/Fely) 253 (silver/Haran), only hitt'n 260 ... 1 of 3.
I only focused on GP pts and moving right. Normally I'd then have to earn
1 artifact from the next FA in 2 worlds, but since I hit Silver... its not necessary.

Add 1 more evolve that gives me troops I haven't researched yet ;)

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I really have a strong dislike for this event format! That being said, I caved yesterday. I made gold. I even woke up early in the AM just to check that I was still in gold. I decided I had to have the black cat. My beautiful black baby would be proud if only cats could understand :D

The Unbeliever

I really have a strong dislike for this event format! That being said, I caved yesterday. I made gold. I even woke up early in the AM just to check that I was still in gold. I decided I had to have the black cat. My beautiful black baby would be proud if only cats could understand :D
Oh cats understand...

My little Stitch kitten sits around watching football with me.
2 days later, she & little Loki catch a mouse, race upstairs to the living room with it, and are running hail mary passing routes to each other, flinging their squeaking little mouse-ball 5-6 feet across the room.

Stitch is now banned from watching any more TV. :oops:
(...especially crime procedurals, after she went and water boarded/drowned another mouse they'd caught!)

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I made silver league in both cities without Ashen. One city had 19 leftover vertical lanterns I couldn’t use though. I only bought the 430 packs so that was somewhat annoying. I like any building that gives units since it lets me reduce or remove them from my production.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
First, groping through the Misty Forest to pick cats and daily prizes can hardly be regarded as fun. Maybe I would have enjoyed it when I was five. I really don't understand how growup people can be enamored of what I consider a child's play.
But... what part of Elvenar isn't "child's play"? it's not like Log-in>click to collect>Click upgrade is overly cerebral. The Paper>Rock>Scissors of combat isn't particularly challenging either... so what exactly do you want out of a simple app/browser game?

What scratches your grown-up itch? Your post mentions an running your city as efficiently as possible, for others they take a tiny bit of joy from running the mist as efficiently as possible (see gold finishes without diamonds)

Last edited: